Governor Landry suggests pulling scholarships for athletes who skip National Anthem.

2 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Maybe you should call West Point and talk to Lt. General Steve Gilland and get the information you desire.

Maybe you should accept that not being on the field for the anthem is normal and you bought into fake rage bait because you're addicted to being mad.

• Fire 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Who gets to decide when the threshold of 'foolishness' has been met? Twitter poll? Do the ticket holders get a say? 

Seems as if you are frustrated and looking for someone to unload it on. Have you talked to anyone about the origins of this frustration? Because it seems as if your reasons for anger are a bit misplaced. You could find a bit more peace if you found a healthy outlet for your emotions. 

OK doctor Phil. You are a funny guy. Being you do not know me from Adam you might want to go back to your television show. You seem to have plenty of your own problems to attend to. I hope you feel better soon.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word.
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

The school that recently removed “duty, honor, country” from its mission statement?

It's still the motto at Army. Once again falling for rage bait that isn't true. Your contention is that the US Military academy doesn't support our country sufficiently?

Must be fun to walk around all day with your brain leaking out your ears.

9 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Maybe you should accept that not being on the field for the anthem is normal and you bought into fake rage bait because you're addicted to being mad.

Are you ok. I will be happy to give you my phone number if you need some help. Just calm down. This is just a discussion.

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, jross said:

I am not okay with the governement pulling scholarships for the athlete who skips the national anthem.  

However, the foolish student fails to appreciate what gave them the right to freedom of expression.  If you do not appreciate what the nation stands for, then you should abstain from benefiting from its privileges out of principle.

As a coach, I wouldn't want fools to start for my team and I might not have a spot for them next season... Depends on how foolish and how often they are foolish...

Translation: 

'The student fails to live up to arbitrary expectations of patriotism. I could exercise this silently, by not watching the sports ball game for which they play or contributing, financially, to any of their future endeavors. However, this emotion is far too strong and I must shout it from the mountaintop. In the hopes it serves as a beacon to likeminded individuals. Signaling they have an ally in me and support to voice their unregulated emotions at mostly teenagers. Likely as not supporting this movement will encourage some among us to lash out violently at perceived enemies. But they should've just done the thing in the first place. A thing, remember, they didn't know I found so offensive and likely did for no reason other than their preference in preparation for an incredibly stressful contest being played in front of millions of people. Giving grace to children is above me at this time.' 

But ya they should care about what you think. Any suggestions on their post game or rebounding advice? 

25 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

OK doctor Phil. You are a funny guy. Being you do not know me from Adam you might want to go back to your television show. You seem to have plenty of your own problems to attend to. I hope you feel better soon.

Yelling at children for not doing a made up thing in order to satisfy a fictional criteria in your mind is the peak of mental health, btw. 

11 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

It's still the motto at Army. Once again falling for rage bait that isn't true. Your contention is that the US Military academy doesn't support our country sufficiently?

Must be fun to walk around all day with your brain leaking out your ears.

That there is a decadence of leadership and misdirected priorities, which is widely known and well noted.  

13 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Classic abuser tactic. 

What the?!?!  Ok...you seriously have gone off the deep end!  You and @uncle bernard are clearly looking for the boogyman in something on here...Paul does not seem upset at all...it is called A DISCUSSION.   And show me where one person on here has said they are 'SO UPSET" about LSU, or any other team that they want all scholarships taken away and for all support to be pulled??  What is wrong with someone saying IF they did it as a form of protest then they disagree with it but agree with their freedom to do so?  Or even if they did it other than it's their "routine" and you don't like it?  How is that expressing so much anger that you get called an "abuser".  You two must be absolutely wonderful conversationalists in real life.  How could anyone discuss anything with you two without you two thinking they are racist/bigots/against everything and everyone/abusers/etc.???

You two need to get out of the classrooms and your text books and get in the real world.

• Bob 1

29 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Translation: 

'The student fails to live up to arbitrary expectations of patriotism. I could exercise this silently, by not watching the sports ball game for which they play or contributing, financially, to any of their future endeavors. However, this emotion is far too strong and I must shout it from the mountaintop. In the hopes it serves as a beacon to likeminded individuals. Signaling they have an ally in me and support to voice their unregulated emotions at mostly teenagers. Likely as not supporting this movement will encourage some among us to lash out violently at perceived enemies. But they should've just done the thing in the first place. A thing, remember, they didn't know I found so offensive and likely did for no reason other than their preference in preparation for an incredibly stressful contest being played in front of millions of people. Giving grace to children is above me at this time.' 

But ya they should care about what you think. Any suggestions on their post game or rebounding advice? 

I don't care if this situation is click bait or not.  I'll treat it as somebody with a dissagrement with the governement.

It doesn't matter if you agree with whatever today.  Your reason does not matter at all.

If I'm the coach and you disrespect the men who died for our rights, you sit the bench.

Edited by jross
  • Bob 1

13 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

What the?!?!  Ok...you seriously have gone off the deep end!  You and @uncle bernard are clearly looking for the boogyman in something on here...Paul does not seem upset at all...it is called A DISCUSSION.   And show me where one person on here has said they are 'SO UPSET" about LSU, or any other team that they want all scholarships taken away and for all support to be pulled??  What is wrong with someone saying IF they did it as a form of protest then they disagree with it but agree with their freedom to do so?  Or even if they did it other than it's their "routine" and you don't like it?  How is that expressing so much anger that you get called an "abuser".  You two must be absolutely wonderful conversationalists in real life.  How could anyone discuss anything with you two without you two thinking they are racist/bigots/against everything and everyone/abusers/etc.???

You two need to get out of the classrooms and your text books and get in the real world.

And the other participant in the discussion shows all the hallmarks of being upset? Typing in lower case, not cursing, or name calling. Typing out a coherent argument for the support of one position over another. But being told to calm down as they 'seem' upset. Is and I cannot stress this enough, IS a tactic of abuse and manipulation. 

Sorry, I needed to add some more. You've transitioned from defending a manipulative tactic to defending the opinion. Which is not was happening when I made the comment. Again, the expressing of an opinion does not and should not get you labeled as anything but that is not what happened here. That you are trying to rehab a comment that was not in favor or one side or another but was meant for one individual in the conversation, does not paint you in a flattering way. 

Seems with the last few questions you are mudding the water of any future conversations. Also a manipulative tactic. Do you even understand what was said that I felt I needed to point it out? 

There was no anger on either side. I understand that. But one side made the decision to invoke anger in the other. This has a chilling effect on speech. It is a way to gaslight an opponent. It is done when one feels not in control of a situation. Hence the manipulation aspect of the tactic. The argument fell by the wayside in favor or gaslighting. Which indicates to me that one side was uncomfortable where the conversation was going and lacked the tools to get it back on track in a healthy way. 

Edited by ThreePointTakedown

4 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

And the other participant in the discussion shows all the hallmarks of being upset? Typing in lower case, not cursing, or name calling. Typing out a coherent argument for the support of one position over another. But being told to calm down as they 'seem' upset. Is and I cannot stress this enough, IS a tactic of abuse and manipulation. 

Dude...you are a clown...keep believing the crap you type...good luck

• Fire 2

18 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Don't lump me in. I haven't called anybody abusers. Just stupid! Because this was very clearly not an anthem protest despite what those who like being mad all the time believe. Getting mad and criticizing people over nothing like a bunch of snowflakes.

As an aside, the whole obsession with playing the anthem before every sporting event is so weird. Doesn't bother me at all personally, but I don't understand why it's necessary to play the anthem at an Iowa-Cal Baptist wrestling meet.

Edited by uncle bernard
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Dude...you are a clown...keep believing the crap you type...good luck

Seems as if you're lashing out as a way to cope with not understanding, at all, what I'm talking about. 

Read a book. 

Coping skills might help you immensely. 

If that doesn't work, the rubber vs glue defense is a classic for a reason. 

• Clown 1

13 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Don't lump me in. I haven't called anybody abusers. Just stupid! Because this was very clearly not an anthem protest despite what those who like being mad all the time believe. Getting mad and criticizing people over nothing like a bunch of snowflakes.

As an aside, the whole obsession with playing the anthem before every sporting event is so weird. Doesn't bother me at all personally, but I don't understand why it's necessary to play the anthem at an Iowa-Cal Baptist wrestling meet.

Yeah...I probably shouldn't have lumped you in for the whole response...my bad.  I guess it is perspective as I didn't get any feeling that people were "mad" or "upset" about what was happening but rather disagreeing with what did happen and for the potential reasons why.  I disagree with a lot of things but it doesn't mean those things upset me in anyway.  And there was discussion about what a coach could do...probably prompted my question to vak and someone else about what a coach could do or rules they could implement...for discussion purposes is all.

Anyway, you think the playing of the anthem before every sporting event is weird.  Fine...it's your opinion.  I don't take it as you are upset or mad.  Anyway, I love the anthem as it brings me back to my younger days and it giving me the goosebumps before competing, as well as the honoring of the people who sacrificed and gave their life for us to have the freedom to be who we are as a country and to play sports.  That will never be weird to me.  But...it's my opinion. 

Edited by Bigbrog
  • Bob 2
  • Brain 1

29 minutes ago, jross said:

I don't care if this situation is click bait or not.  I'll treat it as somebody with a dissagrement with the governement.

It doesn't matter if you agree with whatever today.  Your reason does not matter at all.

If I'm the coach and you disrespect the men who died for our rights, you sit the bench.

Amen to that. There was a time in America when this was the norm. That ship has now sailed.

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Yeah...I probably shouldn't have lumped you in for the whole response...my bad.  I guess it is perspective as I didn't get any feeling that people were "mad" or "upset" about what was happening but rather disagreeing with what did happen and for the potential reasons why.  I disagree with a lot of things but it doesn't mean they upsets me in anyway.  And there was discussion about what a coach could do...probably prompted my question to vak and someone else about what a coach could do or rules they could implement...for discussion purposes.

Anyway, you think the playing of the anthem before every sporting event is weird.  Fine...it's your opinion.  I don't take it as you are upset or mad.  Anyway, I love the anthem as it brings me back to my younger days and it giving me the goosebumps before competing, as well as the honoring of the people who sacrificed and gave their life for us to have the freedom to be who we are as a country and to play sports.  That will never be weird to me.  But...it's my opinion. 

Its a good opinion. In a time not so long ago most of America felt that way.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

6 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Seems as if you're lashing out as a way to cope with not understanding, at all, what I'm talking about. 

Read a book. 

Coping skills might help you immensely. 

If that doesn't work, the rubber vs glue defense is a classic for a reason. 

You just can't stop can you???  I don't think I am the one who appears to need coping skills...

Keep on keeping on labeling people based on a message board,,,clown

53 minutes ago, jross said:

And women? 

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You are all over the place. First it was about freedom of speech for you in spite of the fact that I did or said nothing to impinge on his freedom and I do not represent the government, then it was about irony, and now it is about hypocrisy. When you have too many points, you have no point.

I’m still in the same place. And You did exactly what he/she did.   You both exercised your freedom of speech rights by saying something stupid. 

• Bob 2