RBY GOFUNDME

On 5/22/2024 at 5:50 AM, nhs67 said:

People are either ignorant, xenophobic, or a toxic combination of both.  Add it that keyboards don't typically fight back and a lot of folks get courageous.

Didn’t get an answer on the 50/50 thing. 

if they are not financially supporting rby’s family as well as cklv supports their migrant worker athletes……….   Do you find that xenophobic?   Is it possible cklv will have a leg up on recruiting these types of athletes?

• Clown 1

10 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Didn’t get an answer on the 50/50 thing. 

if they are not financially supporting rby’s family as well as cklv supports their migrant worker athletes……….   Do you find that xenophobic?   Is it possible cklv will have a leg up on recruiting these types of athletes?

What?

CKWC clearly worded their fundraising to deter any of that manner of toxicity.

"4 Olympic Athletes" with no mention of who.

Don't know and don't care if or how NLWC is supporting RBY's Olympic dreams.

This great sport we love deserves better people around it than those that would not only advocate against supporting RBY but advocate against others also supporting RBY.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, ionel said:

🤔 ... maybe we don't need the country thing?

Oh that would be badass.

Have qualifying events and allow anyone to actually go.

Even a 3 athlete cap would be better.  USAW will only send up to three to international events anyways, right?

How many athletes are allowed per country per event in track or swimming?

Phelps was allowed how many events?  8?

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

How many athletes are allowed per country per event in ... swimming?

No one understands swimming.  Even knownothing's "knowledge" of the sport can be questioned.  George Carlin would say: get out of the tub and go take a shower!

Edited by ionel
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

What?

CKWC clearly worded their fundraising to deter any of that manner of toxicity.

"4 Olympic Athletes" with no mention of who.

Don't know and don't care if or how NLWC is supporting RBY's Olympic dreams.

This great sport we love deserves better people around it than those that would not only advocate against supporting RBY but advocate against others also supporting RBY.

I don’t know what wording or what manner of toxicity you are referring to.  I was just wondering why cklv supports their migrant worker athletes better than nlwc.   

also I didn’t make up that title in reference to oly athletes competing for other countries.  I found it in a New York Times article from 2008….   

• Clown 1

1 hour ago, Caveira said:

I don’t know what wording or what manner of toxicity you are referring to.  I was just wondering why cklv supports their migrant worker athletes better than nlwc.   

also I didn’t make up that title in reference to oly athletes competing for other countries.  I found it in a New York Times article from 2008….   

You're intentionally being a disrespectful dick by calling them 'migrant worker athletes' and you know it.

Stop.

• Fire 2

Did any of you people ever watch the RBY video?  He came from a depressed area with a working class upbringing. Do you know his financial situation or that of his family?      Do you know what he got from NIL?   Somebody post his financials,  then you can bitch.    if you disagree or feel he could cover it. don't contribute.   

• Bob 1
  • Fire 3

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You're intentionally being a disrespectful dick by calling them 'migrant worker athletes' and you know it.

Stop.

This is a New York Times article.    There are some comments where USA athletes are not happy about what’s going on.     You can’t be a dik quoting the nyt… it’s the woke bible   

also.   Don’t be pissed the cklv team helps their folks more?  That’s on y’all psu folks…. If nlwc does not want to support their folks   You sure can   

IMG_5687.png

Edited by Caveira
  • Clown 1

27 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Did any of you people ever watch the RBY video?  He came from a depressed area with a working class upbringing. Do you know his financial situation or that of his family?      Do you know what he got from NIL?   Somebody post his financials,  then you can bitch.    if you disagree or feel he could cover it. don't contribute.   

He completely skipped 8th grade once to play vids to get a leg up on his competition.  He had it rough back then.   I know a lot of kids that could just be so good…. That he skipped 8th grade.  

I grew up poor too.   

• Clown 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Caveira said:

He completely skipped 8th grade once to play vids to get a leg up on his competition.  He had it rough back then.   I know a lot of kids that could just be so good…. That he skipped 8th grade.  

I grew up poor too.   

I imagine you have a point in there somewhere?  Right?  Perhaps you should redo 8th grade.

Edited by Threadkilla
moron grammar police
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

I imagine you have a point in there somewhere?  Right?  Perhaps you should redo 8th grade.

My point was …..   no surprise here 

He completely skipped 8th grade once to play vids to get a leg up on his competition.  He had it rough back then.   I know a lot of kids that could just be so good…. That he skipped 8th grade.  

• Clown 1

2 minutes ago, Caveira said:

He completely skipped 8th grade once to play vids to get a leg up on his competition.  He had it rough back then.   I know a lot of kids that could just be so good…. That he skipped 8th grade.  

Again.  your point?  What does the 8th grade have to do with getting his family to the Olympics?

8 hours ago, Caveira said:

This is a New York Times article.    There are some comments where USA athletes are not happy about what’s going on.     You can’t be a dik quoting the nyt… it’s the woke bible   

also.   Don’t be pissed the cklv team helps their folks more?  That’s on y’all psu folks…. If nlwc does not want to support their folks   You sure can   

IMG_5687.png

You are missing a lot there.  For one, I am a Michigan alumni.  Secondly, you are legitimately making shit up at this point.

You're being a grimy bitch.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Threadkilla said:
13 hours ago, Caveira said:

I think I get where you’re coming from.

This practice of begging on the internet for money to pay for stuff like this is mind boggling to me and others I know, who also grew up just scraping by. 

Tacky, at best

Edited by Fred

17 hours ago, Caveira said:

Migrant worker athletes? You’re a f€kin idiot

3 hours ago, Caveira said:

Right here in the New York Times 

I will bite.

RBY isn't a Migrant Worker.  He was born in the US and gained dual citizenship, which USA as his first.

Having dual citizenship allows someone to not only flow freely between both countries, but to also take advantage of being full citizens of both countries.

You are being blatantly xenophobic and trying to stir the pot.  Luckily there isn't anyone here as pathetic as you to actually agree with your mentality.

• Fire 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I will bite.

RBY isn't a Migrant Worker.  He was born in the US and gained dual citizenship, which USA as his first.

Having dual citizenship allows someone to not only flow freely between both countries, but to also take advantage of being full citizens of both countries.

You are being blatantly xenophobic and trying to stir the pot.  Luckily there isn't anyone here as pathetic as you to actually agree with your mentality.

Aaaah.  Subtle.  He is a migrant laborer for Mexico now according to that article.    I can re-link if you want.  

I also found some articles where Mexican Olympian’s are complaining about the recruiting of American athletes to come take spots on the Mexican Olympic team.  For example something like 15 or 17 softball players on their team are American.   This coach is on record calling the process immoral ….. I guess they hold try outs in LA and other places and actively recruit folks who are not clear #1s here to rep other countries.  

For some people it isn’t as cut and dry my friend.  

As far as xenophobia ha.  What about those Mexican athletes training their whole life for softball soccer baseball wrestling etc….. using American $$$ facilities and trailing to come take their spots.  Y’all be crazy sometimes.  

Edited by Caveira

On 5/20/2024 at 8:22 AM, nhs67 said:

The entire tone of your responses was different up until this one.

If this is truly how you feel, then I am with you.  As I said in my responses, I would also root for RWB first. 

That said, deciding to withhold and, more importantly, advocating for people to not offer potential support to a person who is a dual citizen (in this case it means both Mexico and the United States) is shitty and petty - best case.  He is still a citizen of the United States as well as Mexico.

Your initial response to me was "Not anymore.  Bye Felicia" so the name calling started with you.

LOL...no kidding! Had he simply said that he wanted Lee to win and he'd root for RBY for Silver...it's not a thread. It's over. NOBODY would argue with that(well, RBY's family may...but generally speaking). 

I guess you offered a suggestion and he took it!

On 5/20/2024 at 9:10 AM, Crotalus said:

I don't care about the country stuff. But I have a general distaste for gofundmes. I don't know RBY's family's financial situation, but wasn't he bragging about a big NIL deal a few years ago? Is he out of money, or is this just a good opportunity to take advantage of people's generous nature?

I don't particularly care as long as people are up front about it.

This one is...pretty straight forward.

I know a guy who set up one because he was running a business...it was TOO successful, he needed to grow and he wanted to rent out a warehouse but he didn't want to take on the debt. That one...annoyed me. But I also just didn't donate(and he was also upfront...which is how I know about it).

My Cousins Wife had one when he died and left his 6-month-old...and being 33, he had no life insurance(actually...he was trying to get life insurance, they found the cancer and he was gone ~12 months later). 

There's a wiiide range, but there are certain things I think are worthy of donations. Others less so. 

I'd like to start one with the goal of helping me realize my dream of having more money. My Mother is very sick...Give Me Money GIF

As a general rule, I don't donate to anybody's gofundme unless I know them personally.  Even then, it would only be for something like a medical emergency, death, etc.  

I couldn't care less that RBY's family can't afford to make the trip to Paris, nor do I care that he is representing Mexico.  The whole gofundme to pay for somebody's family to take a once in a lifetime vacation to Paris seems a bit annoying.  One would think a 2 time NCAA champ would have some connections in State College and/or Arizona to garner some sponsorships to help his family make the trip.  Or they can stay home and watch on TV like thousands of other athlete's families.

On 5/25/2024 at 8:10 PM, nhs67 said:

Oh that would be badass.

Have qualifying events and allow anyone to actually go.

Even a 3 athlete cap would be better.  USAW will only send up to three to international events anyways, right?

How many athletes are allowed per country per event in track or swimming?

Sending 3 guys would be awesome for us however having to deal with 3 russian + the 3 more that rep belarus + the 6 others that will transfer somewhere would be a nightmare.

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

Sending 3 guys would be awesome for us however having to deal with 3 russian + the 3 more that rep belarus + the 6 others that will transfer somewhere would be a nightmare.

You have seen the division having gents represent other countries seems to bring here even to these forums.  It seems worse on Twatter whenever it comes up there.

When it comes to the Russos, when it is anywhere aside for Belarus (who is basically Russia's Puerto Rico at this point - or maybe Puerto Rico is our Belarus?), they make it seem like our squabbling is like two chipmunks jawing about a grub.  Physical violence is often threatened.

• Bob 1