star bumps up

3 hours ago, dragit said:

It must be conceded that Downey is legit dangerous at freestyle (though not as dangerous as he is at life).

That being said, he is zero threat to win the trials. Putting aside the awesomeness of the competition, whose league he is not familiar with, I can't imagine his conditioning or match sharpness will allow him to be at his theoretical best.  

He won’t make weight if he shows up at all

10 hours ago, jross said:

I watched that match in Texas.  PD3 threw AB around and made short work of it.  PD3 was much bigger than AB at the time...

PD3 was reminding everyone of this fact on social media a couple days ago.  Apparently he was concerned that it had been forgotten thanks to hipster liberals who believe in Cancel Culture with help from flowrestling.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5tNVslsNFe/?igsh=MTlyZ2xoeW15d3RnOQ%3D%3D

Imagine PD3 actually shows up and wrestles?!?!  That would be a surprise.

Now — wait for it — imagine PD3 actually beats Carter!!!  Oh my … the amount of sh&t talking would be monumental.  Not sure this would be recoverable.  Every time Carter would attempt to talk trash, this loss would be thrown in his face.  

It won’t happen … but damn if it does.

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, BloodRound said:

I think Carter also needs a trainer for his trash talking.

he's a really boring villain. Kinda like Gilman was before he grew up.

Downey is dumb as hell but still sort of entertaining, thought I used to say the same thing about ferrari but eventually that got boring.

Edited by Hammerlock3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

52 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

he's a really boring villain.

he just can't commit to the bit.  Talks all that trash online, and then drops it all when the cameras are on him.  He's not much better than us common internet trolls.

2 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

Imagine PD3 actually shows up and wrestles?!?!  That would be a surprise.

Now — wait for it — imagine PD3 actually beats Carter!!!  Oh my … the amount of sh&t talking would be monumental.  Not sure this would be recoverable.  Every time Carter would attempt to talk trash, this loss would be thrown in his face.  

It won’t happen … but damn if it does.

I think PD3 shows up and wrestles.  It not like when he registered at 79kg for the WTT.  That was less believable than Starocci getting down to 74kg.

1 hour ago, BloodRound said:

he just can't commit to the bit.  Talks all that trash online, and then drops it all when the cameras are on him.  He's not much better than us common internet trolls.

yeah, not to aggrandize or undermine our status as internet trolls, but some of us at least get a laugh every now and then.

• Bob 1
  • Clown 1

2 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

he's a really boring villain. Kinda like Gilman was before he grew up.

Downey is dumb as hell but still sort of entertaining, thought I used to say the same thing about ferrari but eventually that got boring.

Gilman called Yianni a quitter for going to the hospital with a concussion I may pump the breaks on "grew up" certainly better than he was.

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

Gilman called Yianni a quitter for going to the hospital with a concussion I may pump the breaks on "grew up" certainly better than he was.

when did he do that?

26 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

when did he do that?

I would guess this was in reference to the Pan Am qualifier wrestle off with Nick Lee when he did not wrestle match 2 and took injury time in match 1, though I did not see Gilman's comments on the situation.  Below is Flo's reporting of the wrestle off.

"Diakomihalis slammed his head hard on the mat attempting to finish a double leg in the first period. Throughout the match, Diakomihalis looked visibly shaken up and even looked off balance making his way back to the center of the mat throughout the second period. Because of that head injury, Diakomihalis was forced to medically forfeit out of the second match of the best of 3 series. "

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

https://x.com/thomasgilmanusa/status/1753848013653418279

this was very shortly after the lee vs Yianni series ended

yeah thats gross. I could deal with him saying it about a knee injury or something, but concussion stuff is really scary once your already concussed...UNLESS you are wrestling Bo NIckal who is a neurotic mess when he wrestles someone who is hurt because he can't bear the idea of them getting hurt further.

Edited by Hammerlock3
  • Bob 2

On 4/15/2024 at 9:06 PM, wrestle87 said:

I would not be surprised to see 'ringer, Hall, and Marstellar call it a career at trials.  Hall hasn't really been that into it since his senior year of college, 'ringer is a 'tweener in the most brutal sense, same with marstellar.  They are both very good, but neither of them has the frame or the style to be consistently making teams and succeeding. 

Downey will probably be done after this, but he lives in his own world, and I don't think he would view a "shoes on the mat" exit as a reasonable thing to do.

He will team up with Ferrari & they will run on the mat and grab any shoes left by the retiring wrestlers?

• Haha 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

26 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

We’re in a very weird place when I don’t know if a comment is more appropriate for PD3 or J’den.

I think its obvious their is a character gap between the two, but both are pretty sketchy in terms of reliability.

Edited by Hammerlock3

5 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I think its obvious their is a character gap between the two, but both are pretty sketchy in terms of reliability.

Oh yeah...sorry I was not meaning to imply any similarity whatsoever in terms of personal character

• Bob 1

Major takeaways, sounds like hes coming back to college (maybe at 197) sounds like hes gonna wrestle for awhile talks about going 86 for the future makes me think Aaron will be going 92/97 moving forward

17 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Major takeaways, sounds like hes coming back to college (maybe at 197) sounds like hes gonna wrestle for awhile talks about going 86 for the future makes me think Aaron will be going 92/97 moving forward

What kind of tree is that behind him? Gorgeous foliage. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

What kind of tree is that behind him? Gorgeous foliage. 

I cannot lie to you I was not familiar with the PSU landscaping game but I will definitely be tuning in moving forward.

My take on the video:

• It's almost like glasses can make a person go from 👋🤓 to 💪😠
  • If Starocci might return at 197, it seems like Barr is locked in at 184
  • Starocci suggested that Haines might move up in weight next year. What does that mean for MM? Could Haines go to 174?
  • I did not get the impression that Starocci's thinking about MMA right now.
  • The Penn State landscaping crew is on point. Lovely.
Edited by peanut