Alot of Buzz coming for New Associate HC at Rutgers

I'm sure Jimmy has no answers but related to this case, why did Bill Self leave Illinois versus staying to go to Kansas when most thought his alma mater OSU would be the one to steal him away?

Edited by ionel

1 hour ago, alex1fly said:

Lol I can't even be mad at Jimmy's investigative journalist vibe. "Prove he ISN'T blacklisted!" is just funny. Go get em!

In all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised to see Scott take a break from coaching until his kids are graduated. Uprooting can be hard on a family.

He plans to not coach for another 15 years?  That's a long time to be out of the sport if he expects to come back.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He plans to not coach for another 15 years?  That's a long time to be out of the sport if he expects to come back.

Perhaps. It's all speculation obviously. But evaluation periods happen with big life events, so a break from wrestling makes sense to me. Maybe he'll interview for open positions next year after missing the sport and getting his family on board to move across the country again. Maybe big bad OSU convinced the entire wrestling community to blacklist him and he can't get an interview unless he kisses DT's boots. Who knows really

46 minutes ago, alex1fly said:

Maybe big bad OSU convinced the entire wrestling community to blacklist him and he can't get an interview unless he kisses DT's boots.

We know you aren't serious but just saying such for Jimmy's sake,  but if they could do this wouldn't they first blacklist AJ and Chris Perry?

46 minutes ago, alex1fly said:

Who knows really

Certainly not Jimmy.

Edited by ionel

Given the makeup of their current coaching staff, the Scarlett Knight fans over on their team forum seem to emphasize that the new candidate should meet a couple requirements:

1) It should be someone who has personally experienced division one wrestling excellence as a wrestler (not just as a coach)

2) It should be someone ideally who is an upper weight

Given those asks, I've seen the name Kollin Moore thrown into the wish list.  I would ask myself why not J'Den Cox who just left his shoes on the mat?  And as a more under the radar option, maybe someone like Jordan Wood or even Greg Bulsak.

• Bob 1

53 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Given the makeup of their current coaching staff, the Scarlett Knight fans over on their team forum seem to emphasize that the new candidate should meet a couple requirements:

1) It should be someone who has personally experienced division one wrestling excellence as a wrestler (not just as a coach)

2) It should be someone ideally who is an upper weight

Given those asks, I've seen the name Kollin Moore thrown into the wish list.  I would ask myself why not J'Den Cox who just left his shoes on the mat?  And as a more under the radar option, maybe someone like Jordan Wood or even Greg Bulsak.

Didn’t Cox just take a job with USA wrestling?