Cowardly Trump Backing Out of Debating Harris

6 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Good lord, you are living in an alternate reality.

1. No she doesn't. 

There are literally videos of a lot of these lol #1 only.    Also I’ve noticed bad vids of Kamala are getting harder to find on YouTube …..

• Bob 1

4 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

you have a personal responsibility to know what and who you are voting for 

be better 

This is about assault weapons, not "guns." That's why I asked which guns.

Ronald Reagan supported banning assault weapons too. It used to be the sane opinion of most Americans.

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

This is about assault weapons, not "guns." That's why I asked which guns.

Ronald Reagan supported banning assault weapons too. It used to be the sane opinion of most Americans.

the technology of the weapon does not matter

shall not be infringed

US v Miller '39: common to soldier of the day

the 2A is not about hunting.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Did you even watch the video?

"It's about giving people the resources and the support they need, so that everyone can be on equal footing and then ***COMPETE*** on equal footing."

It's about putting everybody at the same starting line for the race.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Caveira said:

There are literally videos of a lot of these lol #1 only.    Also I’ve noticed bad vids of Kamala are getting harder to find on YouTube …..

First video: "It's about giving people the resources and the support they need, so that everyone can be on equal footing and then ***COMPETE*** on equal footing."

Second video: "...our commitment to equity and to make sure all people have ***access to opportunity***"

Putting people at the same starting line is not "equality of outcome."

If you believe that, then you should be able to name her proposed policies that would ensure we all get the same outcome. Good luck with that.

So UB, Kamala, and others, truly think every single person born, regardless of the situation they were born into, should be given the exact same resources and opportunities??  Seriously?!?!  How crazy and asinine of thinking is that!  If equity of outcome isn't the end goal of that thought process, what is the end goal?? 

2 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Take 2 seconds and think about how this works in practice.

Person A: makes $75k/year with no dependents

Person B: makes $25k/year with 2 kids

Equality: both person A and B must receive food stamps even though person A doesn't need it. It wouldn't be "equal" if only person B gets it.

Equity: Person B gets food stamps because they need foodstamps. It helps them compete fairly in the market by having their basic needs met. Person B does not get food stamps because they don't need them. It's not equal, but it's equitable. Both people have their needs met.

2 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

So UB, Kamala, and others, truly think every single person born, regardless of the situation they were born into, should be given the exact same resources and opportunities??  Seriously?!?!  How crazy and asinine of thinking is that!  If equity of outcome isn't the end goal of that thought process, what is the end goal?? 

No, she is literally saying the ***EXACT OPPOSITE***

Poor people need more support than rich people for reasons that are extremely obvious.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

Take 2 seconds and think about how this works in practice.

Person A: makes $75k/year with no dependents

Person B: makes $25k/year with 2 kids

Equality: both person A and B must receive food stamps even though person A doesn't need it. It wouldn't be "equal" if only person B gets it.

Equity: Person B gets food stamps because they need foodstamps. It helps them compete fairly in the market by having their basic needs met. Person B does not get food stamps because they don't need them. It's not equal, but it's equitable. Both people have their needs met.

Why are one person's needs met by their own doing and the other person's needs are met by receiving something they didn't work for?  Don't you think those are the questions that should be asked and answered??  That will truly get to the exact reason why there will never be true equality in this world.  There will always be people that will be smarter and work harder than others, by choice.  So no matter how they start, at equal spots or not, there are going to be people that have more than others based on work ethic, intelligence, drive, etc.  Sorry...but there are people out there that are not willing to do the same work and put forth the same effort as others...and guess what...that is okay.

Just now, Bigbrog said:

Why are one person's needs met by their own doing and the other person's needs are met by receiving something they didn't work for?  Don't you think those are the questions that should be asked and answered??  That will truly get to the exact reason why there will never be true equality in this world.  There will always be people that will be smarter and work harder than others, by choice.  So no matter how they start, at equal spots or not, there are going to be people that have more than others based on work ethic, intelligence, drive, etc.  Sorry...but there are people out there that are not willing to do the same work and put forth the same effort as others...and guess what...that is okay.

Right, and Kamala is okay with that. What matters is doing our best to put everybody as close to the same starting line as possible.

We're the richest country in the history of the world. We should not have hungry children.

You keep confusing the starting line with the finish line.

4 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

No, she is literally saying the ***EXACT OPPOSITE***

Poor people need more support than rich people for reasons that are extremely obvious.

Ummm...what?!?!  You say she literally said the exact opposite than in the very next sentence you say she said exact what I wrote.  If poor people need more support than rich people...why do they need that support other than to give them the same starting point as others who don't need said support??

Did you even read my post or just instantly jump into argue mode??

• Bob 1

She quite literally said that equity is where everyone ends up at the same place. 

https://www.cato.org/blog/kamala-harris-pursuit-equity

This is a Harris quote from the video going around again.  

So there’s a big difference between equality and equity. Equality suggests, “oh everyone should get the same amount.” The problem with that, not everybody’s starting out from the same place. So if we’re all getting the same amount, but you started out back there and I started out over here, we could get the same amount, but you’re still going to be that far back behind me. It’s about giving people the resources and the support they need, so that everyone can be on equal footing, and then compete on equal footing. Equitable treatment means we all end up in the same place.

mspart

• Bob 2

5 minutes ago, Caveira said:

kamala.  Defund the police.  CNN…. That’s a right wing outlet right ?   

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/26/politics/kfile-kamala-harris-praised-defund-the-police-movement-in-june-2020/index.html

"we need to take a look at these budgets and figure out whether it reflects the right priorities."

all she said was that police budgets should be subject to the same scrutiny as any other public budget. she didn't say she supports "defunding" the police, whatever that means.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

Right, and Kamala is okay with that. What matters is doing our best to put everybody as close to the same starting line as possible.

We're the richest country in the history of the world. We should not have hungry children.

You keep confusing the starting line with the finish line.

I'm not confusing anything...I think you are.  I literally asked what the end goal was of the thought process of giving people "support" so that everyone starts at the same starting line?  If you say it isn't so that people have equal outcomes than what is the reason?  

1 minute ago, Bigbrog said:

Ummm...what?!?!  You say she literally said the exact opposite than in the very next sentence you say she said exact what I wrote.  If poor people need more support than rich people...why do they need that support other than to give them the same starting point as others who don't need said support??

Did you even read my post or just instantly jump into argue mode??

No, she said some people need more (this means not the same) amount of support than others. Look at the example I posted above.

Person A doesn't get support because they make $75k

Person B does because they're a single parent making poverty wages. However, with their basic needs met, they now have the opportunity to work their way out of poverty.

Final result: Person A still has far more resources than Person B even though Person B got more government support. What they share is that their basic needs are met, allowing them to compete effectively on the open market.

"we need to take a look at these budgets and figure out whether it reflects the right priorities."

all she said was that police budgets should be subject to the same scrutiny as any other public budget. she didn't say she supports "defunding" the police, whatever that means.

She most certainly did before she joined the D ticket with Biden.    She backed out after that.   She was about defunding police and giving that money to "community services such as education, housing, and healthcare, emphasizing that more police did not equate to more public safety."

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/26/politics/kfile-kamala-harris-praised-defund-the-police-movement-in-june-2020/index.html

You just need to read the article. 

mspart

2 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I'm not confusing anything...I think you are.  I literally asked what the end goal was of the thought process of giving people "support" so that everyone starts at the same starting line?  If you say it isn't so that people have equal outcomes than what is the reason?  

Do sprinters start at the same starting line so that they have equal outcomes?

Just now, mspart said:

She most certainly did before she joined the D ticket with Biden.    She backed out after that.   She was about defunding police and giving that money to "community services such as education, housing, and healthcare, emphasizing that more police did not equate to more public safety."

You just need to read the article. 

mspart

She's 100% right. But this is caricatured as "she wants to take away all the police money." That's not true at all. Some of it can be redirected to more useful things. Our police budgets, especially in cities, are incredibly bloated.

If nobody told you it happened, you wouldn't even notice a 10% police budget cut. 

No, she said some people need more (this means not the same) amount of support than others. Look at the example I posted above.

Person A doesn't get support because they make $75k

Person B does because they're a single parent making poverty wages. However, with their basic needs met, they now have the opportunity to work their way out of poverty.

Final result: Person A still has far more resources than Person B even though Person B got more government support. What they share is that their basic needs are met, allowing them to compete effectively on the open market.

Again...why does person A make $75k and why does person B only make $25k??  Don't you think that THAT is the question we should be asking??  

I wonder if you are conflating two different things here...children going hungry, and the reason some people make more money and have better jobs than others.

Excellent example of why equity does not work in practice.  

mspart 

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

So....AGAIN....you think every person, no matter the situation they were born into, should be given resources (some may need more than others) so that they all start at an equal point in their life??  For what reason??