Clarion University Has Perpetrated the Greatest Wrestling Hoax of All Time

On the official roster for Clarion, they have a wrestler by the name of “Suds Dubler.” That’s right. Suds. Dubler. Sounds like a character played by Will Ferrell. In other words, FAKE NEWS. If you go to the website (or you can see a screenshot below), you’ll notice that Suds Dubler IS ACTUALLY YIANNI DIAKAMOHOLIS AFTER A MONTH OF PROTEIN SHAKES!

A second clue is the name itself. Suds Dubler is an anagram of “riddles” as long as you carefully add an “i” and take out a “b” and a “u” and another “u.” Are there other clues on the official Clarion roster website?

You bet. 

His “position” is listed as 165. Nobody in Pennsylvania would use “position” instead of “weight” for a wrestler. Do they think we’re stupid? DYOR. On top of that Suds Dubler supposedly comes from a town called Irvona, Pennsylvania, but if you look at a map of that state, THERE’S NO IRVONA IN PENNSYLVANIA.

Whomever is behind this has even fooled Wrestlestat.com with fake match results, crisis actors and who knows what else.

I don’t know what their game is yet, or whether this is a Russian, Chinese or Amish disinformation campaign, but I’m going to keep a close eye on this so-called “Suds Dubler.” Where We Wrestle One, We Wrestle All. 

aaa.jpg

• Brain 1
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 3

I know you're just having fun but there are a lot of Pa towns you won't find on that map. Like Nazareth and Northampton.

image.png.99026a5b3269aa2335e3c9e21b614a9d.png

Works out to more than an acre a person!

Edited by gimpeltf
  • Bob 1
  • Brain 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BarSeries said:

April Fools is tomorrow!

The thing is Suds Dubler is 100% real. You can go to the Clarion website and see for yourself. The only questions are whether he is in fact a real person, a disinformation campaign, a Yianni clone or one of the pod people. 

As for Potatoes McBrewster, they took that page down. Suspicious, no?

P.S. If enough of you go to the Clarion website and vouch for the fact that Suds Dubler (i.e. Giant Yianni) IS NOT THERE, I'll know that I'm ******* crazy. Either way, that would be valuable information to have.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

He sounds about as legit as Sidd Finch. 

Didn't understand the reference. Googled it. HILARIOUS!

Reminds me of a project that I'm working on that some will probably allege is complete bull**** even though it's 100% true.

There was a guy from Dagestan named Magomed Islaniev who came to America and wrestled in (some say) about 80 high school tournaments around the country over a number of years.

He rented himself out as a ringer.

His greatest achievement was winning the 155 and 167 weights back-to-back at the 1985 IHSA tournament. He had to wrestle up a weight so he could change and get back to the mat in time.

He died in a motorcycle accident.

We're looking for actors to play that part (strong Eastern European accent a must), various 1980s-era coaches (should look comfortable in singlet and t-shirt), and some opponents (looking specifically for Greg Brady haircuts). If interested, call me.

E2_N0vPVoAAFX9a.jpg

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

On the official roster for Clarion, they have a wrestler by the name of “Suds Dubler.” That’s right. Suds. Dubler. Sounds like a character played by Will Ferrell. In other words, FAKE NEWS. If you go to the website (or you can see a screenshot below), you’ll notice that Suds Dubler IS ACTUALLY YIANNI DIAKAMOHOLIS AFTER A MONTH OF PROTEIN SHAKES!

A second clue is the name itself. Suds Dubler is an anagram of “riddles” as long as you carefully add an “i” and take out a “b” and a “u” and another “u.” Are there other clues on the official Clarion roster website?

You bet. 

His “position” is listed as 165. Nobody in Pennsylvania would use “position” instead of “weight” for a wrestler. Do they think we’re stupid? DYOR. On top of that Suds Dubler supposedly comes from a town called Irvona, Pennsylvania, but if you look at a map of that state, THERE’S NO IRVONA IN PENNSYLVANIA.

Whomever is behind this has even fooled Wrestlestat.com with fake match results, crisis actors and who knows what else.

I don’t know what their game is yet, or whether this is a Russian, Chinese or Amish disinformation campaign, but I’m going to keep a close eye on this so-called “Suds Dubler.” Where We Wrestle One, We Wrestle All. 

aaa.jpg

Keeping my eye on the Amish if/when I get to Lancaster County.   You think they are working w Putin? 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

The thing is Suds Dubler is 100% real. You can go to the Clarion website and see for yourself. The only questions are whether he is in fact a real person, a disinformation campaign, a Yianni clone or one of the pod people. 

As for Potatoes McBrewster, they took that page down. Suspicious, no?

P.S. If enough of you go to the Clarion website and vouch for the fact that Suds Dubler (i.e. Giant Yianni) IS NOT THERE, I'll know that I'm ******* crazy. Either way, that would be valuable information to have.

https://www.pa-wrestling.com/hs/teams/glendale/athlete_stats.htm?id=141891

• Brain 1

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

true story, i'm in a fantasy football league (ran by David Taylor) with Suds Dubler's dad.

Are you talking about Soapy Dubler? 

• Haha 2