World OG qualifier brackets are out...

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

TF City... Lee!

D3

Lets not get too feisty, Darian Cruz has a win over that guy 🙂 lol. I think Lee got by his "scary" guy. Sarlak  lost as well, so with Kalzhan (who gets teched a lot when he loses)  being the only obstacle standing in his way, I've very confident Spency gets it done. Although..... not as confident as I was that he medals at the Olympics. He looks good against sub-par competition but I think he may lack the explosivity needed against those top guys. (I doubted MICIC as well but didnt we all) 
I think he is elite in skill but maybe just not body make-up. 

Edited by Spladle08
  • Bob 1
  • Wrestle 1

Just now, Cowboy08 said:

Is Zain officially eliminated from the olympics now?

Naw, he has a shot at coming through the backside assuming Ochir doesnt stumble on the front-side.... just have to let it all play out 

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Cowboy08 said:

Is Zain officially eliminated from the olympics now?

*However, Ochir does not have a cake-walk, to the finals, he basically has to wrestle 2 more Zains 

2 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

Lets not get too feisty, Darian Cruz has a win over that guy 🙂 lol. I think Lee got by his "scary" guy. Sarlak  lost as well, so with Kalzhan (who gets teched a lot when he loses)  being the only obstacle standing in his way, I've very confident Spency gets it done. Although..... not as confident as I was that he medals at the Olympics. He looks good against sub-par competition but I think he may lack the explosivity needed against those top guys. (I doubted MICIC as well but didnt we all) 
I think he is elite in skill but maybe just not body make-up. 

I think he's explosive enough. But I'm not sure he's got the freestyle-specific athletic defense or the insane hand-fighting necessary to defend the light-speed attacks he'll keep seeing. Micic does it with scrambling and stickiness. Gilman does it with killer, killer hand-fighting. Lee needs to spend all of his time on these skills before the Olympics.

• Brain 1
  • Wrestle 2

3 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

Naw, he has a shot at coming through the backside assuming Ochir doesnt stumble on the front-side.... just have to let it all play out 

Thanks, these olympic qualifications are way too confusing when people who follow it still have a hard time understanding it all.  I thought Zain had to make the finals to "qualify" the weight, didn't realize he can still wrestle back

Just now, Cowboy08 said:

Thanks, these olympic qualifications are way too confusing when people who follow it still have a hard time understanding it all.  I thought Zain had to make the finals to "qualify" the weight, didn't realize he can still wrestle back

Normal repechage but the 2 bronze from either side wrestle essentially a "True 3rd" match and that person qualifies 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Cowboy08 said:

They're taking 3 from each weight. Reaching the final is automatic. But if the Mongolian reaches the final, he'll be brought back in. But he would need to win 4 in a row tomorrow--two regular repechage, a traditional bronze match (usually they award two bronzes), then the bronze vs bronze special True 3rd wrestle-off.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Grecojones said:

Spencer needs to win 2 more to lock in the spot?

Just now, lu_alum said:

One more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he wins later in the semi-final, he's in. If he loses, he needs to win TWO tomorrow--a traditional bronze and the bronze vs. bronze True 3rd match.

• Bob 1

They're taking 3 from each weight. Reaching the final is automatic. But if the Mongolian reaches the final, he'll be brought back in. But he would need to win 4 in a row tomorrow--two regular repechage, a traditional bronze match (usually they award two bronzes), then the bronze vs bronze special True 3rd wrestle-off.

Ochir in the hole on Mat C.

Zain needs Ochir to win 2 in a row to unlock Zain's chance to compete for true third.

image.png

If unlocked for Zain, his path to third is work.  Zain can do it.

image.png

I need some Ochir vs Kudiev updates lol we on deck yet? I'm on pins and needles up in this piece

On deck. Prior bout at the break.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

I need some Ochir vs Kudiev updates lol we on deck yet? I'm on pins and needles up in this piece

spiny-norman-demotivational-poster-12100

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Zain needs Ochir to win 2 in a row to unlock Zain's chance to compete for true third.
image.png

If unlocked for Zain, his path to third is work.  Zain can do it.
image.png

Zain also has to make scratch weight again tomorrow.