OTT Finals Thread

I wonder if more (verbal) excitement could be generated for these extremely important Olympic trial bouts by having two commentators: one play by play and the other more color commentary.   One voice has no one to bounce off of or reply to or banter with or question, etc.

• Bob 1

17 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

I wonder if more (verbal) excitement could be generated for these extremely important Olympic trial bouts by having two commentators: one play by play and the other more color commentary.   One voice has no one to bounce off of or reply to or banter with or question, etc.

Doing that solo for that long would be nightmare fuel. They need 2 for the sake of the announcer. 

• Bob 1

5 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Doing that solo for that long would be nightmare fuel. They need 2 for the sake of the announcer. 

Yes, I've teaching as a full time faculty member at a university for years and one often gets extremely tired after a "performance" (long class), thinking on one's feet, responding to questions, and trying to provide some "edu-tainment" at times.    I go back into my office, pull the shades down, and sometimes don't answer the door afterwards.   

Having an interlocutor helps.

• Brain 1

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

My point is there is usually only a true second if the finals loser and the third place finisher didn't meet during the tournament.

May well be the signal...."I'm done."  JB has neeevvvveeeer missed weight.

2 hours ago, D3 for LU said:

Lee & Retherford will have to get it done to qualify 57 & 65 for Paris.

Pray hard...

D3

I think this was the ideal outcome though for Team USA. If I were picking one guy at 57 & 65 to qualify the weight, I think it would be Spencer and Zain. Only question I had with Zain was the cut, but he seemed to manage it well and has definitely improved his freestyle skills. 

• Bob 1

PNWfan

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

It's long been the rumor that Bo was not a fan of how Taylor's injury was handled, which may have prevented Nickal from a world team spot.  That said, I think Cael.has pretty definitively shown his loyalty (as far as on the mat) is almost totally results based.  Taylor may be about done, so golden boy status may be as well.  This is purely from a wrestling resources perspective. I'm sure interpersonally he still cares.

@nhs67 totally says that's bunk

i am an idiot on the internet

2 minutes ago, HarryConnickJr said:

We are about 83% done using the joke, it will have run its course soon

The original version of the joke has been going for 2024 years so this iteration can take all the time it wants

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Threadkilla said:

Your PSU hate is palpable.  

You have it all wrong.  I like many of the wrestlers, just not many of their fans... as seen with what they pulled with JB last night.  (In person and on multiple social media accounts)

THat being said, another poster referenced Brooks talking  the PSU staff 'doing Bo dirty' in the last OTT.  It only stands to reason, based on this, that Brooks may be a bit wary.

• Bob 1

21 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

You have it all wrong.  I like many of the wrestlers, just not many of their fans... as seen with what they pulled with JB last night.  (In person and on multiple social media accounts)

THat being said, another poster referenced Brooks talking  the PSU staff 'doing Bo dirty' in the last OTT.  It only stands to reason, based on this, that Brooks may be a bit wary.

No one is more well-versed on a Judas in the starting lineup than Aaron Brooks

• Haha 1

The bracket is showing Mesenbrink over Burroughs by NC for true second?  Why would there be a true 2nd where Burroughs already beat Mesenbrink? 

Burroughs didn’t weigh in today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, SocraTease said:

Yes, I've teaching as a full time faculty member at a university for years and one often gets extremely tired after a "performance" (long class), thinking on one's feet, responding to questions, and trying to provide some "edu-tainment" at times.    I go back into my office, pull the shades down, and sometimes don't answer the door afterwards.   

Having an interlocutor helps.

True-that, having to hold and maintain interest in a positive and educational fashion gets tiring.  School I worked at had 80 minute classes, sometimes 3 of them in a day, I barely knew left from right at the end of a day like that.

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

yet Bo has nothin but the highest praise for PSU and the coaches.  

1 minute ago, Powershouse said:

Wait a minute, I understood this was best of three, but announcers just suggested it is two matches cumulative points?

Don't worry about the announcers, they are...not aware of what they are actually talking about...

• Bob 3

Mirasola took down Brooks (twice I think).

Deiringer took down Brooks with 4-pointer.

Zahid took down Brooks (twice?)

Shouldn't Olympic and World Champion Taylor be able to do so a few times?

I guess we will find out soon.

• Bob 2