How to think critically about what the media is telling you?

4 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

You have these 740 national security officials,...

Edit: attention @Saylors_Tiny_Willie who originally mentioned the letter.

No.  

• This election is a choice between serious leadership and vengeful impulsiveness. It is a choice between democracy and authoritarianism.

Emotional words fail right from the start.  It is the opinion of many that Biden/Harris were not serious about the economy and immigration, two pressing issues for the people.  Trump definitely is impulsive and I'd put money that he is vengeful (understandably) in his next presidency.  It would shock me to see Trump be a stoic on the way he has been unusually targeted.  Biden/Harris can be argued as authoritarian right form the beginning with the large amount of executive orders that bypassed congress.  If one swallows the J6 narratives as the media has presented, they make the argument of Trump authoritarianism.  We've seen Trump and Biden/Harris be a president.  The Democracy held and the "authoritarianism" was checked and balanced.

Outrageous.  No.

• Vice President Harris has proven she is an effective leader able to advance American national security interests.

She failed to protect national security interests through her failure on illegal immigration.  Russia relation failure and Afghanistan withdrawal.  Inflation.  She recently demonstrated how serious she is when stating "As of today, there is not one member of the United States Military who is in Active Duty in a combat zone in any war zone around the world.  The first time..."

Maybe?

• She grasps the reality of American military deterrence, promising to preserve the American military’s status as the most “lethal” force in the world.

Why did they fail to mention that Trump advocated for increasing military spending to rebuild and strengthen the U.S. military for national security.  Trump pushed allies to do their part with NATO contributions...

Bullshit!

• We believe, as President Ronald Reagan said, that “America is a shining city on a hill.” Yet in this election, one of President Reagan’s more ominous warnings is equally relevant. “Freedom,” he said, “is never more than one generation away from extinction.”

Kamala is talking about the need to censor speech.  Full stop.

• More talk about 2020 election.  Trump scary. 

Trump did cede the election even though millions of sane people believe the 2020 election was rigged, including RFK.

The Trump campaign should write a letter and open it up to the Military service members.  Hundreds of thousands would sign the letter.

-------------

Source: https://www.nsl4a.org/nsl4a-announcements/nsl4a-endorsement-harris

Edited by jross
  • Bob 2
  • Haha 1

Sensible people are going to see through the smoke and realize these are the same folks who knew of, and failed to stop, the 9/11 terrorists, pushed WMDs, Russia collusion hoax, Hunter’s laptop disinformation, buried the Biden’s corruption, dementia, and  more.  But suckers are gonna suck. 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2024 at 3:16 PM, jross said:

@Saylors_Tiny_Willie

Did you check the charts bias? 

The first red flag is that the majority of respondents trust Kama more on crime than Donald Trump.  That is outrageously unbelievable unless the respondent majority slant a certain left direction.  

image.png

The second red flag is that the chart (above) is sorted in descending order for trust in Kamala Harris.  An unbiased sort would show trust in the order that the voters said was must important (below).

image.png

My BS meter is spiking, and now I’m wondering:

• How many respondents?
  • What are their political affiliations?
  • What are their age and gender demographics?

The survey had 2,028 respondents, all paid to participate. This included 712 (35%) Hispanic respondents and 528 (26%) Black respondents. For context, Hispanics make up about 19% of the U.S. population, and Black Americans make up about 12%.

Links

This biased chart omits key information, and the media presents it as if "all of America" trusts Kamala on the economy.

I think this is more of human psychology story than one about the media or how well a poll was weighted based on respondents.

People have decided they're supporting Harris and are working backwards from that to say she's better on these issues than the person they aren't voting for.

One thing I think we should think critically about is if accounts like End Wokeness exist solely to keep you angry and coming back for more. 

Here is a list of stations being bought by George Soros - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_radio_stations_owned_by_Audacy,_Inc.#

Unsurprisingly, the talk radio stations appear to mostly be conservative (even a Spanish language conservative talk radio station in Miami). I doubt even these see a change because liberal talk radio has failed every time it has been tried.

The George Soros haters should be happy he's putting his money in a dying medium.

• Bob 1

57 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I don’t understand why anyone would be against reigning in misinformation.

Who decides?  One man's truth and fact is dubbed by the rich and powerful (i.e. government) as misinformation.  Just read nursery rhymes and Aesop's fables to learn about this phenomenon.  The child who had the temerity to notice the emperor has no clothes in The Emperor's New Clothes story would certainly have been labelled a purveyor of misinformation if the Emperor and his ministers had the power to silence the child.

"Reigning in misinformation" is as terrifying to a free man as "no one should have the means of resisting government authority (i.e. no 2nd amendment)". 

I am against reigning in misinformation because no amount of misinformation can ever be as dangerous and having the power to reign in misinformation. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I don’t understand why anyone would be against reigning in misinformation. Freedom of speech does not include causing damage and consequences to others through lies. 

who decides what is misinformation?

david muir?

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I don’t understand why anyone would be against reigning in misinformation. Freedom of speech does not include causing damage and consequences to others through lies. 

I know those 51 intelligence analysts agree.  What say you about that?

• Bob 2
  • Pirate 1

1 hour ago, Danny Deck said:

One thing I think we should think critically about is if accounts like End Wokeness exist solely to keep you angry and coming back for more. 

now do the media and every leftist twitter handle existing to call trump hitler and keep the 'resistance' up...

9 minutes ago, Caveira said:

I know those 51 intelligence analysts agree.  What say you about that?

I say I don’t find certain lies, and certain people lying, unacceptable while being okay with others.  I say I am against it all, and have no problem with lies that damage others being reigned it, as that is not an element of freedom. 

• Haha 1