World cup Wrestling

jajensen09

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Feel free to chime in on the actual topic we're discussing.

I did.

If you wish to chitterchat more on the World Cup, cool.  If you wish to continue down this rabbit hole you're stumbling through - feel free to make your own thread on it, in the appropriate subforum of course.

• Stalling 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I did.

If you wish to chitterchat more on the World Cup, cool.  If you wish to continue down this rabbit hole you're stumbling through - feel free to make your own thread on it, in the appropriate subforum of course.

But you didn't - you went off topic and on a 'stereotype' tirade. Incredibly bad take.

I'm still in discussion with the Amir - good exchange so far.

Why are you trying to censor us? He seems like a cool guy, and we're getting to common ground.

25 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Why are you trying to censor us?

Where did I do that?

I asked you to make a thread in it, in fact - just in the appropriate location.

This way it doesn't get buried and so long as people can adult, the thread will be able to be it's own standalone thing that folks can refer to and discuss.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Where did I do that?

I asked you to make a thread in it, in fact - just in the appropriate location.

This way it doesn't get buried and so long as people can adult, the thread will be able to be it's own standalone thing that folks can refer to and discuss.

I like it here. It is working just fine.

Maybe take your "appropriate" judgements somewhere else, where you "can adult", that might be better for you.

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

When I look at 40+ years of evil behavior by a regime, that implies a level of popular support. Otherwise, that regime would be gone by now.

But, yes, you're right. My view didn't take 1000's of years of history into account. I currently live in a country that is 243 years old. Our perspectives on the definition of culture may be quite different.

My only point was that I don't think it's fair to call what the government has been doing to Iranian people as part of their culture. Maybe it's a lost in translation thing that I'm not getting but to me that means that Iranians are ok with not having freedom to protest which is completely not true. If we gather anything about Iranian culture from these protests it should be that Iranians are a resilient bunch that still want their voices to be heard even when their government is murdering them and their children.

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

My only point was that I don't think it's fair to call what the government has been doing to Iranian people as part of their culture. Maybe it's a lost in translation thing that I'm not getting but to me that means that Iranians are ok with not having freedom to protest which is completely not true. If we gather anything about Iranian culture from these protests it should be that Iranians are a resilient bunch that still want their voices to be heard even when their government is murdering them and their children.

Hi Amir:

I've re-read this post a half dozen times to be sure ... I respect every word you've written.

I retract anything I posted that implies that Iranians are OK with not having freedom to protest. That was unintended.

What I'm seeing are brave people fighting for their rights. Best of luck to all of them.

And you, as well.

• Fire 3

7 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I like it here. It is working just fine.

Maybe take your "appropriate" judgements somewhere else, where you "can adult", that might be better for you.

Look, mate, you're taking this all wrong.

The only thing specifically directed at you  that wasn't generalized was the 'You're talking to an Irani about Irani culture: Listen.'

If you took offense to any of that, thicken up.

This isn't TheMat.  Political discussions aren't forbade here.  In fact, they are encouraged. 

Me asking you to make a thread anew was encouragement, not censorship.  A discussion like what you are having absolutely deserves eyes on it.  People aren't going to come to a thread titled 'World cup Wrestling' looking for it.

That is all.  There is no reason or cause to be offended.

34 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Can you give us an executive summary? I refuse to give clicks to those turds in the punch bowl.

He basically told them they need to be proud to be Americans - rather than look for every way to discredit victories, praise them.  He pointed out the various ways they dogged on several gents without even acknowledging that some had career weekends.

Examples that were already mentioned and discussed within this thread, such as Jackson going nuts, Pantaleo earning two (2) top ten wins on the weekend, Richards not just beating a 2022 Worlds medalist but teching him, Zillmer being right there to win it against the Mongol that beat Geno, Zahid beating Karimi 5-3 who was only losing 5-4 until the end of the match with Yazdani, the Irani who beat JB having had possibly the best month a 79 KG has had... ever... rather than dog on JB for losing to a 2nd stringer.

He even called out CP in saying he had written an article on the 79 KG Irani gent having had a career month on the site that he is a director of.

He was gentle for obvious reasons, but he didn't really hold back from calling them out on basically everything.

VNJ @Jon_Kozak, please tell them the scum approved.

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 2

12 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Look, mate, you're taking this all wrong.

The only thing specifically directed at you  that wasn't generalized was the 'You're talking to an Irani about Irani culture: Listen.'

If you took offense to any of that, thicken up.

This isn't TheMat.  Political discussions aren't forbade here.  In fact, they are encouraged. 

Me asking you to make a thread anew was encouragement, not censorship.  A discussion like what you are having absolutely deserves eyes on it.  People aren't going to come to a thread titled 'World cup Wrestling' looking for it.

That is all.  There is no reason or cause to be offended.

Wasn't offended - no wilting daisies here. The thing is that you missed what was actually happening on the thread.

He and I were listening to each other from the start. We were having a good discussion. Turned out to be an early misunderstanding that we sorted out very quickly.

Your take was awful, you had it all wrong from the beginning. Maybe read carefully and think before pulling a Jenkins next time.

2 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Wasn't offended - no wilting daisies here. The thing is that you missed what was actually happening on the thread.

He and I were listening to each other from the start. We were having a good discussion. Turned out to be an early misunderstanding that we sorted out very quickly.

Your take was awful, you had it all wrong from the beginning. Maybe read carefully and think before pulling a Jenkins next time.

I did read it, and I also read you apologizing for assuming incorrectly.

No difficulty in reading there, mate.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I did read it, and I also read you apologizing for assuming incorrectly.

No difficulty in reading there, mate.

I get it... you have the "I'm a hammer 24/7 schtick going on." That's one choice.

But, no. I didn't apologize for assuming incorrectly. Not even a tiny bit. It appears you can read, but thinking is the problem.

• Stalling 1