Governor Landry suggests pulling scholarships for athletes who skip National Anthem.

1 hour ago, jross said:

I don't care if this situation is click bait or not.  I'll treat it as somebody with a dissagrement with the governement.

It doesn't matter if you agree with whatever today.  Your reason does not matter at all.

If I'm the coach and you disrespect the men who died for our rights, you sit the bench.

genuine question, when was the last time one of our service members died actually fighting for our rights? And then also isn't it kind of dumb to punish a kid for exercising his rights especially since people have died for these rights?

45 minutes ago, braves121 said:

genuine question, when was the last time one of our service members died actually fighting for our rights? And then also isn't it kind of dumb to punish a kid for exercising his rights especially since people have died for these rights?

Did you actually just freaking ask this??

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Did you actually just freaking ask this??

Yes I did. We always hear about we always need to stand for anthem or respect troops because they fight and die for our freedom and rights. Was the Taliban trying to take our freedom and rights away? Was Iraq trying to take away our freedom and rights? What about Vietnam? None of these conflicts were about our troops defending our freedom or rights so I am actually asking this when was the last conflict we sent over American youth to protect peoples like me and yours everyday freedom

2 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Yes I did. We always hear about we always need to stand for anthem or respect troops because they fight and die for our freedom and rights. Was the Taliban trying to take our freedom and rights away? Was Iraq trying to take away our freedom and rights? What about Vietnam? None of these conflicts were about our troops defending our freedom or rights so I am actually asking this when was the last conflict we sent over American youth to protect peoples like me and yours everyday freedom

You have to be the dumbest MFer on here 

• Fire 1
  • Clown 1

I love how people think they can sit behind a computer screen and type some of the dumbest f'ing things one could possibly type and think they are smart/clever and they are just utterly moronic.  His take on the military is beyond moronic though.  I would love for him to ask that question to the face of my brother....

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

You have to be the dumbest MFer on here 

Ok so what American rights did we fight for in Afghanistan for 2 decades and cost many lives? What American rights did we fight for in Iraq? What American rights did we fight for in Vietnam?

Just now, Bigbrog said:

I love how people think they can sit behind a computer screen and type some of the dumbest f'ing things one could possibly type and think they are smart/clever and they are just utterly moronic.  His take on the military is beyond moronic though.  I would love for him to ask that question to the face of my brother....

my father served 2 tours in iraq and have asked this to his face... he did not have an answer to my question either, I would love to ask ur brother and hear his thoughts

• Jagger 1

11 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Ok so what American rights did we fight for in Afghanistan for 2 decades and cost many lives? What American rights did we fight for in Iraq? What American rights did we fight for in Vietnam?

What happened that caused us to go into Afghanistan?   Who was it that the Taliban harbored there?   Hmmmmmmmmmm Good Grief. 

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Bob 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

What happened that caused us to go into Afghanistan?   Who was it that the Taliban harbored there?   Hmmmmmmmmmm Good Grief. 

ahh yes the Saudis/ al Qaeda who orchestrated 9/11 where there were no Afghanistan nationals. After we rolled though there and the Taliban was taken out of power in 2001, what freedoms were we protecting until 2021?

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

It would not matter if it was 500 years ago.  We should pay our respect.

Sure... we no longer draft MLB players into the military and we have not lost 100K soldiers in a recent war.  The military strategy has changed to global police.  Even if we disagree with the offshort strategy, our military keeps us safe and continues to enable our freedoms. Their sacrifices matter, every single day.

Juveniles --- most likely those without children --- can be quite distasteful.  Fat, happy, talking, kneeling, messing around, ignorant at best... foolish they are IMO...

4 hours ago, Paul158 said:

I not sure what you mean by taking away a scholarship. I'm advocating for sitting you on the bench.  Now if you want to protest on your own time go for it. There is a time and a place for doing certain things. Doing it before or during a game while in uniform and representing your school is neither the time or the place.

So….youre not talking about what actually happened. Just manufactured anger. Glad we cleared it up. 

And there is that pesky little fact that you started this thread advocating for then to have their scholarships taken away. So, I mean, there’s that…..

Edited by WrestlingRasta

2 hours ago, braves121 said:

ahh yes the Saudis/ al Qaeda who orchestrated 9/11 where there were no Afghanistan nationals. After we rolled though there and the Taliban was taken out of power in 2001, what freedoms were we protecting until 2021?

Moving those goal posts huh?  Who went right back into power when we left?   

2 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Moving those goal posts huh?  Who went right back into power when we left?   

Where did i move the goalposts from? Why should we care who is in power in Afghanistan it has no affect on any Americans freedom or rights it has not for decades, it’s arguable that we caused the conditions for the taliban to have power because it’s a forever insurgency type situation like Israel is creating in Gaza 

6 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Where did i move the goalposts from? Why should we care who is in power in Afghanistan it has no affect on any Americans freedom or rights it has not for decades, it’s arguable that we caused the conditions for the taliban to have power because it’s a forever insurgency type situation like Israel is creating in Gaza 

You asked when the last time we fought for American rights.  I answered with 911.  You poo pooed it. Hence moving the goal posts. 

9 minutes ago, braves121 said:

You seem ok with what happened on 911 

• Bob 1

10 minutes ago, braves121 said:

It’s arguable that if it wasn’t for our military defending the world and human rights you’d already be speaking Chinese and enjoying the values of communism. 

14 minutes ago, braves121 said:

When the people in power harbor terrorists that killed thousands of Americans it matters.  

21 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

When the people in power harbor terrorists that killed thousands of Americans it matters.  

Taliban were not in power after 2001, how were the people in power harboring terrorists? 

28 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

You seem ok with what happened on 911 

Ahhh yes because I am against the invasion of countries that did not commit 9/11 must mean I am 100% ok with it makes a lot of sense 

23 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Ahhh yes because I am against the invasion of countries that did not commit 9/11 must mean I am 100% ok with it makes a lot of sense 

That’s where bin Ladin went soooooooooooo ya it does make sense 

• Bob 1

28 minutes ago, braves121 said:

It’s ok. It’s your  right to think 911 was ok. You can admit it. 

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Bob 1