And just like that Joe Biden wants to debate. Getting desperate and it is only May!!!!

Neither President is going to be better for us than the other, they’ll just be disastrous in their own different ways. 

For whomever does decide to vote between these two, it is the ultimate play in the ‘lesser’ of two evils. 

• Bob 1

23 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

did you notice all the requirements he set 

he doesn't want to debate

it's bait and switch on the border all over again

so he can say... see trump is afraid to debate me

You are 100 percent correct. I would rather see them wrestle 3 one-minute periods. 

• Wrestle 1

31 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Neither President is going to be better for us than the other, they’ll just be disastrous in their own different ways. 

For whomever does decide to vote between these two, it is the ultimate play in the ‘lesser’ of two evils. 

No. 1  .I would really like to get out of these 2 proxy wars. ( Ukraine and Gaza,Hamas) . No.2. Prevent China from starting a war with Taiwan. ( Right now, we are seen as very weak by our adversaries). No.3. Get the border under control. No.4. Unravel some of Biden's executive orders concerning our energy resources. Getting gas down around 2 dollars would give an immediate boost to our economy and to consumer confidence. I only see one candidate that would even consider these concerns. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, mspart said:

What?   He hasn't debated since?   Neither have you?   What? 

mspart

Do not apply common sense to his statements. It's just like the Emperor's New Clothes, only the elite can understand him.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

23 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

No. 1  .I would really like to get out of these 2 proxy wars. ( Ukraine and Gaza,Hamas) . No.2. Prevent China from starting a war with Taiwan. ( Right now, we are seen as very weak by our adversaries). No.3. Get the border under control. No.4. Unravel some of Biden's executive orders concerning our energy resources. Getting gas down around 2 dollars would give an immediate boost to our economy and to consumer confidence. I only see one candidate that would even consider these concerns. 

There’s a whole lot I’d like to see. There’s a whole lot I don’t have any confidence whatsoever in either one of these two accomplishing.  Neither one of them can carry a complete, logical thought.  How the hell anyone can think either one of these mush brains can run a country and put forward a vote for them is beyond me.  

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Think you nailed it in the first sentence, not "lesser" just "different evils."

57 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

There’s a whole lot I’d like to see. There’s a whole lot I don’t have any confidence whatsoever in either one of these two accomplishing.  Neither one of them can carry a complete, logical thought.  How the hell anyone can think either one of these mush brains can run a country and put forward a vote for them is beyond me.  

The biggest problem with Joe is his health, among other things. I doubt he can go more than one year before his health issues force him to step down. Then you get Kamala. God help us. If you thought Joe was a mush brain, what do you think of Kamala? You will have Kamala for 3 years.

9 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

The biggest problem with Joe is his health, among other things. I doubt he can go more than one year before his health issues force him to step down. Then you get Kamala. God help us. If you thought Joe was a mush brain, what do you think of Kamala? You will have Kamala for 3 years.

Is Joe the only Presidential nominee with serious health and cognitive issues?

10 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

On the other hand, you have Trump.   I think his 4 years treated us well except for all the vitriol that was pushed his way and all of the foot in mouth moments that Trump self inflicted upon himself.  

So Trump's years were tumultuous from a news vision, but the years were calm as far as how his policies affected the economy and electorate.   Keep in mind that Trump, that racist, was the first president to provide multi year funding to historic black colleges.   They had to come to the president every year before that.   He stopped that because it was not an effective use of time.  That was one policy that made sense to me.   I'm not sure I can think of a policy that was bad for the country.  So that's what Trump brings - Good policy bad optics. 

This is preferable to bad policy and not good optics in my opinion.   But just to be clear, I was hoping DeSantis would be the GOP pick.   But that is not to be. 

mspart

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

On the other hand, you have Trump.   I think his 4 years treated us well except for all the vitriol that was pushed his way and all of the foot in mouth moments that Trump self inflicted upon himself.  

So Trump's years were tumultuous from a news vision, but the years were calm as far as how his policies affected the economy and electorate.   Keep in mind that Trump, that racist, was the first president to provide multi year funding to historic black colleges.   They had to come to the president every year before that.   He stopped that because it was not an effective use of time.  That was one policy that made sense to me.   I'm not sure I can think of a policy that was bad for the country.  So that's what Trump brings - Good policy bad optics. 

This is preferable to bad policy and not good optics in my opinion.   But just to be clear, I was hoping DeSantis would be the GOP pick.   But that is not to be. 

mspart

He also made an attempt to drain the swamp. He could have used a much larger fleet of bulldozers. 

• Brain 1

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

What are the Trump policies that you would define as ‘evil?’

11 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

yes.

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

What are the Trump policies that you would define as ‘evil?’

I’m not talking about the things that he (tries to) say in front of a microphone, or have his minions spew what he wrote for them in front of the microphone, knowing a certain type of people will flock to wherever the herd.  

1 minute ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I’m not talking about the things that he (tries to) say in front of a microphone, or have his minions spew what he wrote for them in front of the microphone, knowing a certain type of people will flock to wherever the herd.  

That’s not really an answer to the question, is it?

• Bob 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

That’s not really an answer to the question, is it?

That question got boring a long time ago, and is nothing more than a play on the actual work of Matt Pottinger, to try to hide who and what he (DT) is. Because, like I said, they know a certain kind of people will continue to flock to wherever the herd. 

So you are correct. I didnt answer the question about blah blah blah. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta

Polling is interesting.   https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/politics/2024/05/13/new-york-times-presidential-poll-donald-trump-joe-biden-battleground-states

In a head-to-head matchup, Trump leads Biden by 12 percentage points among registered voters in Arizona, by 10 points in Georgia, by 7 points in both Michigan and Arizona, and by 3 points in Pennsylvania. Biden leads Trump in Wisconsin by 2 points.

Biden is faring better among likely voters but still trails Trump in five of the six states. Biden leads only in Michigan by 1 percentage point while trailing narrowly in Wisconsin (1 point) and Pennsylvania (3 points). Trump leads among likely voters in Nevada by 13 points, by 9 points in Georgia, and by 6 points in Arizona.

This is quite interesting because Biden won all of these in 2020.  

So Biden has not done well to keep those that voted for him before.   Bad policies and results are the reason for this. 

mspart

Maybe today the calendar to Trumps imprisonment was determined, making it safe for Biden to get bold about debates.

It might have been funny if one of the debate restrictions was no debates from behind prison walls.

Posted (edited)

I have read where Bragg has failed to prove or even address the crimes he alleges Trump did.   And the prosecution is resting after putting up  Michael Cohen.   So the prosecution has not proven their case.   Yes, they made Trump look bad, but did not prove the allegations made against him.   The case is not about making him look bad, it is about tying him to a specific crime which they have not done. 

https://www.newsweek.com/alvin-bragg-not-close-tying-trump-fraudulent-scheme-jonathan-turley-1899678

https://reason.com/2024/05/15/the-heart-of-alvin-braggs-case-against-trump-is-misdirection/

https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/4656591-i-see-dead-people-alvin-braggs-case-against-trump-goes-paranormal/

mspart

Edited by mspart