Is this the year that illustrates Transfers =/= championships?

I get Jimbo alway reaching, but I’ll add a legitimate point here.  Sure individually some of them didn’t quite make it as far as last year but enter in people moving weights and coming back from injury or redshirts and you get some of that.  But on the team side of things the question would be was their “WAR” (in baseball terms) value enough to improve the teams chances. Did that team preform better by adding them to the lineup than if the squad went with who was slotted as the next man up instead.   I’d assume that’s a big enough yes for those teams to want to keep diving into the transfer portal to fill some of their gaps until a young recruit develops more. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

How many transfers ended up faring more poorly than before?

Nagao 5th -> DNP

Truax 4th -> 5th

Franek 5th -> 8th

Woods 2nd (at Iowa) -> 4th

Griffith 1st (past season) -> 3rd

Messenbeink cal b to —> to the ncaa finals. 

Edited by Caveira

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

How many transfers ended up faring more poorly than before?

Nagao 5th -> DNP

Truax 4th -> 5th

Franek 5th -> 8th

Woods 2nd (at Iowa) -> 4th

Griffith 1st (past season) -> 3rd

Caliendo-7th -4th

Davison 5th to finalist 

Oeljnik- 8th- 5th 

Slavakouski- R12- 7th

Gomez DNP- finalist 

Smith - DNP 0-2 - 6th

also Griffith 5th-3rd 

Edited by Antitroll2828

19 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Messenbeink cal b to —> to the ncaa finals. 

Did messenbrink ever compete for another school? What was his ncaa placement there?

34 minutes ago, Fred said:

Did messenbrink ever compete for another school? What was his ncaa placement there?

He was at Cal Baptist.  They gave him an offer that he accepted but then he kinda blew up after at the age group World Trials and World Championships. He choose to honor his commitment to them after.  If I have this right he competed in two open matches as a redshirt, then decided he needed to look at other options cause Cal Baptist didn’t seem to be a fit for his ambitions. He went home to finish his class work online.  Then got PSU to pick him up   

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/10319660-why-mitchell-mesenbrink-is-entering-the-portal

Edited by MadMardigain

3 hours ago, Fred said:

I dunno.   Jordan burrows just confirmed Messenbrink was on the cal Baptist roster last year.  Ask him what that means ?

4 minutes ago, Caveira said:

I dunno.   Jordan burrows just confirmed Messenbrink was on the cal Baptist roster last year.  Ask him what that means ?

No he wasn't.

3 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

He was at Cal Baptist.  They gave him an offer that he accepted but then he kinda blew up after at the age group World Trials and World Championships. He choose to honor his commitment to them after.  If I have this right he competed in two open matches as a redshirt, then decided he needed to look at other options cause Cal Baptist didn’t seem to be a fit for his ambitions. He went home to finish his class work online.  Then got PSU to pick him up   

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/10319660-why-mitchell-mesenbrink-is-entering-the-portal

nope

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

Messenbrink was never at Cal B.

https://cbulancers.com/news/2022/11/5/mitchell-mesenbrink-go-undefeated-on-opening-day-for-cbu-wrestling.aspx

Trumps already has enough conspiracy theorist and deniers lined up for this years campaign, so need keeping up the dilusion. You are fine just come back to reality

Edited by MadMardigain

4 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

I get Jimbo alway reaching, but I’ll add a legitimate point here.  Sure individually some of them didn’t quite make it as far as last year but enter in people moving weights and coming back from injury or redshirts and you get some of that.  But on the team side of things the question would be was their “WAR” (in baseball terms) value enough to improve the teams chances. Did that team preform better by adding them to the lineup than if the squad went with who was slotted as the next man up instead.   I’d assume that’s a big enough yes for those teams to want to keep diving into the transfer portal to fill some of their gaps until a young recruit develops more. 

Love the WAR reference. 

1 minute ago, MadMardigain said:

https://cbulancers.com/news/2022/11/5/mitchell-mesenbrink-go-undefeated-on-opening-day-for-cbu-wrestling.aspx

Trumps already has enough conspiracy theorist and deniers lined up for this years campaign, so you are fine just come back to reality. 

Mitchell Mesenbrink and Caden Gerlach Go Undefeated On Opening Day For CBU Wrestling

That ain't Messenbrink.  

Just now, Fred said:

Messenbrink was an absolute badass before he got to Penn state. Even beat   Haines. He is not an example supporting your point 

Messenbrink again, who is this guy, is he related to Stevenson?