ANSWER THE QUESTION!!

3 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Honest question.  If you know a particular person has evolved into almost everything he says is bullshit, why do you then believe him when he says "I'm going to do this" in regard to policy.  If you know a person is completely full of shit, why does that not come into play when they are saying something to try to earn your vote.  Especially if a person says he is going to do one thing to a very large group of middle class americans, but then says a completely different thing to smaller groups of a different finanical demographic.   I guess my question is, how do you decipher that, he is definitely lying about these nine things.....but telling us the truth about that one thing?

Easy...because they ALL lie!  That is what politicians do...we can demand it stop...vote for people who we think aren't lying...but in the end they are all the same, lie, and pander to the highest bidder.  I've learned to vote for those that may pander to the highest bidder that then results in a policy change that I agree with.  I know Trump lies...but you and others can say he lies about what he is going to do, and while that may be true in some cases, he did get things done in his tenured that I personally liked.  Did he get everything done he said he would...of course not!  No President does and that is because of the way our government is set up with its checks and balances...and I like that part.  

My guess is you and I probably are close in terms of how we view politics from a R versus D perspective; however, you clearly HATE Trump, and while I do not like some of the things he says, and especially how he acts, I do like some of his policies.

By the way when I asked about Harris' policies...I was being sincere because I have yet to hear any of them...and she may very well have some good ideas....I just want to hear them.  Even in her ads all she does is attack Trump and make the canned talking points that actually say nothing.

19 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Honest question.  If you know a particular person has evolved into almost everything he says is bullshit, why do you then believe him when he says "I'm going to do this" in regard to policy.  If you know a person is completely full of shit, why does that not come into play when they are saying something to try to earn your vote.  Especially if a person says he is going to do one thing to a very large group of middle class americans, but then says a completely different thing to smaller groups of a different finanical demographic.   I guess my question is, how do you decipher that, he is definitely lying about these nine things.....but telling us the truth about that one thing?

But what if both candidates "evolved" or just always were?  Do you vote for RFK - does no good or don't vote - same affect?   Or go with the lesser of two evils?   I live in a state where my vote really doesn't matter, maybe you too Rasta, but still seems important to vote.  Remember the good old days when you could get excited about a candidate.  

57 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Easy...because they ALL lie!  That is what politicians do...we can demand it stop...vote for people who we think aren't lying...but in the end they are all the same, lie, and pander to the highest bidder.  I've learned to vote for those that may pander to the highest bidder that then results in a policy change that I agree with.  I know Trump lies...but you and others can say he lies about what he is going to do, and while that may be true in some cases, he did get things done in his tenured that I personally liked.  Did he get everything done he said he would...of course not!  No President does and that is because of the way our government is set up with its checks and balances...and I like that part.  

My guess is you and I probably are close in terms of how we view politics from a R versus D perspective; however, you clearly HATE Trump, and while I do not like some of the things he says, and especially how he acts, I do like some of his policies.

By the way when I asked about Harris' policies...I was being sincere because I have yet to hear any of them...and she may very well have some good ideas....I just want to hear them.  Even in her ads all she does is attack Trump and make the canned talking points that actually say nothing.

2 things I will say.  1) I do not hate, period, full stop.  I don’t have time for that in my life.  I do believe however that he being in the White House again is very very dangerous.  I also believe he was not nearly as effective a president as the smoke and mirrors will lead many to believe. 

2) if you are truly, truly wanting to learn about Harris’ true vision, policy goals, etc. Do you honestly think intermat non wrestling forums is the best website for that?  Do you truly truly want to learn them, or do you want someone to post them here so you can argue them?  Honest question. It just seems like a reasonable person saying “I really want to learn so I’ll wait for someone to post them on a wrestling site” just doesn’t seem to square. 

54 minutes ago, ionel said:

But what if both candidates "evolved" or just always were?  Do you vote for RFK - does no good or don't vote - same affect?   Or go with the lesser of two evils?   I live in a state where my vote really doesn't matter, maybe you too Rasta, but still seems important to vote.  Remember the good old days when you could get excited about a candidate.  

I vote, I don’t vote every line on the ticket.  I vote for those that align with what I think is right (which, isn’t always what is absolute best for me individually).  If I don’t feel there’s much right about either candidate, I don’t vote that line. From city council to president. Most of my votes go Republican. Pretty much all of my votes go to moderates on either side. 

21 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

2 things I will say.  1) I do not hate, period, full stop.  I don’t have time for that in my life.  I do believe however that he being in the White House again is very very dangerous.  I also believe he was not nearly as effective a president as the smoke and mirrors will lead many to believe. 

2) if you are truly, truly wanting to learn about Harris’ true vision, policy goals, etc. Do you honestly think intermat non wrestling forums is the best website for that?  Do you truly truly want to learn them, or do you want someone to post them here so you can argue them?  Honest question. It just seems like a reasonable person saying “I really want to learn so I’ll wait for someone to post them on a wrestling site” just doesn’t seem to square. 

1.  Fair enough.  However, I don't think any president we vote in will ever be "very very dangerous"...that is not how our system is set up.  Groups of people say that about every single president that is voted in and it is never true because of the checks and balances.  

2.  Come on Rasta...do you honestly think I asked people on here because I would take what they say as the only source of truth or I won't or haven't gone and looked this stuff up somewhere else??  And yes I asked because the whole point of this is the back and forth...and quite frankly I do enjoy the back and forth...not the name calling and the insults, but definitely the back and forth.  And on occasion I have learned stuff and have learned that I have been wrong in my thinking, and admitted to such.

27 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

1.  Fair enough.  However, I don't think any president we vote in will ever be "very very dangerous"...that is not how our system is set up.  Groups of people say that about every single president that is voted in and it is never true because of the checks and balances.  

I have never seen another American President try to do some of the things with our constitution and our process that he has tried.  I have never seen another American president suggest a need to scrap the constitution, under any circumstance. I have never seen an American president say they want to be a dictator even for one day.  And I would ask, have you ever seen an American president align themselves and praise, actually give praise on multiple occasions, praise the ways of governing by dictators the likes of Putin, Jung, and Hitler?

If anything I’ve written above is inaccurate, I’m open to understanding how. 

6 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I have never seen another American President try to do some of the things with our constitution and our process that he has tried.  I have never seen another American president suggest a need to scrap the constitution, under any circumstance. I have never seen an American president say they want to be a dictator even for one day.  And I would ask, have you ever seen an American president align themselves and praise, actually give praise on multiple occasions, praise the ways of governing by dictators the likes of Putin, Jung, and Hitler?

If anything I’ve written above is inaccurate, I’m open to understanding how. 

I can't say anything you say is inaccurate...especially as you pointed out, which I agree with, people see things through the lens they want to see things through.  Your response is your lens. 

I personally think context matters and the nuance of why peoples say things they say.  Trump has and will continue to say some really dumb stuff.  But I can also understand the overall meaning sometimes when he says stupid stuff...for instance, people rode him hard, and still do, when he made a comment about shooting bleach into your veins to cure Covid...people lost their mind over that...while a stupid thing to say, it was meant as an overall larger point which was that he would propose and be open to anything at this point, no matter how ridiculous it was, in order to deal with Covid...not that he was advocating for people to shoot bleach into their veins.  Anyway, my point is a lot of what you said, for me personally, was probably part of a larger point he was trying to make.  Again I am not defending him in anyway...but rather again, just making your own point in which people will choose to see things their own lens.

I like these back and fourths by the way.

5 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I can't say anything you say is inaccurate...especially as you pointed out, which I agree with, people see things through the lens they want to see things through.  Your response is your lens. 

I personally think context matters and the nuance of why peoples say things they say.  Trump has and will continue to say some really dumb stuff.  But I can also understand the overall meaning sometimes when he says stupid stuff...for instance, people rode him hard, and still do, when he made a comment about shooting bleach into your veins to cure Covid...people lost their mind over that...while a stupid thing to say, it was meant as an overall larger point which was that he would propose and be open to anything at this point, no matter how ridiculous it was, in order to deal with Covid...not that he was advocating for people to shoot bleach into their veins.  Anyway, my point is a lot of what you said, for me personally, was probably part of a larger point he was trying to make.  Again I am not defending him in anyway...but rather again, just making your own point in which people will choose to see things their own lens.

I like these back and fourths by the way.

First thing, I’m not seeing what I WANT to see, I’m seeing things as I’m seeing them and that inference by you is indicating I’m only seeing something through a biased lense. That is not true.  I was not always against Trump…..he earned it. 

Secondly, I guess we just disagree with how we took his disinfectant comment. He didn’t just throw it out there like some random example, he mentioned he talked to some folks about it and some folks thought it could work. But again, we all absorb things differently. Maybe he didn’t really have those conversations and it was just more bullshit 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

This has a transcript of what Trump actually said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jul/11/joe-biden/no-trump-didnt-tell-americans-infected-coronavirus/

The truth is, both processes are the basis of chemotherapy and radiation treatment used for cancer.  You cannot trust the media. 

Should we trust the video of him speaking?

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

This has a transcript of what Trump actually said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jul/11/joe-biden/no-trump-didnt-tell-americans-infected-coronavirus/

The truth is, both processes are the basis of chemotherapy and radiation treatment used for cancer.  You cannot trust the media. 

I've had to witness very very closely what chemo does to the human body.   No thanks.

7 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I've had to witness very very closely what chemo does to the human body.   No thanks.

Some have asked which is worse, the disease or the cure.  

Not to derail the thread, but based on earlier remarks, would you reveal one or two of the most egregious things Trump has done, in your opinion. 

11 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Some have asked which is worse, the disease or the cure.  

Not to derail the thread, but based on earlier remarks, would you reveal one or two of the most egregious things Trump has done, in your opinion. 

I've often wondered if she would have been better off without it.  She wouldn't have lived any longer, but she would have 'lived'.

I have listed a few of those things.   If I continue I know how it will go, we've seen that movie plenty of times.

43 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

My father was treated with Chemo 57 years ago.  He passed away 6 months later at 41 years old. My mother had chemo 40 years ago and passed away last September. Chemo is horrible.

50 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I have listed a few of those things.   If I continue I know how it will go, we've seen that movie plenty of times.

Yes, you listed ‘unconstitutional’ as a Trump fault when O’Bama and O’Biden have a worse record for being overturned by the Supreme Court, especially in 9-0 unanimous decisions.  You really don’t understand ‘the art of the deal.’  Elevating his enemies somewhat disarms them, like a coach saying the team he beat was a very good team, it also makes him look bigger and badder that he beat them.  As others have said, the presidency is a job that needs to be filled on merit, not ‘vibes.’

22 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Yes, you listed ‘unconstitutional’ as a Trump fault when O’Bama and O’Biden have a worse record for being overturned by the Supreme Court, especially in 9-0 unanimous decisions.  You really don’t understand ‘the art of the deal.’  Elevating his enemies somewhat disarms them, like a coach saying the team he beat was a very good team, it also makes him look bigger and badder that he beat them.  As others have said, the presidency is a job that needs to be filled on merit, not ‘vibes.’

I laughed when you said I don’t understand “the art of the deal”.  I mean I truly laughed.  

However, I complete 100% agree it is a job that should be merit and not on feels.  And it has been proven for anyone who has yet to believe it. It’s all there right in front of their eyes. 

38 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I laughed when you said I don’t understand “the art of the deal”.  I mean I truly laughed.  

However, I complete 100% agree it is a job that should be merit and not on feels.  And it has been proven for anyone who has yet to believe it. It’s all there right in front of their eyes. 

Im glad your vote won’t count.  

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Im glad your vote won’t count.  

18 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Which vote would you be referring to, since you seem to think to know so much about me?

I'm betting Rasta is like me.  Vote makes a difference/important state and local level maybe not so much national.  And it seems at the local level more important to vote for integrity & issues not the letter by the name.

23 minutes ago, ionel said:

I'm betting Rasta is like me.  Vote makes a difference/important state and local level maybe not so much national.  And it seems at the local level more important to vote for integrity & issues not the letter by the name.

Isn’t that the situation for most of the country?  Maybe seven so called ‘battleground states?’

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Isn’t that the situation for most of the country?  Maybe seven so called ‘battleground states?’

Probably so.  Which is why these national polls mean nothing.  It only matters what's going on in the 7. 

Edited by ionel