David Taylor at WTT. Good or bad?

1 hour ago, AgaveMaria said:

The blowhard TV turkey who called LA Rams Quarterback Jim Everett "Chris Everett" - and is lucky Jim Everett didn't flatten him. Was, is and always will be a DoucheCanoe.

There was a lot of speculation at the time that this was a "work" to get Rome publicity.

I didn't know who Rome was before this, but I certainly did after.

Were any charges pressed?

On 9/16/2024 at 12:53 PM, boconnell said:

There was zero suggestion or discussion of him not going to worlds because he couldn't win.

The discussion is about the different impact on his coaching from going to trials for a weekend vs leaving the country for a week plus to compete at worlds right before the season.  

I think it's great for OSU wrestling to have him go, but I get why it's two different discussions.  

It should be 0 discussions.  If you enter wtt or comparable event and win you should 1000% be committed to going.   Fwiw.  My 2 cents. 

1 hour ago, Caveira said:

It should be 0 discussions.  If you enter wtt or comparable event and win you should 1000% be committed to going.   Fwiw.  My 2 cents. 

agreed. Taylor's attitude is a little off putting.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

19 minutes ago, Idaho said:

And they still have Davis, Facundo and Mirasola to take their place....so I am not sure that can even happen. 

Prolly.  My joke isn’t do they have great backups.   They do.  My joke is a fair amount of the psu faithful forget they get transfers and recruit over as well.  

• Bob 1

now that daylor has sucked all the energy out of the room and focused it clearly on himself (see his ME ME ME ME ME ME presser linked above) I have heard next to nothing about Okie State. They had momentum and energy around their program in the weeks following his hire. Seems like his competitive career has become a huge issue. Ego is a killer. 

38 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

now that daylor has sucked all the energy out of the room and focused it clearly on himself (see his ME ME ME ME ME ME presser linked above) I have heard next to nothing about Okie State. They had momentum and energy around their program in the weeks following his hire. Seems like his competitive career has become a huge issue. Ego is a killer. 

Was there last weekend.  Saw DT but no one else.  I think they dropped the program.  

• Ionel 1