2024 OTT Day 1 Session 2 thread

9 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Marstellar sure moves a little more at 190 compared to when Uncle John made him go 157.

Well he’s no longer hooked on drugs so that helps

• Jagger 1

Just now, Pipewrench said:

***Please no 1000% Jesus interview***

If you watch individual mat feeds you may miss J'Den's interview but you also miss Brooks' interview. I say it's a wash. The Cox may only be on The Cock tonight but I can see what The Cox says anytime on youtube and lord knows I listen to my Cox on a daily basis

• Poopy 1

i am an idiot on the internet

Just now, wrestle87 said:

He really is...he's so good, he's just absolutely the wrong frame to find success at olympic weights.  

He has not found success at 79kg either. 

2 minutes ago, Gus said:

He needs to get on that San Marino team.

If he does that he'd definitely medal at worlds.

Edit: You're 100% correct.  He's world class, but that's pretty tough when there are multiple guys at 74, 79 and 86 who are even more world class...

Edited by wrestle87

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

But they won't have six? LOL

That JV wrestler hinted they were the favorite at all six weights?

Foolish because Kerk still isn’t confident on the world level ,this season was the first he truely believed he was best in Folk , another year or 2 maybe but idk why you take Basch so serious he’s obviously a homer 

Just now, oldschool said:

Nolf vs JB up next on mat 1. I think Nolf's closed the gap and this may be his time, but JB looks dialed in & focused, so imho a tossup. Def one of the matches I was most excited about coming in

Huge match. I wish they could both win.

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, Gus said:

Lost to Zahid / beat Zahid, lost to Dake / 2019 bumped to 86 for olympics / lost to JB at 79 / tore his ACL

That's just a bad beat. Only domestic losses were to the people above and Myles Martin his first year at 86 if memory serves. Tough break.

i am an idiot on the internet

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

Lost to Zahid / beat Zahid, lost to Dake / 2019 bumped to 86 for olympics / lost to JB at 79 / tore his ACL

That's just a bad beat. Only domestic losses were to the people above and Myles Martin his first year at 86 if memory serves. Tough break.

I don’t disagree. The USA is just very good. It’s not because there is not the right weight class for him. 

• Bob 1

Just now, Gus said:

I don’t disagree. The USA is just very good. It’s not because there is not the right weight class for him. 

Agree.  74 is the right weight class for him, domestic competition not withstanding.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

6 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Can someone refresh my memory:  Marstellar and Stefanowicz are related how?  Brothers?

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

brothers is what the announcer said, though I don't understand the specifics

Step-Brothers through mom. 

• Bob 1

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Foolish because Kerk still isn’t confident on the world level ,this season was the first he truely believed he was best in Folk , another year or 2 maybe but idk why you take Basch so serious he’s obviously a homer 

I don't take JV wrestlers serious.  Nor do I take a no-kneed heavyweight serious.