Olympic Wrestling ... Day 5

2 hours ago, Spladle88 said:

Gable has a chance to make Bill's practice squad if they see any possibilities, in terms of making active roster zero chance......

Practice squad spot pays nicely ($12,000 a week or around $216,000 for season) although obviously nowhere near the dollars of an active roster player.........Bill's coach McDermott a two time Prep champion (at 174 I believe?) so he will give him every chance to make the practice squad........

https://www.baschamania.com/news/buffalo-bills-head-coach-sean-mcdermott-loves-wrestling-and-credits-much-of-his-success-to-the-sport

I was at the Bills practice yesterday and saw Steveson getting after it... hope he makes the practice squad and continues to develop, would be a great story.

Edited by Doublehalf

On 8/9/2024 at 10:02 AM, ionel said:

Pretty sure Bob allows the animals in the Zoo to fight as long as they stay in their cages.  Maybe head over there see if BB is up for the challenge.  

I'll fight bob himself at his trailer park!

2 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

Careful, someone told me there were no Russians in this tournament. 

Dake's Bracket Alone LOL. 

JAMALOV Razambek Salambekovitch
KADZIMAHAMEDAU Mahamedkhabib
CABOLOV Hetik
Viktor Rassadin
VALIEV Chermen
Tajmuraz Salkazanov

• Bob 2

On 8/9/2024 at 10:42 AM, Crotalus said:
On 8/9/2024 at 10:14 AM, scribers said:
How long can Gable resist his true feelings and return to where he belongs?

WWE? That was his true passion, but they didn't want him anymore.

we were hear for him win no won else wanted him

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, denger said:

What bugs me now is that Miracle's last takedown looked as much like she exposed her opponent as this one did...but they couldn't review it. 

Isn't that what Miracle got points for was the back exposure in the last seconds?

4 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

MOVE OF THE MEET: 

The Dake Bomb to Head Cradle using Legs.

REASONS:

It came against Iran, and it looked cool. Ended the match with a pin on top of an exclamation point!

Good job Dake came up with bomb- as Parris and Brooks bombed in a different fashion..lol

• Bob 1

Just now, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Brooks can still win bronze.  Not exactly a bomb given he wasn’t a favorite at the weight. 

I dont know.. reading the comments previously felt like he was gonna be a goat for eons. quite an anticlimax if you are hanging your hat on a bronze he may or may not get...lol

2 hours ago, skandar said:

for you to not comprehend the difference between 2+1 and 2+2 is embarrassing.

Great job on your numbers. It's the wrestling part of the equation that always seems to allude you...

1 hour ago, Pipewrench said:

For real sports enthusiasts....women's breakin' qualifications is going on....JFC.

I turned this on. I wasted 5 minutes of my life that I can never get back. I encourage others to learn from my experience and simply pass over whatever channel it's on.

3 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

I turned this on. I wasted 5 minutes of my life that I can never get back. I encourage others to learn from my experience and simply pass over whatever channel it's on.

I bet the young folks enjoy it. 

Yep, them yung'uns are into that Hip-Hop stuff...

giphy.webp

Fo shizzill!

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 hour ago, BarSeries said:

Isn't that what Miracle got points for was the back exposure in the last seconds?

I thought it was a takedown, but I'm often confused by the scoring in those situations. 99% of my experience was folk style, and it was all 20+ years ago. I glitch out when back points are awarded before a takedown - Not so much when it's a defensive exposure, but when the person who initiates action gets two for exposure enroute to ending up on top and in control. 

Please forgive my ignorance.