2024 OTT Day 1 Session 2 thread

22 minutes ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

Once again, you just call him an ass yet you dint explain what makes him an ass. Seems to me like he's not the ass, someone else is. What is this junk you speak of? His constant movement? How is that different from constant level changes? It's supposed to fluster hus opponents, and it looks like it's working becuase it certainly clusters you. You keep saying hes an ass yet you haven't once supported this statement with anything other than your personal feelings. 

As for Burroughs knocking my lights out, I certainly hope a world class athlete could knock my lights out. I'm much older than him and was never close to being an elite world level athlete. This statement shows some serious lack of maturity.

Go home Miss Bricks Sr. it's past your bedtime

• Bob 2

i am an idiot on the internet

I think Penn State fans are in the moment and in the moment are passionately behind their guy.  And their guy was often against JB this tourney.  Lots of fan emotions.

Penn State fans are rightly pointing that out.

Interestingly, I don’t think many of them saw it that way when they historically trashed Iowa fans for behaving the same way. (Get ready for the yells of ‘it isn’t the same!’)

6 hours ago, SocraTease said:

Olympic Trials Finals - Saturday, April 20

Men's Freestyle

57 kg: Spencer Lee vs Thomas Gilman

65 kg: Zain Retherford vs Nick Lee

74 kg: Kyle Dake vs Jason Nolf

86kg: David Taylor vs Aaron Brooks

97 kg: Kyle Snyder vs Isaac Trumble

125 kg: Mason Parris vs Hayden Zillmer

Women's Freestyle

50 kg: Sarah Hildebrandt vs Audrey Jimenez

53 kg: Dom Parrish vs Haley Augello

57 kg: Helen Maroulis vs Jacarra Winchester

62 kg: Kayla Miracle vs Macey Kilty

68 kg: Amit Elor vs Forrest Molinari

76 kg: Adeline Gray vs Kennedy Blades

Greco-Roman

60 kg: Ildar Hafizov vs Dalton Roberts

67 kg: Alejandro Sancho vs Ellis Coleman

77 kg: Kamal Bey vs Aliaksandr Kikinou

87 kg: Spencer Woods vs Payton Jacobson

97 kg: Alan Vera vs Josef Rau

130 kg: Cohlton Schultz vs Adam Coon

8 of 12 MFS is from NLWC?

8 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I missed the ref hitting that double leg on Burroughs.

How many calls in both of those matches were overturned because of challenge calls?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 hours ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

What a BS comment. Desanto legitimately has repeated temper tantrums, freak outs and tried to break miccics arm. Messenbrink genuinely is having fun when he wrestles. It's clearly not to your liking, but this comparison and comments from you are making you out to be the ass.

“Messenbrink genuinely is having fun when he wrestles” yeah, having fun by wrestling people light years after the whistle and risking injury, shoving people onto the ground after the whistle, erratically trying to shake hands with people during the middle of matches (you say it’s “good sportsmanship”, others would call it extremely annoying and performative), verbally talking to his opponents during matches, smacking people in the face with his “snaps”, smacking people in the butt randomly during matches (not appropriate…).  just because the kid gives nice interviews and wrestles hard doesn’t mean you should put blinders on to what he’s actually doing out there, “desanto-like” is a pretty good comparison.  he’s young and a nice guy, hopefully he’ll learn this stuff is not cool

all that said the jb back of the head shove was also over the top and not cool.  but understand his frustration

30 minutes ago, larry_bird_enthusiast said:

“Messenbrink genuinely is having fun when he wrestles” yeah, having fun by wrestling people light years after the whistle and risking injury, shoving people onto the ground after the whistle, erratically trying to shake hands with people during the middle of matches (you say it’s “good sportsmanship”, others would call it extremely annoying and performative), verbally talking to his opponents during matches, smacking people in the face with his “snaps”, smacking people in the butt randomly during matches (not appropriate…).  just because the kid gives nice interviews and wrestles hard doesn’t mean you should put blinders on to what he’s actually doing out there, “desanto-like” is a pretty good comparison.  he’s young and a nice guy, hopefully he’ll learn this stuff is not cool

all that said the jb back of the head shove was also over the top and not cool.  but understand his frustration

And? Desanto had moments where he was downright dirty. That was his mo. Big big difference, if you cant see that then there's something wrong with you.

You're grossly exaggerating.. and by the way, a light year is a distance, not a time frame.

Agree with everything you’ve stated. You forgot MM head butting JB when both were grounded at the out of bounds line.

MM built a good following during the season, but showed us the punk that he is during the NCAA final v Carr and yesterday v Burroughs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

And? Desanto had moments where he was downright dirty. That was his mo. Big big difference, if you cant see that then there's something wrong with you.

You're grossly exaggerating.. and by the way, a light year is a distance, not a time frame.

I measure things in sound years. Like, how far the whines and cries of the Jordan Burroughs fans travel in a year.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

oh got it, i understand your deal now.  10/10 trolling, you had me going there - i respect your hustle, keep fighting the good fight

19 minutes ago, larry_bird_enthusiast said:

oh got it, i understand your deal now.  10/10 trolling, you had me going there - i respect your hustle, keep fighting the good fight

Not trolling at all. You said Messenbrink and Desanto is comparable. Outside of their gastank theyre very different.