There will be some big upsets and some guys that break through

Often, we get some real surprises happen at OTTs. Not always but cool when it occurs.  Some folks that make the team that are not the establishment.  

Feeling like our established guys are kinda old.  I’d enjoy seeing some new blood.  Question is who?  While Dake and Burroughs seem like a big climb, 74kg has some amazing young guns.  

Can Alirez break through at 65kg?  

Many will say odds are very low.  Hoping for someone to shock.

Who would you predict or like to see do it?

Everyone is very high on Alirez with good reason. But I think he has a stinker next weekend. Just a crummy gut feeling that I hope is wrong

I also think Lee does not make the finals at 65.

Spencer tech/pins his way into the finals.

• Bob 1

i am an idiot on the internet

I think if it’s going to happen it’s probably at 65 kg, and Alirez is a good bet. Also, Kerkvliet at 125 could do it. If you count Spencer Lee as “not established” he’s the easy pick but I’m not sure if he qualifies. Our team is just so tough right now, it’s hard to see too many other options 

I remember in the 1996 OTT when 2 defending World Champions failed to make the team - one KJ was also the defending Olympic Champion.  Cross beat brands in a wild best 2 out of 3 series and Gutches beat KJ 2 in a row to back up the win he had earlier at US Nationals. Gutches had just graduated from Org St. and was new to the Senior FS scene.

Anything can happen - that's why we wrestle the matches and I for one am glad that the USA picks their team this way.  .

• Bob 3

Well would like to see Spencer make it at 57.
65, is going to be wild and I have no idea who will be the guy.

74, 86, 97, and 125 I think will be Dake, Taylor, Snyder, and Parris. However if Nolf makes it at 74, I think that would be cool. 

5 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Kerk us going to win the thing. i don't consider this a bold prediction.

He has to actually do something in freestyle though 🤷‍♂️

• Bob 1

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

He has to actually do something in freestyle though 🤷‍♂️

he's a heavyweight, sometimes its hard to tell if they're wrestling at all, letalone folk vs freestyle.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

he's a heavyweight, sometimes its hard to tell if they're wrestling at all, letalone folk vs freestyle.

It's not 1983. Grow up you idiot.

ETA: second sentence is a joke. Dry /s is running amok.

Edited by bnwtwg
  • Bob 1

Ha!  I think The concepts of Dark Energy and Dark Matter suggest that our theories (the key being General Relativity) are good theories but are missing something.  I don’t know what.  But I’m thinking it isn’t these invisible, mostly non-interacting plugs.  I feel like they are a cop out.

But for now, Dark Energy is the most prevalent ‘thing’ in the Universe per the most accepted university theories!!