Starocci

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

How?

(Iowa to PSU)

Lee vs Carter - my opinion is strong and wouldn’t be appropriate here. Lee is just a faint mEmory to me for various reasons. He will never be at a Robles level- never. His era is over. 

• Clown 1

Trade offer:

Starocci is given the championship right now, with immediate effect. 4’x’er, here’s your medal, trophy and bracket.

In exchange-

His season is over, off he goes to nether regions. No more twitter/FB/IG/Reels/Threads/Zoom/Teams/Forums/Chatrooms et al.

Do we the Board of Intermat (formerly TheMat) accept these terms?

7 minutes ago, Rassling said:

EXACTLY- hahahaha!

Just to be clear - Robles created an opportunity for himself after wrestling because he genuinely cares about people. Lee, well let’s just leave it at that. He will NEVER command an audience like this guy and others 

Edited by Rassling
  • Clown 1

I know he thinks he can go but every wrestler would have been gunning for that leg and there are a few guys who would have had no issue tweaking it if they could.  Cael is right to protect him, even from himself.

I'm hoping not but this could turn into a Suriano situation.  Carter could not wrestle at the NCAA tournament and then transfer and wrestle somewhere else next year. 

I would hope not but if his ego clouds sound decision making and judgement it could happen.

4 hours ago, Rassling said:

Tell you what, visit the PSU board to see how this whole thing materialized, and still is. I’m still reading through it all. Fascinating to say the least. 

I just wasted a lot of time trying to find what you are talking about.  What was fascinating about that thread?  

11 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

I just wasted a lot of time trying to find what you are talking about.  What was fascinating about that thread?  

Haha who are you kidding negative energy. 

• Clown 1

Big12 Chamlionship Live ESPN2 @ 830pm est.

Pac12 Championship’s Live Pac12  network @ 900pm est

ACC Championships Live ACCN network currently on from 700pm - 900pm est.

As per Xfinity Cental PA channel lineups

"This Starocci stuff has the potential to rival all the drama around Spencer Lee's last match ... especially with 10 days without wrestling between conference championships and NCAAs.  Though it has a long way to go to reach A. J.  Ferrari  proportions." Thus spoke:No Drama Llama

Edited by SocraTease

11 hours ago, PSULou64 said:

I know he thinks he can go but every wrestler would have been gunning for that leg and there are a few guys who would have had no issue tweaking it if they could.  Cael is right to protect him, even from himself.

I'm hoping not but this could turn into a Suriano situation.  Carter could not wrestle at the NCAA tournament and then transfer and wrestle somewhere else next year. 

I’d be shocked if he doesn’t wrestle NCAA’s.

I know before this weekend many of the people that thought he’d be back next year thought so because of NIL.  But even before this weekend I was skeptical there was much NIL in it for him at PSU if he wasn’t totally committed to coming back, especially since their lineup will still be loaded even without him.

But if he enters the portal??  Now that would garner some serious NIL…

I think Starocci would be crazy not to wrestle if he is healthy enough to go.   

Winning NCAAs is probably his only realistic way to qualify for Olympic trials.

Winning a 4th would cement his legacy in the sport. Otherwise, he would likely be forever stuck behind Brooks and only in the conversation with three-timers like Nolf, Nickal, and Retherford.

Winning a 4th would likely provide him with some endorsement money and further opportunities.

Not wrestling would likely end his ties with NLWC, the best place to train.

Not wrestling would likely alienate him from the coaches and many guys on the team with whom he is connected for the past 5 years.

And, last but least, not wrestling would make him the subject of conversation for who-knows-how-long on wrestling forums.  For a while, references might surpass Downey, Ferrari, Spencer Lee, and of course Jimmy Cinnabon 

Agree with these posts above.  I'd be very surprised if he doesn't change his mind. 

If he doesn't wrestle it would be a singular and disastrous act of petulance with no comparable anywhere in sports that I can think of. 

A national champion quitting on his team before the championship because of a disagreement over playing time when the coach's decision was based on protecting his health.  This would follow him his entire life and could even affect his job prospects in some areas.  

He'd be completely nuts to follow through on the tweet and he should feel fortunate if his coaches and teammates forgive him and allow him to compete.  For his sake I hope he already understands he owes a sincere apology or that someone (Taylor or Brooks, preferably, Cael or Casey if necessary) has a heart to heart with him and gets through to him.