2024 NCAA Wrestling Championships - Session 1

nhs67

1 minute ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

No. For funsies I got really drunk this weekend and drew my bracket with everything possible going bad for Penn state, and I mean everything. I went ridiculously optimistic with my Hawkeyes and I still came up with PSU 119 Iowa 109

My brackets were ridiculous 

Hey we’re far from over - anything can still happen !

Just now, Doublehalf said:

Chittum was getting a ton of love in all the media run up to the tournament and I hadn't seen much of him this year and I'm a little disappointed 

I never have a good feeling about guys who get super fired up or majorly emotionally invested in their conference tournament.  Those guys rarely have the same level of showing at Nationals.

1 minute ago, wrestle87 said:

It's always wild to see, not all the guys bring their toolboxes with them to nationals

It’s such a mental sport which is why is so difficult to predict sometimes. In a nut shell it’s who shows up mentally vs who doesn’t Imho 

149 Pitt's Finn Solomon, the 31 seed, takes 2 seed Parco to the edge, losing 4-5.  Parco was hit three times for stalling in the third period, including one at :01 left.  Didn't see the video but he must have been pedaling his bicycle the whole period.  

Edited by lightweight
no spell check

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Shout out to Cornell for the job they’ve done with Ethan Fernandez, he was a 2x NJ 4th place finisher at 120, never a title contender for a small public high school and a 9 seed at ncaas picking up a rd 1 win 

I guess it helped working out with Vito, Yianni, and Meyer!