Flying below the radar at 184

Thomas Stewart from Va Tech is getting very little coverage.  He is going to be seeded low and is currently my top pick for being a major bracket buster.  That kid can wrestle like few I’ve seen.  

Seeding gods permitting, I’m calling him taking out Plott handily in a semifinal, and then having an absolute war for the ages with keckeisen in the finals.  I hope Pinto doesn’t hit him early bc, as crazy as this sounds, I don’t think Pinto has the horsepower to make his gameplan work against Stewart.

• Bob 1

8 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Thomas Stewart from Va Tech is getting very little coverage.  He is going to be seeded low and is currently my top pick for being a major bracket buster.  That kid can wrestle like few I’ve seen.  

Seeding gods permitting, I’m calling him taking out Plott handily in a semifinal, and then having an absolute war for the ages with keckeisen in the finals.  I hope Pinto doesn’t hit him early bc, as crazy as this sounds, I don’t think Pinto has the horsepower to make his gameplan work against Stewart.

Until Ryder Rodgotze decks him in dramatic fashion 👊👊

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Ohio Elite said:

Until Ryder Rodgotze decks him in dramatic fashion 👊👊

Oof, that is a possibility, that match could either be a major/tech for stewart, or he could be on his back and sent to the long side of the bracket in 45 seconds.

Also, Rogotzke, dude is basically bryce andonian in a 184 frame.  He doesn’t just play with fire, he’s practically made of it.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

No one wants to see Ryder Rogotzke on their side of the bracket. True freshmen. Very exciting to watch. He does all the moves that you teach your wrestlers not to do and is deadly. So unpredictable. He has a extremely high pace. He just keeps coming at you sort of like a tornado. Can you imagine him in the next 3 or 4 years.  With a good tournament I'm predicting top 5.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I've gotta talk about Rogotzke.  I thought he'd be a bust in college.  I was wrong.  He is a pinner from the word go.  He embraces techniques and strategies that most wrestlers are taught to shy away from.  He incorporates them into common wrestling situations and often uses one "big" move to set up another.  We call him "unorthodox" because he's unconventional but technique works when you practice it enough to be comfortable with it in a variety of situations.  In my opinion, he's a year away from being a very serious title contender and possibly on multiple occasions.  Think Wade Schalles or Ben Askren.

• Bob 1

15 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

Tj Stewart looked the best he ever has at ACC, surprised but glad he went 184 (he was 195 in hs) but he seems so quick and athletic down at 184 I could see him placing high in 2 weeks