Sidakov on us soil

No boots on the ground from Flo or Willie to witness a rare event like this ? When is the last time a Russian of sidakovs quality came to do a clinic in us ?....I'm frankly intrigued...curious...and wanting to know the happenings. Any live goes with yanni ? What's he think of the folkstyle and college environment ? Doing MMA ?

Did dake do a double take with this announcement and set up an exhibition ? We all know dake has been preparing for one man for the last 4 years. If I'm dake I want to wrestle sidakov before the Olympics and beat him and get that off my back and go into Olympic mentally on point. With Russia being ruled out it makes perfect sense. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

Did dake do a double take with this announcement and set up an exhibition ? We all know dake has been preparing for one man for the last 4 years. If I'm dake I want to wrestle sidakov before the Olympics and beat him and get that off my back and go into Olympic mentally on point. With Russia being ruled out it makes perfect sense. 

To me that makes absolutely no sense, and I have a feeling dake agrees.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

To me that makes absolutely no sense, and I have a feeling dake agrees.

How have JB or Dake not challenged this man to a match for next weekend? Tomorrow? Tonight?

State College is 3.5hrs from Rutgers and Philly is 75 minutes.

Edit: Dake is in COS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

How have JB or Dake not challenged this man to a match for next weekend? Tomorrow? Tonight?

no clue if this is ironic or not

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

Because there is only downside for Dake. What if Sidakov decides it would be fine to go after a knee, elbow, ankle, shoulder, etc.? What is the worst that could happen to Sidakov? He is already not going to the Olympics.

It is the same reason Olympic alternates do not serve as warm up partners for Olympic starters. For example, while Nick Lee traveled to the Last Chance Qualifier in Istanbul with Zain Retherford, but it was Jordan Conaway who warmed him up.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Because there is only downside for Dake. What if Sidakov decides it would be fine to go after a knee, elbow, ankle, shoulder, etc.? What is the worst that could happen to Sidakov? He is already not going to the Olympics.

It is the same reason Olympic alternates do not serve as warm up partners for Olympic starters. For example, while Nick Lee traveled to the Last Chance Qualifier in Istanbul with Zain Retherford, but it was Jordan Conaway who warmed him up.

Dake could get injured wrestling his training partner. There would be refs.

Look. Dake has openly said the one guy he wants to best is sidakov. He will be unfulfilled if he wins the Olympics with that in back of his mind 

Very disappointing wrestling coverage on this. If dake went to Russia the news would be all over it. Sad state of affairs 

5 hours ago, Le duke said:

I agree totally. Even better. Invite sidakov to Colorado springs....Russians would be interested in that to see our training and it could give a better feel to dake and retherford ....in addition to helping dake mentally get that one under is belt 

That would be some next level stuff imo. Sidakov is MMA now guys. There's no more competition there to worry about. Time to break bread. And fuel us to new heights 

Who is the last great Russian to come here for a clinic ? Sidakov is opening his arms to us. 

21 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Clearly. But it isn't about whether it could happen, it is about incentives.

Sidakov is gonna be incemtivized to hurt dake ? No way. He wouldn't even make it off the mat before the us team watching this match murder him. 

The better argument is. Why would either do this when they can wait after the Olympics and do an exhibition and make $$$. Moreso sidakov who has nothing to really gain from wrestling dake- tho not sure what he has to gain from a wrestling clinic in New Jersey

Id suppose, he is trying to build connections in the USA for the MMA world. 

I predict. This match will happen eventually. Too much money and interest. 

Wow just watched dakes interview today on flo. He is not going to go down without this match

Same with lee. Verbatim will wrestle Russia post Olympics if he wins.

At this point how bout a Russia vs USA post Olympics dual meet for Best team in world. I would pay large money to watch that dual meet. 

• Bob 2

It's hard to fathom the idiocy of comments here, calling on Dake to try to call Sidakov out and go 100% in a match to try to take one only one month before the Olympics. Spencer Lee, Zain, Dake, Brooks, Snyder and Parris have all been robbed the opportunity to compete against some of the best wrestlers in the world. Dake wants one against Sidakov, and there's a perfect opportunity for it, but it is NOT in the runup to the Olympic Games. I feel that the US Senior Men's team should participate as a group in the Russian Friendship Games from September 15 - 29, 2024. It is a great way to vote thumbs down on this exclusion of Russian competitors. If you think about it, it's also enough time to recover from the Olympics. USA Wrestling and the current administration will do all they can to nix this idea, even going so far as to ban US wrestlers from competing, in my opinion. There's no need for a Russia post Olympics dual meet; there will be some of the best wrestlers in the world at the Russian Friendship Games, and if the US team, especially one bearing heavy metals from the Olympics, demand to compete, you had better believe that nearly ALL of the best wrestlers in the world will make it. 

3 hours ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

It's hard to fathom the idiocy of comments here, calling on Dake to try to call Sidakov out and go 100% in a match to try to take one only one month before the Olympics. Spencer Lee, Zain, Dake, Brooks, Snyder and Parris have all been robbed the opportunity to compete against some of the best wrestlers in the world. Dake wants one against Sidakov, and there's a perfect opportunity for it, but it is NOT in the runup to the Olympic Games. I feel that the US Senior Men's team should participate as a group in the Russian Friendship Games from September 15 - 29, 2024. It is a great way to vote thumbs down on this exclusion of Russian competitors. If you think about it, it's also enough time to recover from the Olympics. USA Wrestling and the current administration will do all they can to nix this idea, even going so far as to ban US wrestlers from competing, in my opinion. There's no need for a Russia post Olympics dual meet; there will be some of the best wrestlers in the world at the Russian Friendship Games, and if the US team, especially one bearing heavy metals from the Olympics, demand to compete, you had better believe that nearly ALL of the best wrestlers in the world will make it. 

I'm sure that the "Friendship Games" (ridiculous name) will have fair officiating and doping controls.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

Posted (edited)

For those unaware, Sidakov has an established personal relationship with Illini Director of Wrestling Operations Bryan Medlin and his family going back many years.

Also, Medin pronounces "Sidakov" different than every other American.  My guess is that he says it correctly.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

9 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I'm sure that the "Friendship Games" (ridiculous name) will have fair officiating and doping controls.

Friendship Games is an absolutely hilarious name for a Russian-ran tournament, lmao. 

15 hours ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

No there is a huge need for Russia USA dual. Why have we dualed every other country via world cup but not Russia ?  That dual would blow the Olympics out of the water. 

...and it is now bumped to 2025.  Must not be into friendship in 2024.  Waiting to be more amicable next year.

Maybe they’ll return the 300,000+ children they’ve kidnapped from Ukraine by then?