Transfer Portal

10 hours ago, Idaho said:

Yep - pretty popular spot.  Ummm.... you didn't know Baltimore was in a bay?  

Yes and thus not the coast. 

10 hours ago, Idaho said:

Yep - pretty popular spot.  Ummm.... you didn't know Baltimore was in a bay?  

8 hours ago, flyingcement said:

As a born and bred east coaster I can confirm that Baltimore qualifies as coast.   😎

I can't tell if this is sarcasm.   Baltimore is definitely not the coast and I'm pretty sure "Baltimore Beach" isn't even a real place.

25 minutes ago, Gus said:

That is fine with me lol. Sounds like a badge of honor. He has not been the only one talking about how the portal has been "dead" this year but I guess I see it differently.

The portal hasn't been dead.  We've legitimately seen a national champion, age group team members, and perennial contenders and a slew of other gents transfer this year.

If the requirement is that we get 3+ Natty Daddies every year, then every year will be dead.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm.   Baltimore is definitely not the coast and I'm pretty sure "Baltimore Beach" isn't even a real place.

https://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreBeach/

Look up the definition of beach. 

a strip of land covered with sand, pebbles, or small stones at the edge of a body of water, especially by the ocean between high- and low-water marks.

It does say especially by the ocean but not solely the case.

36 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

a strip of land covered with sand, pebbles, or small stones at the edge of a body of water, especially by the ocean between high- and low-water marks.

lol that's a volleyball court, it's not even on the water.  There are some "beaches" near Baltimore, but no place on the water called "Baltimore Beach"

41 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Doesn't really look like a beach certainly not the coast.  Looks like a made up Facebook place. 

Screenshot_20240603-091027_Chrome.thumb.jpg.921783a8fd8cb91257755b1ac40bc6fa.jpg

51 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Feel free to look at the many beaches in Baltimore here... Baltimore beach is a real place, although not actually on the beach but in Baltimore... But here. you go if you would like to pick a different beach

https://www.hotels.com/go/usa/best-beaches-baltimore

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Doesn't really look like a beach certainly not the coast.  Looks like a made up Facebook place. 

Screenshot_20240603-091027_Chrome.thumb.jpg.921783a8fd8cb91257755b1ac40bc6fa.jpg

Did you not read that I said Baltimore is in the bay? First, why did you not know this to begin with? Second, why did you keep arguing a point that I already made clear that it's in the bay. Third, why is a bay not consider the coast... lastly, why are you so enamored with my original comment that simply said he was going coast to coast? 

Just now, gimpeltf said:

I don't know what you guys want. There aren't a lot of Beaches that are legislated municipalities. Just Google Baltimore Beach. I only picked the first result I saw. 

https://www.holidify.com/places/baltimore/baltimore-beach-sightseeing-1262435.html

Just now, Idaho said:

Did you not read that I said Baltimore is in the bay? First, why did you not know this to begin with? Second, why did you keep arguing a point that I already made clear that it's in the bay. Third, why is a bay not consider the coast... lastly, why are you so enamored with my original comment that simply said he was going coast to coast? 

So is Twin Beaches Idaho the West Coast?

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Nope... but Cal Baptist 40 minutes from the beach is.  Why are. you so upset with "coast to coast" - Would you like me to retract my statement to Coast to across the USA? Would that satisfy your douche baggerie or would you like another term? 

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

You quoted me and didn't say anything to me. But who said Beaches could only be on the coasts? I posted a dictionary definition that states otherwise.

37 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Feel free to look at the many beaches in Baltimore here... Baltimore beach is a real place, although not actually on the beach but in Baltimore... But here. you go if you would like to pick a different beach

https://www.hotels.com/go/usa/best-beaches-baltimore

I lived in Baltimore.   As I said there are some beaches in the area, but "Baltimore Beach" is a volleyball court that isn't even on the water.     From your link: "it’s not actually a real beach at all."

36 minutes ago, Idaho said:

The Chesapeake Bay is not on the coast.  For most of it you still need to go through a whole different state to get to the coast.

Coast to coast wasn't accurate but I was fine with the updated comment of "coast to almost coast."

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I lived in Baltimore.   As I said there are some beaches in the area, but "Baltimore Beach" is a volleyball court that isn't even on the water.     From your link: "it’s not actually a real beach at all."

The Chesapeake Bay is not on the coast.  For most of it you still need to go through a whole different state to get to the coast.

Coast to coast wasn't accurate but I was fine with the updated comment of "coast to almost coast."

The actual website has it on water

spacer.png

Coast to almost coast.... I'm fine with that and glad that you can move on with life now.  We can only hope that @ionel can also move on with life with that phrase. I will be better with those who are more geographically sensitive. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

The actual website has it on water

spacer.png

We can only hope that @ionel can also move on with life with that phrase.

But to where shall I move to, I'm confused.  😉

49 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Mason Gode from NDSU to Minnesota State Moorhead

Why you have to interrupt an argument about beaches with transfer news in the transfer portal thread?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

If you can drive to a coast within two hours you live on the coast.  

But can you drive anywhere in California in two hours guaranteed?  🤔

11 hours ago, flyingcement said:

If you can drive to a coast within two hours you live within two hours of a coast...

13 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Thank you for confirming that Baltimore is not the coast (let alone Pittsburgh)