Olympic brackets

11 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Really sucks for Coon given Lopez would be the next match as well. If he loses to the Iranian, he would be eliminated if Iran loses to Lopez. Both are pretty likely I would guess 😕

Or he takes them both out and goes on a rampage 

Anybody want to start the Olympic wrestling thread?

The action begins @ 9am EDT w/ the weights mentioned above.

(Let's Get This party Started... )

D3

• Fire 2

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 hour ago, D3 for LU said:

Anybody want to start the Olympic wrestling thread?

The action begins @ 9am EDT w/ the weights mentioned above.

(Let's Get This party Started... )

D3

Those of you with access please post any videos of our guys. Thanks!

9 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

I am not going to lie to you guys I am cheering for Majin over coon. 5time 5 time 5time that would just be too cool.

That would be awesome to witness history like that! If they meet head to head, though, I can’t root against my own countrymen so I’d be cheering on Coon. However, I must admit, if he is wrestling the Iranian, I’d root for López even I though it would eliminate Coon from the repachage 

So one of three (3) things will happen with the 57 KG bracket.

1 ) Serbia will have a replacement wrestler come in.  I believe they had a recent Russian transfer in, however I do not know if he would meet the vetting process deadline.

2 ) The next guy up gets in, or the next guy up who is already in Paris.  Iran or India were next up, I think?  I don't know if either would think to send a 57 KG guy 'just in case' so there is that.

3 ) Whatever deadline that needs to pass passed already and the 57 KG bracket will remain as-is with the guy who was drawn in to face Micic essentially getting a bye.  I do suppose there is a 3B ) in that they move everyone up and either the new #1 gets a bye or the bye gets drawn-in.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

20 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

She starts off with the #1 seed? Wow

I get they “seed” the wrestlers but with the top UWW point acquirers aren’t often the weight class favorite.  For most of the women being on the opposite side as  Japan is probably the slightly easier route to a final. 

• Bob 1