Bo Bassett Narrows His College List..........From 80 to 73

1 minute ago, WrestlingRash said:

Bassett just got teched at worlds. Going for bronze. Signs of a bust starting to show now? Not wrestling at Fargo this year was a little weird as well. 

Yeah he's definitely a bust. Him beating Ashnault as a 17 year old is the cherry on top of his bust cake. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

The crowd saying bassett should get nothing but praise for his social media prowess should realize that his self imposed overexposure is naturally going to bring out ridiculous criticism.

I haven't heard anyone say he deserves praise.  He's a kid who is probably being strongly "guided" by his father.  The exercise is one that may demonstrate a lack of humility, which I can easily dismiss for a young man trying to find his way.  In the mean time, it provides a small level of entertainment while I doubt fans are taking it too seriously.  Coaches on the other hand, are probably very interested 

5 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I haven't heard anyone say he deserves praise. 

Yeah I guess I can't think of an unprovoked statement of unmitigated praise on the subject, I just know that you can't disapprove of it mildly enough to avoid 3 weirdos jumping down your throat.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

16 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Yeah I guess I can't think of an unprovoked statement of unmitigated praise on the subject, I just know that you can't disapprove of it mildly enough to avoid 3 weirdos jumping down your throat.

Could be people channeling their inner parent (me included), acting defensive about the perils of youth. Hopefully you didn't feel I jumped down your throat.   

11 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Could be people channeling their inner parent (me included), acting defensive about the perils of youth. Hopefully you didn't feel I jumped down your throat.   

No not at all. the sentence i isolated was the only sentiment in the post that I thought could use a little nuance.

• Bob 1

10 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

The guy makes me cringe...but I should cut him a little slack on this subject because i think its his profession it seems like he's good at it. His wrestling insights are pyles level unfortunately...but he still gets way better interviews than him.

• Bob 1
  • Jagger 1

On 9/6/2024 at 2:04 PM, WrestlingRash said:

Bassett just got teched at worlds. Going for bronze. Signs of a bust starting to show now? Not wrestling at Fargo this year was a little weird as well. 

he's 17 wrestling at u20 and lost one time and after one SINGLE loss you think hes a bust...after worlds....

jesus christ you guys are asinine. imagine actively routing for a kid to lose...🙄

On 9/9/2024 at 9:37 AM, TNwrestling said:

he's 17 wrestling at u20 and lost one time and after one SINGLE loss you think hes a bust...after worlds....

jesus christ you guys are asinine. imagine actively routing for a kid to lose...🙄

Your description of WRash's take as asinine is generous.  Bo just won a Bronze medal as a 1st year U20 wrestler where he looked awesome in all his matches excepting the Semi loss.  He has beaten highly accomplished D1 wrestlers as well as other super elite High School kids.  Anyone talking about him being a bust is just a dick.

• Brain 1
  • Fire 1

On 9/9/2024 at 6:37 AM, TNwrestling said:

I didn't say I was cheering against him, calm down uncle bassett. I just said that after skipping fargo and getting teched at worlds, he might not be as good as advertised. We shall see. Lots of kids can't transition to the next level. it happens. 

• Brain 1

23 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

I didn't say I was cheering against him, calm down uncle bassett. I just said that after skipping fargo and getting teched at worlds, he might not be as good as advertised. We shall see. Lots of kids can't transition to the next level. it happens. 

Congratulations on the dumbest thing said on this forum today...

1 hour ago, WrestlingRash said:

Yianni, Spencer Lee, Vito (I think) and a host of others never wrestled at Fargo and chose to just focus on "making teams."

56 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

uncle bassett, calm down. you are getting your panties in a bunch over a kid. that is weird. 

says the guy who called a 17 year old kid who just medaled at u20 worlds a "bust".

Also, idk why you keep calling me uncle bassett. context clues of my handle would tell you im from tennessee...are the bassetts from tennessee? negative..

17 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

says the guy who called a 17 year old kid who just medaled at u20 worlds a "bust".

Also, idk why you keep calling me uncle bassett. context clues of my handle would tell you im from tennessee...are the bassetts from tennessee? negative..

potential bust. not a bust yet. stop being dishonest! 

10 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

potential bust. not a bust yet. stop being dishonest! 

"Signs of a bust starting to show now" were your exact words. at no point did you say potential. 

just do us all a favor...become a fan of basketball and go away