President Biden says Fox's John Roberts lied when he said Biden was not the first to lower insulin costs.

https://jonathanturley.org/2024/06/04/a-blatant-lie-the-biden-campaign-falsely-accuses-foxs-john-roberts-of-lying-about-the-insulin-caps/#more-219675

Yesterday, the Biden campaign launched the attack on Roberts for his questioning of the claim of President Joe Biden that he solely secured the insulin cap. Roberts remarked that he had a recollection that it was former President Donald Trump who pushed the cap.

“I seem to remember that back in May of 2020, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid said that President Trump had signed an executive order to cap the price of insulin for Medicare recipients at 35 bucks. Now, maybe I’m misremembering that, but I think it kind of already happened.”

The Biden campaign then called it “a blatant lie” in a posting on X that has reached over a million people.

Contrary to the Biden campaign’s claims, Roberts’s recollection was entirely correct. Under the Trump Administration, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services announced in May 2020 that the Part D Senior Savings Model participating plans would cap insulin copays to $35 per month’s supply, and over 1,750 Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D plans applied to offer lower insulin costs.

Trump praised the new policy, which was widely covered by the press.

There was a Rose Garden event where Trump was praised for his actions:

Trump later, in July 2020, signed four executive orders aimed at lowering the cost of insulin. That included Executive Order 13937, which required Federally Qualified Health Centers to pass 340B discounts on to patients. Notably, Biden later reversed Executive Order 13937 before those cost-saving measures could take effect.

This is obviously not the first false statement from the President. However, it is notable that his campaign spread obvious disinformation that was picked up by over a million people but then declined to take down the false claim. The campaign is now in a worse position. To take down the posting is to acknowledge not just that it has lied about Roberts, but that the President lied in taking sole credit for this cap.

This is the same administration supporting the banning, blacklisting, and throttling of those responsible for disinformation. I would not support such censorship of the campaign. This and other columns refuting the false account is sufficient to combat a “blatant lie” by the Biden campaign. Whether it is his uncle being eaten by cannibals or insulin caps, free speech can correct false claims without government regulation. However, President Biden and his administration continue to push for censorship of others accused for false or misleading statements.

The fact that John Roberts was right is hardly surprising. However, there remains a “blatant lie” on the Biden campaign’s social media that must still be corrected.

Even Snopes says this is true.   Biden stopped Trump's EO lowering insulin and epipen costs.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-insulin-epipen/

Search on "trump the first to cap insulin costs" and a range of articles come up that show this is true.   Blatant lies from Biden and/or his team.   

mspart

• Bob 1

Trump has lied plenty of times.   It's what politicians do.  But to so blatantly lie when there is ample evidence of the lie is stupid beyond belief.

mspart

• Bob 2

Just now, mspart said:

Trump has lied plenty of times.   It's what politicians do.  But to so blatantly lie when there is ample evidence of the lie is stupid beyond belief.

mspart

Like right now how Trump is going around saying he never said lock her up? 

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

https://jonathanturley.org/2024/06/04/a-blatant-lie-the-biden-campaign-falsely-accuses-foxs-john-roberts-of-lying-about-the-insulin-caps/#more-219675

Yesterday, the Biden campaign launched the attack on Roberts for his questioning of the claim of President Joe Biden that he solely secured the insulin cap. Roberts remarked that he had a recollection that it was former President Donald Trump who pushed the cap.

“I seem to remember that back in May of 2020, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid said that President Trump had signed an executive order to cap the price of insulin for Medicare recipients at 35 bucks. Now, maybe I’m misremembering that, but I think it kind of already happened.”

The Biden campaign then called it “a blatant lie” in a posting on X that has reached over a million people.

Contrary to the Biden campaign’s claims, Roberts’s recollection was entirely correct. Under the Trump Administration, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services announced in May 2020 that the Part D Senior Savings Model participating plans would cap insulin copays to $35 per month’s supply, and over 1,750 Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D plans applied to offer lower insulin costs.

Trump praised the new policy, which was widely covered by the press.

There was a Rose Garden event where Trump was praised for his actions:

Trump later, in July 2020, signed four executive orders aimed at lowering the cost of insulin. That included Executive Order 13937, which required Federally Qualified Health Centers to pass 340B discounts on to patients. Notably, Biden later reversed Executive Order 13937 before those cost-saving measures could take effect.

This is obviously not the first false statement from the President. However, it is notable that his campaign spread obvious disinformation that was picked up by over a million people but then declined to take down the false claim. The campaign is now in a worse position. To take down the posting is to acknowledge not just that it has lied about Roberts, but that the President lied in taking sole credit for this cap.

This is the same administration supporting the banning, blacklisting, and throttling of those responsible for disinformation. I would not support such censorship of the campaign. This and other columns refuting the false account is sufficient to combat a “blatant lie” by the Biden campaign. Whether it is his uncle being eaten by cannibals or insulin caps, free speech can correct false claims without government regulation. However, President Biden and his administration continue to push for censorship of others accused for false or misleading statements.

The fact that John Roberts was right is hardly surprising. However, there remains a “blatant lie” on the Biden campaign’s social media that must still be corrected.

Even Snopes says this is true.   Biden stopped Trump's EO lowering insulin and epipen costs.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-insulin-epipen/

Search on "trump the first to cap insulin costs" and a range of articles come up that show this is true.   Blatant lies from Biden and/or his team.   

mspart

Biden has been bragging about this for a long, long time along with his surrogates. But itis a massive lie.

1 minute ago, ionel said:

The TDS is Strong With this One:

Screenshot_20240530-181448_Chrome.jpg

TDS is me admitting that Biden sucks and lies? Mspart made a whole post about Biden lying but would never make a post about trump lying. BDS

2 minutes ago, braves121 said:

TDS is me admitting that Biden sucks and lies? Mspart made a whole post about Biden lying but would never make a post about trump lying. BDS

Isn't it your job to do a rebuttal?

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Did Trump and his press folks lie today? 

He was referring to current news.

1 minute ago, ionel said:

He made a step in the right direction today by not lying while answering questions following his briefing today.  🙄

So are you saying he said nothing. I missed the briefing.

16 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Is it too much to ask for at least one candidate who isn’t a pathological liar?

It would be nice if that were possible.   Maybe in 2028.   Doesn't look possible for 2024. 

mspart

15 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

So are you saying he said nothing. I missed the briefing.

Exactly, he stood there for a minute or two while the press was shouting questions, looked both ways then wondered off to the right.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

Trump literally said in an interview 2 days ago that he never said lock her up. that is current news

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2024/06/trump-most-audacious-lie/678583/

I quit reading at the first paragraph.  30,000 lies, thats 1 every hour for 4 years.  No one is even listening to what he says every hour of every day much less have time to fact check it.  And how did it come out to a nice round 30k if they were counting every one?  

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Exactly, he stood there for a minute or two while the press was shouting questions, looked both ways then wondered off to the right.  

I think they finally installed the talk Shock collar on him. If he talks when they don't want him to, they blast him. It seems to be working.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I think they finally installed the talk Shock collar on him. If he talks when they don't want him to, they blast him. It seems to be working.

He was looking around like someone trying to figure out who was holding the button.  

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine if more people were actually offended by the idea of either one of these two corrupt pieces of shit being in charge for the next four years, instead of only being offended by the one their screens tell them to be offended by.  

‘We the people’ might actually take a step toward exercising the power we actually have. 

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Imagine if more people were actually offended by the idea of either one of these two corrupt pieces of shit being in charge for the next four years, instead of only being offended by the one their screens tell them to be offended by.  

‘We the people’ might actually take a step toward exercising the power we actually have. 

Who would be your picks in 2028. It looks like after this election we could have a choice.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Plenty of folks are offended by both and there are good candidates in both parties.  By not having term limits everything is controlled by the old long timers.  The system ain't working the way it was designed, govt got too big and too much power controlled by those who have been there longest.  Look what happened to Bernie and Tulsi.  

Of course if we could each find our own secluded wood shack with a fire pit and endless supply of fresh meat & Red Stripe then we wouldn't have to worry about this crap.  🙂

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

Plenty of folks are offended by both and there are good candidates in both parties.  By not having term limits everything is controlled by the old long timers.  The system ain't working the way it was designed, govt got too big and too much power controlled by those who have been there longest.  Look what happened to Bernie and Tulsi.  

Of course if we could each find our own secluded wood shack with a fire pit and endless supply of fresh meat & Red Stripe then we wouldn't have to worry about this crap.  🙂

We do have term limits…..WE THE PEOPLE.  We don’t exercise them because going against the grain and standing up is tough. Blaming is easy. Just look at this non wrestling topics board.  Blaming is very easy. 

11 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Who would be your picks in 2028. It looks like after this election we could have a choice.

I think the wiser thing would be to wait until it’s much much closer to November ‘28 to decide, and not pay attention to who ‘they’ tell you you should like and hate. I’d also look closer at your local elections in 24-25-26, etc etc etc.    It’s about so much more than who your media tells you should and shouldn’t be president.