JD Vance is Trumps VP pick

JimmyBT

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Well, you see, the current GOP nominee  (and favorite to win again) ran (in part) on overturning Roe v. Wade, and would be responsible for signing any bills that come forward now, including a national ban.  And Vance, as VP, is next in line for the presidency presuming Trump wins, and Trump is an overweight near-octogenarian who eats fast food all the time, so he would have the same powers therein.  What's the argument here, they can't overturn Roe v. Wade a second time?  Like I said, I hope the conservatives think just like you.  Forefront their opinions on this issue!

I'm wondering when the Democrats and Independents will get the memo that the Supreme Court sent abortion back to their individual state , where it should have always been.

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I don't necessarily disagree, although I'm not as "it's over" as you are with Biden.  I don't think he'll win, but I don't think it's necessarily DOA either.  I would rather it be somebody else, and I think a Whitmer-Shapiro ticket would be the best option.

You should have realized by now that the dimocrat party doesn’t care what you think or how you vote.  They don’t operate democratically. 

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I don't necessarily disagree, although I'm not as "it's over" as you are with Biden.  I don't think he'll win, but I don't think it's necessarily DOA either.  I would rather it be somebody else, and I think a Whitmer-Shapiro ticket would be the best option.

At this point it's pretty much over.  Things can change but Biden will have to sweep all of those 3 states I mentioned.  And Shapiro would be a terrible choice.  A) Trump has a bigger following in PA.  B) He's Jewish and Pro Israel.  Not going to play well in the state of Michigan where Biden has flip flopped on his Israel stance to try and appease the muslim vote in that state.  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

I'm wondering when the Democrats and Independents will get the memo that the Supreme Court sent abortion back to their individual state , where it should have always been.

That's your opinion.  Why should a woman in Texas not be entitled to the same medical care as a woman in Connecticut?

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Because the previous P and VP did something to get to this end and the way our government is set up, it's very difficult to unwind.  Come on, man, don't be purposely obtuse.

What did they do?  Do the P & VP control the SCOTUS docket?  If so then why didn't Joe & Kamala fix it?  

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I would think Gavin Newsome might be a better choice.

Just now, Paul158 said:

I would think Gavin Newsome might be a better choice.

Gavin Newsome would be an absolute horrific choice.  He's a ken doll from an extremely hated liberal state in the minds of Mid Westerners 

• Fire 2

Just now, VakAttack said:

So you're just going to be purposely obtuse on this subject, got it.

My friends call me acute but occasionally more like a right triangle.  But sure. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

That's your opinion.  Why should a woman in Texas not be entitled to the same medical care as a woman in Connecticut?

You are a lawyer. When you go from state to state laws change. Why? One state its legal to grow and sell pot. The next state its illegal. You can have gun in one and not in another state. There might several hundred laws that vary from state to state. In California it cool if you only steal 700 dollars of goods from a store.  Why so many different laws for the exact same thing. Gun laws are crazy as you travel from state to state. 

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

Abortion isn’t medical care, dufus.  

Vak is a great poster who I've disagreed with on occasion but dufus he is not.  If you're respectful towards him he's a great person to engage with

• Potato 1

11 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Why do property & income tax vary by state?  There oughta be a law!  Or maybe you are just being obtuse?  🙂

Edited by ionel
  • Bob 1

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

My friends call me acute but occasionally more like a right triangle.  But sure. 

How much time did Andy get in the hole for calling the Warden Obtuse in the Shawshank Redemption? That was a big mistake. But Andy got him in the end.

10 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Vak is a great poster who I've disagreed with on occasion but dufus he is not.  If you're respectful towards him he's a great person to engage with

If he's gonna throw out geometric names on folks he's gotta expect some coming back.  

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

If he's gonna throw out geometric names on folks he's gotta expect some coming back.  

My childhood friend Rhombus always told me not to be so two dimensional and it's better to look at life through a three dimensional prism.  Thinking back on my buddy I realize life is much like a circle or a cylinder.  I remember his constant short quotes like, "be a triangle my friend.  Distribute life's weight equally."