Olympic wrestling... Day 1

Okay... I'll play the part of the Old Maid and start this thread.

Day 1 will start the GR tournament @ 60 & 130Kg. Adam Coon @ 130kg will be the first one up (literally, folks as he's going up against the Iranian who nabbed the first seed (do anyone thing he's lucky today?) No US rep @ 60Kg... but we DO have Amit Elor @ 68Kg going up against the #1 seed from Turkiye (I'm so used to sayin' Turkey here... muscle memory!)

I would think the Turkish woman would be wondering here, about who she ticked off to get Elor as a 1st round opponent?

LET the WRESTLING BEGIN!

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Bob 2

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Since both her and Coon have the 1st seeded wrestlers right off the bat... as soon as the wrestling comes on the air today @ 9am EDT, they'll be on the mats., first.

Mat A will wrestle the 60Kg GR bouts... Mat B will wrestle the 68Kg women's FS... Mat C will wrestle the 130Kg GR bouts

D3

• Bob 2

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I am inclined to believe Amit will have a pretty large size advantage in this one. The Turkish girl is coming up in weight and Amit is coming down, let's just hope she's good to go off the scale.

I'm at work today... (but I'll be home on Thursday & Friday to start the men's FS tournament.)

BUT I'll be checking in from time to time. Those at home watchin on Peacock will be sitting in the catbird seat.

(ALSO... check the UWW site for brackets and mat assignments and other stuff of importance to you all.)

D3

1 minute ago, GreenandGold said:

Score? I'm in Paris with no way to watch 🫣

10-2 for Elor.

Garbage time TD for the defending world champ from Turkey when Elor was up 8-0 (~10 seconds to go).

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

10-2 for Elor.

Garbage time TD for the defending world champ from Turkey when Elor was up 8-0 (~10 seconds to go).

... consolation prize for being the 1st seed? 😏

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

1 minute ago, PUWrestler said:

Coon lost 3-1. Evenly balanced on their feet, but the Iranian got the turn in par terre and Coon didn’t.

tanxs for the info.

D3

The slip throw in Amit’s match was a perfect example of why I hate that rule… Amit is totally controlling her and running her all over the mat with an underhook, she can’t do anything other than step out or throw a fake headlock attempt, but the fake headlock rewards her with no score and a restart 🙄

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

I am inclined to believe Amit will have a pretty large size advantage in this one. The Turkish girl is coming up in weight and Amit is coming down, let's just hope she's good to go off the scale.

Not much of a size advantage, but a very large talent advantage. Elor dominated bigtime. 

• Bob 2

From the sounds of it, it appears that Amit decent to 68Kg from 72Kg wasn't a factor in her dominant win over the reigning WC from Turkiye... she did fine.

D3