Governor Landry suggests pulling scholarships for athletes who skip National Anthem.

19 hours ago, RockLobster said:

Anyone whining about wearing a thin easy mask to help each other out needs a swift kick in the ass.

Let's apply some Lobster Logic:

Millions of people voluntarily build fences around their properties.        

image.png.4d9f961ee64cdbc40f1e6baee1403256.png

Public servants in every jurisdiction wear gold stars proudly and conspicuously.

image.png.2e415f1c6d976fb120bdc7ee7ee1e52c.png

Tattoos are displayed with joy by people. 

image.png.24f316bbdad835417d0583974f293e71.png

Free food, clothes, transportation, and health care are sought by people the world over.  Therefore, if a government were to provide these things we all would be in a form of heaven.

Anyone whining about having to wear a thin easy to attach gold star to help each other out needs a swift kick in the ass.

image.png.28480fc0c46f599572b28e79055b1898.png

Anyone whining about having to get a small easy tattoo to help each other out needs a swift kick in the ass.

image.png.286de1602ad79875abc907a21ea91080.png

Anyone whining about having to live in a secure gated community with free food, clothing, health care, and all the exercise you want to help each other out needs a swift kick in the ass.

image.png.f5b214dd2e690bdd614d345ab0257297.png

There have been several such a benevolent governments that gave all these things to special people and also gave swift kicks in the ass to whiners with the temerity to complain.   Lobster just loves those types of ass kicking governments and the type of people who implemented them.

image.png

Edited by Lipdrag
  • Bob 2
  • Fire 3
  • Jagger 1

An over simplification.

During the American Revolution, citizens were encouraged to own and use firearms in defense efforts.  Privateers, citizen-owned ships armed with cannons, were encouraged to fight too.  

Meanwhilein in India... there was this Battle of Plassey in 1757 where 800 Brits and 2000 local defeated 50,000 Bengals. Guns were part of that.  

Time passed with other occurrences... peaceful and non peaceful.

Then the Brits wanted the Americans to enter WW2.  Before the Americans engaged, they pushed the Brits to sign the Atlantic Charter... including that all people had the right to self-determination.  After the US entered and helped kick ass with their guns, the dismantling of colonism was enabled.  The Brits were not motivated to free India but the quit India Ghandi movements and economy and charter all helped to make that happen.

If India citizens and military had guns like the US had guns... they wouldn't had been as easy to colonoize.  And while India did achieve freedom eventually through peaceful measures, it can thank the US guns for enabling the circumstance of their success.

Pehaps if the Brits never had guns (ban guns everywhere)... colonism wouldn't had been easy... I don't know... controlling weaker parties has always been a thing.  This is why the 2nd ammendment is so important.  The wisdom of the past is important!

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

"To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops." - Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms, like law, discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The balance ofpower is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside. And while a single nation refuses to lay them down, it is proper that all should keep them up. Horrid mischief would ensue were one-half the world deprived of the use of them; for while avarice and ambition have a place in the heart of man, the weak will become a prey to the strong. The history of every age and nation establishes these truths, and facts need but little arguments when they prove themselves." - Thomas Paine, "Thoughts on Defensive War" in Pennsylvania Magazine, July 1775

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 12 June 1823

Edited by jross
  • Bob 1
  • Wrestle 1

On 4/12/2024 at 8:42 AM, Lipdrag said:

Nope.  Those masks were no more useful than tin foil hats helping out crazy people defend against space rays.  Your point is refuted.

The ones in the OR? Thin, light, disposable. Basically the same as the publicly available ones. Would be exactly the same if we could have produced them in quantity fast enough. But we have to do what we can during a global pandemic.

Or the ones in the jet planes? Some have a problem with masks being mandatory. Yet those are MANDATORY. I haven't heard a single pilot complain about having to wear them. They aren't whiny bitches.

And by "pilots", I don't include you. You can't possibly really a pilot. Pilots I know have dignity and honor. You post like a whiney putz.

• Clown 1

On 4/12/2024 at 8:33 PM, Lipdrag said:

Let's apply some Lobster Logic:

Millions of people voluntarily build fences around their properties.        

image.png.4d9f961ee64cdbc40f1e6baee1403256.png

Public servants in every jurisdiction wear gold stars proudly and conspicuously.

image.png.2e415f1c6d976fb120bdc7ee7ee1e52c.png

Tattoos are displayed with joy by people. 

image.png.24f316bbdad835417d0583974f293e71.png

Free food, clothes, transportation, and health care are sought by people the world over.  Therefore, if a government were to provide these things we all would be in a form of heaven.

Anyone whining about having to wear a thin easy to attach gold star to help each other out needs a swift kick in the ass.

image.png.28480fc0c46f599572b28e79055b1898.png

Anyone whining about having to get a small easy tattoo to help each other out needs a swift kick in the ass.

image.png.286de1602ad79875abc907a21ea91080.png

Anyone whining about having to live in a secure gated community with free food, clothing, health care, and all the exercise you want to help each other out needs a swift kick in the ass.

image.png.f5b214dd2e690bdd614d345ab0257297.png

There have been several such a benevolent governments that gave all these things to special people and also gave swift kicks in the ass to whiners with the temerity to complain.   Lobster just loves those types of ass kicking governments and the type of people who implemented them.

image.png

Long... boring... post... a very long way to go to say nothing at all useful.

In case you forgot the topic we engaged in, it was about how you whined about wearing a mask on a commercial flight. It's here:

O! say does that star-spangled Banner yet wave,
⁠O'er the Land of the free and the home of the brave?

The question now has changed from the original.  No longer is the fact of the waving in question as it was when Key wrote the lyrics.  Whether we remain in the land of the free and the home of the brave is now the pertinent part of the question.  I, personally, felt distinctly unfree and cowardly wearing that idiotic, inane, and ridiculous mask on flights in 2021 for just one example.

So whiney and pathetic. Guy who claims to be a fighter pilot can't handle wearing a basic mask during a global pandemic. Can't take a bit of discomfort in order to provide just a bit of help.

Then this clown decides he'll frame me as a nazi? 

Lipdrag, you are no better than trash. 

I'd like to think I'm wrong and you are more than that. But I haven't seen any proof yet.

Edited by RockLobster

5 hours ago, RockLobster said:

In case you forgot the topic we engaged in, it was about how you whined about wearing a mask on a commercial flight. It's here:

So whiney and pathetic. Guy who claims to be a fighter pilot can't handle wearing a basic mask during a global pandemic. Can't take a bit of discomfort in order to provide just a bit of help.

I'd like to think I'm wrong and you are more than that. But I haven't seen any proof yet.

Solid contributions.  Second grade name calling. Typical for say good/do nothing libtardos. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

Masks weren’t needed at all. Ask Fauci. 

If Fauci and his crony's hadn't created this evil virus we wouldn't need anything. Trump would have been re-elected. No war in Ukraine,No war In Israel. No inflation. Border would be secure. Feel free to add the many other things that would be happening if Fauci and his cronies had not created this China virus.

• Fire 1

21 hours ago, RockLobster said:

Please provide any evidence/data that masks that were worn by people that were not at risk were beneficial to people who were at risk...we'll wait....

• Bob 1

17 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Solid contributions.  Second grade name calling. Typical for say good/do nothing libtardos. 

You must have difficulty understanding the concept of discussion vs name calling.

When folks are engaged in a discussion, they use concepts and perspectives and listen as well as talk.

"John Smith was a better coach than Dan Gable!" <- discussion
"No, Gable was a better coach than Smith!" <- discussion
"Both wrong, Cael is the better coach!" <- discussion

It can get heated, but the discussion primarily based on the topic at hand and discussion stays somewhat focused. But when what follows is something like"

"You're a Nazi and here's some pictures of Nazi's" <- name calling, doesn't relate to the discussion
"No, you are a gigantic buffoon" <- name calling, doesn't relate to the discussion
"You Americans are all so stupid" <- name calling, doesn't relate to the discussion

Do you get it?

The name caller is the one who breaks from an actual discussion by calling names because they are at a loss.

More name calling often follows - as is how chaos works - but it's no mystery who the culprit is. Just reread the thread.

Edited by RockLobster

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

Please provide any evidence/data that masks that were worn by people that were not at risk were beneficial to people who were at risk...we'll wait....

Every OR in every hospital in the entire country.

3 hours ago, RockLobster said:

You must have difficulty understanding the concept of discussion vs name calling.

When folks are engaged in a discussion, they use concepts and perspectives and listen as well as talk.

More name calling often follows - as is how chaos works - but it's no mystery who the culprit is. Just reread the thread.

RL from the GWN - your behavior contradicts your action.

You open this discussion by calling anyone who disagrees with masks as a whiny selfish bastard that needs a swift kick in the ass.  In other threads, you describe people as dogs that need to be put down and do more name calling in the fall of Minneapolis.  

• Bob 1

You ask a question without answering, where Ghandi is common knowledge to some, and imply non-violence was their ticket to freedom.

On 4/12/2024 at 7:12 AM, ThreePointTakedown said:

India is free, btw. How'd that come about? 

Questions are asked in return, without being answered, implying there was violence to the story.  You evade the questions.

On 4/12/2024 at 8:35 AM, ThreePointTakedown said:

You offer up your opinions then I might feel the need to research to confirm or reject your conclusions. 

You almost nailed it here. I know there is more to the story, and your understanding skims the surface. I don't want to tell you that you are wrong; I want you to rebut with facts or increase your understanding.  

On 4/12/2024 at 8:39 AM, ThreePointTakedown said:

"See, they aren't even willing to do this homework assignment I've given them. Because I am convinced they are wrong but won't tell them how or why until they've done x,y,z first. 

This is an excellent point that you must ask yourself first.  What evidence was presented with the implication that India became free without guns?  Besides the USA's role in WW2... charter... there was violent Indian resistance (Subhas Chandra Bose, Bhagat Singh - more)

On 4/12/2024 at 10:08 AM, ThreePointTakedown said:

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.  

I really value your input. It'd be awesome to see well-informed opinions and evidence more often.

• Bob 2

5 hours ago, RockLobster said:

"John Smith was a better coach than Dan Gable!" <- discussion
"No, Gable was a better coach than Smith!" <- discussion
"Both wrong, Cael is the better coach!" <- discussion

It can get heated, but the discussion primarily based on the topic at hand and discussion stays somewhat focused. But when what follows is something like"

"You're a Nazi and here's some pictures of Nazi's" <- name calling, doesn't relate to the discussion
"No, you are a gigantic buffoon" <- name calling, doesn't relate to the discussion
"You Americans are all so stupid" <- name calling, doesn't relate to the discussion

Do you get it?

The name caller is the one who breaks from an actual discussion by calling names because they are at a loss.

But mom, he did it too. 🤦‍♂️ 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/12/2024 at 3:49 PM, jross said:

Hungry Chef GIF by Munchies

Look bud, all you have to do is show and the food is cooked for you.  Aint that grand?

One question implies its answer.

Why did it take two centuries for India to gain its freedom in relation to the USA?

works rifle GIF

Then just answer the question and allow all of us to stop holding our breath. Prove your point. Or is you flex the point? Because you've played this game before. I wasn't to keen on it then either. 

11 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Then just answer the question and allow all of us to stop holding our breath. Prove your point. Or is you flex the point? Because you've played this game before. I wasn't to keen on it then either. 

Show effort to have an informed opinion and a healthy discussion will occur.  

17 minutes ago, jross said:

Show effort to have an informed opinion and a healthy discussion will occur.  

Coming from someone that regularly avoids answering questions and posts clown emojis. 

You've shown, time and time again, that you are not interested in having a healthy discussion. You want to prove a point and/or teach a lesson. But not in an empathetic or encouraging way. More like slamming on your brakes in front of a driver that's ticked you off. Doesn't inform or educate. Just makes you feel better to punish someone for existing with differing opinions than you. 

Have fun with your healthy discussions. 

• Clown 1

It is exhausting to answer so many questions continuously..., but list any three pressing questions you want here and now, and I'll get to them.

If the clown emojis bother you, listen to the advice. Engage constructively, acknowledge valid viewpoints, admit when wrong, and give reasoned arguments/evidence when persistently dismissing opposing viewpoints.  Pull your pants up, tighten your belt, iron your shirt, make your bed, and adult up. 

14 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Coming from someone that regularly avoids answering questions and posts clown emojis. 

• Bob 3

2 hours ago, jross said:

It is exhausting to answer so many questions continuously..., but list any three pressing questions you want here and now, and I'll get to them.

If the clown emojis bother you, listen to the advice. Engage constructively, acknowledge valid viewpoints, admit when wrong, and give reasoned arguments/evidence when persistently dismissing opposing viewpoints.  Pull your pants up, tighten your belt, iron your shirt, make your bed, and adult up. 

Provide examples of occasions when I did not try to engage honestly? 

'Listen to the advice' = Just do what I want you to do and think the same. 

Its funny that recently the emojis pop up but little to no response to the points follow. 

'Acknowledge valid viewpoints' = tell me my Ideas are valid.  That's no how discussions work. If I don't think your ideas are valid or the reasoning you use to come about them, I am under no obligation to 'validate' your ideas. Your methods should tell you that your ideas are valid. Not someone signing off on it.

'Dismissing viewpoints' = Any examples? Because if you don't provide evidence for a viewpoint then its not worth responding to and a waste of time for both of us. 

'Adult up' = Do things the way I do or would or I will think lesser of you. That one seems to track with a lot of the conversations we've had lately. 

Please, let me know if my = statements were incorrect and as to how? 

27 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Provide examples of occasions when I did not try to engage honestly? 

'Listen to the advice' = Just do what I want you to do and think the same. 

Its funny that recently the emojis pop up but little to no response to the points follow. 

'Acknowledge valid viewpoints' = tell me my Ideas are valid.  That's no how discussions work. If I don't think your ideas are valid or the reasoning you use to come about them, I am under no obligation to 'validate' your ideas. Your methods should tell you that your ideas are valid. Not someone signing off on it.

'Dismissing viewpoints' = Any examples? Because if you don't provide evidence for a viewpoint then its not worth responding to and a waste of time for both of us. 

'Adult up' = Do things the way I do or would or I will think lesser of you. That one seems to track with a lot of the conversations we've had lately. 

Please, let me know if my = statements were incorrect and as to how? 

You make this post and don't understand where clown emojis come from?  People might feel some responses are a bit level 1 childish and not see a need to engage.  

From Child to Adult.

1. School is boring. 
  2. School is boring because we just sit and listen all day.
  3. School is boring because we just sit and listen all day. I'd rather go on an adventure and learn about topics that interest me.
  4. School is boring because we just sit and listen all day.  I'd rather go on an adventure and learn about topics that interest me, like how to hit a blast double.  Blast doubles are so... manly!

I want to hear your insights precisely because they are so different from mine. I just ask that you make an effort to have a meaningful conversation so that your ideas are considered more.

Here, you are asking questions again that, with self-reflection, you would already identify and understand. 

Edited by jross

1 hour ago, jross said:

You make this post and don't understand where clown emojis come from?  People might feel some responses are a bit level 1 childish and not see a need to engage.  

From Child to Adult.

1. School is boring. 
  2. School is boring because we just sit and listen all day.
  3. School is boring because we just sit and listen all day. I'd rather go on an adventure and learn about topics that interest me.
  4. School is boring because we just sit and listen all day.  I'd rather go on an adventure and learn about topics that interest me, like how to hit a blast double.  Blast doubles are so... manly!

I want to hear your insights precisely because they are so different from mine. I just ask that you make an effort to have a meaningful conversation so that your ideas are considered more.

Here, you are asking questions again that, with self-reflection, you would already identify and understand. 

So rather than taking your word, I asked for any examples that you had or could think of to make your point more evident. To get a better idea of what you are referring to. Because i sympathize with you if you feel I am being purposefully evasive. It is frustrating. 

Instead of doing that, you wrote... whatever that was. 

Trying to tell me that my best and only way to get clarity for something YOU WROTE, was to look inwards and identify to understand. 

Do you just not want to type out the answers because you think its a waste of time? I doubt it.  

Many of your thoughts on various subjects, recently, have been lacking in empathy and compassion. But dripping with authoritarian or dictatorial tendencies(see anthem discussion, 'just do what I would do, because I want you to'). I feel that if you really dug into your thoughts on a subject and then posted them. You'd have to come to terms with you, possibly, not being a particularly good person. Wanting those you see as unworthy, be deprived of much needed help or outright punished for situations entirely beyond their control. Or maybe I'm mistaken and you genuinely feel these things will help and lead to better and longer lasting prosperity. If that's the case, I look forward to fruitful conversations. 

29 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Many of your thoughts on various subjects, recently, have been lacking in empathy and compassion. 

Yes, and yes. As a car runs out of gas, a person runs out of patience. Discussing empathy and compassion for disrespectful people does drain the patience.

• Bob 2

20 hours ago, jross said:

RL from the GWN - your behavior contradicts your action.

You open this discussion by calling anyone who disagrees with masks as a whiny selfish bastard that needs a swift kick in the ass.  In other threads, you describe people as dogs that need to be put down and do more name calling in the fall of Minneapolis.  

You are twisting my words and that simply makes you an awful poster who should not be trusted.

My earlier discussion contribution was:

"Anyone whining about wearing a thin easy mask to help each other out needs a swift kick in the ass."

One of these things is very much not like the other. And I'm certain you know better, but behave poorly anyway.

You are truly awful.

6 hours ago, RockLobster said:

You are twisting my words and that simply makes you an awful poster who should not be trusted.

My earlier discussion contribution was:

"Anyone whining about wearing a thin easy mask to help each other out needs a swift kick in the ass."

One of these things is very much not like the other. And I'm certain you know better, but behave poorly anyway.

You are truly awful.

I'll type slowly...show us where wearing a thin easy mask helped each other out during Covid.  Me not wearing a mask in the grocery store as I did my shopping and walked by many elderly people who were wearing a mask did not put them at any more risk than they were willing to take.

• Bob 1