Bo Bassett Narrows His College List..........From 80 to 73

47 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

Political, not really. Factual, absolutely. Would you be comfortable with your child attending college in one of these cities? 

Can you tell us in what city Barron Trump (you know, Donald's son) just started college?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, WrestlingRash said:

Political, not really. Factual, absolutely. Would you be comfortable with your child attending college in one of these cities? 

wahhhh im scawwed of the big bad democwat because i read a meme on facebook that says they dwink baby blood

Edited by TNwrestling

52 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Can you tell us in what city Barron Trump (you know, Donald's son) just started college?  Thanks.

no clue, because I'm not a politically obsessed weirdo. I live in the real world, not on twitter. Try it sometime. As the kids say, touch grass. 

• Bob 1

40 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

wahhhh im scawwed of the big bad democwat because i read a meme on facebook that says they dwink baby blood

No, I am just aware of how dangerous these cities are because I have the internet and can look up crime rates. Try it sometime, uncle bassett. 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

No, I am just aware of how dangerous these cities are because I have the internet and can look up crime rates. Try it sometime, uncle bassett. 

You mean to tell me that murder rates are higher in cities where there's more people???

Gasp GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

18 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

You mean to tell me that murder rates are higher in cities where there's more people???

Gasp GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

you clearly don't understand how murder rates are calculated. I hoped you were joking, but you seem to be serious. 

The murder rate is calculated by dividing the number of murders by the population of a jurisdiction and multiplying the result by 100,000. The result is then expressed as the number of murders per 100,000 people.  

Murder rates are often used to compare states and countries, as they can be more useful than the absolute number of murders committed.  

Crime rates are calculated based on the number of crimes per 100,000 people.

More people doesn't mean a higher murder rate. You are out of it. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

you clearly don't understand how murder rates are calculated. I hoped you were joking, but you seem to be serious. 

The murder rate is calculated by dividing the number of murders by the population of a jurisdiction and multiplying the result by 100,000. The result is then expressed as the number of murders per 100,000 people.  

Murder rates are often used to compare states and countries, as they can be more useful than the absolute number of murders committed.  

Crime rates are calculated based on the number of crimes per 100,000 people.

More people doesn't mean a higher murder rate. You are out of it. 

I did a cursory search across multiple sources using different census data and I see cities from Missouri, Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee, and Ohio ranking near the very top across multiple different crime categories, including rape, murder, and nonnegligent manslaughter. 

I'm not trying to swirl this topic down the political toilet. I just think that the truth is often more complicated (and perplexing) than we try to make it seem.

Just now, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I did a cursory search across multiple sources using different census data and I see cities from Missouri, Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee, and Ohio ranking near the very top across multiple different crime categories, including rape, murder, and nonnegligent manslaughter. 

I'm not trying to swirl this topic down the political toilet. I just think that the truth is often more complicated (and perplexing) than we try to make it seem.

San Franfreako, Detroit, Philly (cities I mentioned) are all in the top 20. Don't try to sugarcoat the fact that our big cities are dangerous shitholes, on average. 

The other cities on the list are also major leftie controlled metropolitan areas. https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/11/04/democrat-run-cities-counties-have-a-murder-problem-report-shows/

I wouldn't suggest sending a student athlete to any of the cities on that list. Would you? 

15 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

San Franfreako, Detroit, Philly (cities I mentioned) are all in the top 20. Don't try to sugarcoat the fact that our big cities are dangerous shitholes, on average. 

The other cities on the list are also major leftie controlled metropolitan areas. https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/11/04/democrat-run-cities-counties-have-a-murder-problem-report-shows/

I wouldn't suggest sending a student athlete to any of the cities on that list. Would you? 

That "article" doesn't contain any real data. It cites a source that doesn't exist. I see that you are not actually a serious person. Thank you for the entertainment.

10 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

That "article" doesn't contain any real data. It cites a source that doesn't exist. I see that you are not actually a serious person. Thank you for the entertainment.

you can find the data. its really not hard. try again. 

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, WrestlingRash said:

no clue, because I'm not a politically obsessed weirdo. I live in the real world, not on twitter. Try it sometime. As the kids say, touch grass. 

For someone who claims to not be politically obsessed, you were certainly quick to  turn this thread political.

As for the "real world," I'm retired and ride my bike outdoors six or seven days per week, from 20 to 100 miles at a time. 

You should change your info sources, as you are seriously misinformed.

Oh, Barron Trump is now attending NYU (that's New York University).  So Trump, despite his BS about crime-ridden cities (which you seem to have bought hook, line, and sinker), feels okay about that city.  If you had a child that was accepted at a school in Boston (say, Harvard), or Philly (say, Penn), or Chicago (say, Univ. of Chicago), or the Bay Area (say, Stanford), or Houston (say, Rice), or any number of other "blue" cities, you'd be an idiot to not be thrilled for your kid to attend.

(By the way, NYC's homicide rate is 4.8/100,000; Florida is 7.2/100,000, for example.  NYC's homicide rate is lower than all but a handful of *states*, and far lower than most of the "red" states.  As of 2022:  https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/homicide_mortality/homicide.htm)

13 hours ago, MNRodent said:

Just dropped in to see if Bo picked his college yet.  Carry on.

1 hour ago, HungusMungus said:

so Bo isn't going to Madison......clearly shows Bono's inability to recruit......😬

Also believe he is going to eliminate ONE school per week now moving forward. 

On 9/4/2024 at 9:49 AM, HungusMungus said:

American 

North Carolina 

Wisconsin (Fire Bono) 

have been given the boot! 

How many are left?  UNC is mildly surprising given there was surely some connection with Koll recruiting the Gibsons

43 minutes ago, WrestlingRash said:

Given that Bassett is a social media junkie, what are the odds that he is posting in this thread?

Not zero, but low. I can't see this site, with its handful of daily visitors, scratching a high school kid's social media itch.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Not zero, but low. I can't see this site, with its handful of daily visitors, scratching a high school kid's social media itch.

There's no way high schoolers are coming onto this site frequently, id say the same for collegians also.