Olympic Wrestling ... Day 5

2 minutes ago, STLBOY said:

Look of rookie mistakes there. Should have won that match 

He looked lost out there.  Unprepared.  He took a terrible shot when leading and then lets up on the edge to get planted for 4 (really 5 with the lost challenge).  

Unreal.

Edited by The Kid
  • Bob 1

11 minutes ago, Gus said:

Looks like Kadi lost already in the opening round. I'm looking for Salkazanov or the young Greek to come out of the bottom of the bracket. 

Whelp, definitely not gonna be the young Greek. He had nothing in that match. 

3 minutes ago, Not the Real Scribe said:

When is Dake up again?

As of now... 4th bout on Mat A.

OR

3rd bout after the one being wrestled NOW.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 minute ago, STLBOY said:

He needs to quit shooting for the sake of shooting. Pick your shots and set them up and learn on the edge wrestling at this level. Makes or breaks a match 

He looked like he was wrestling a folkstyle match

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

Bummer. I know the Mongolian is tough, but that was not Parris’s best match. So many straight on shots without getting any angles, and then the mental mistake giving up that 4. I believe Parris is good enough to medal but unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we will get to see that today

4 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Standby... who thinks Parris will get pulled back into repechage?

Anyone?

D3

I do, Lhagvagerel once beat Petravishvili at the Worlds. He is a wrestler and his father was a wrestler. 

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Cowboy08 said:

Really poor showing by Parris, I never understood how everyone just penciled him in for a medal like he was Steveson 

Parris in Paris may have believed his own hype.  It was Parris with the embarrass in Paris.

• Ban Basketball 1

1 minute ago, STLBOY said:

He needs to quit shooting for the sake of shooting. Pick your shots and set them up and learn on the edge wrestling at this level. Makes or breaks a match 

HIs first takedown looked like that. Not his first 90 seconds, but the first one he scored. 

For a moment I thought he had settled down and was on it. 

2 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

Really poor showing by Parris, I never understood how everyone just penciled him in for a medal like he was Steveson 

... but he's NOT like Steveson. 😏

D3

• Bob 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.