Tight team race

jajensen09

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

All @jajensen09 needs is to be right.

Using his PSU and Nebraska scenarios above, Neb scores about 95 plus bonus while PSU gets about 78 plus bonus.

Ohhhh.  You know I hadn't really been paying attention to usernames.  I get it now.  JaJensen is a Jimmy alt account.  This makes a lot more sense now.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

I just don't think Psu has as deep of a lineup as they think they have 

If they win without two guys who would otherwise be #1 seeds would you insanely not call that a deep line up? 

38 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Yeah, if they all drastically perform under expectation and suffer multiple injuries to probable champs they MIGHT take 2nd place? They’re either “deep”(very good) or everyone else is ridiculously bad. Which one is it?

7 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Van Ness is not a #1 ... 

He was before the injury.  Then gets replaced by a true freshman wrestling up a weight now ranked in the top 10.  You're a year too early on the PSU is going to collapse at NCAA's.  Next year there are plenty of avenues for other teams to take the crown

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

6 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

He was before the injury.  Then gets replaced by a true freshman wrestling up a weight now ranked in the top 10.  You're a year too early on the PSU is going to collapse at NCAA's.  Next year there are plenty of avenues for other teams to take the crown

yeah but its barely even "hate" if you wait around for the right time...

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Team that can beat penn state if they all get blessed by god the night before NCAA's and everything that could go wrong for psu does

NC state

Camacho stays in form wins 125

Orine draws in opposite side of fix and vito is not healthy/is cutting for trials already makes finals

ryan jack reaches back on beau in the quarters like he did eierman but gets the fall call and then proceeds to beat whoever the 4 seed is makes the finals but loses because lightning cannot possibly strike 3 times

Jackson arrington gets the first takedown on ridge then chooses neutral and proceeds to circle but gets 2 stall calls on ridge for getting himself pushed out. Goes on to stun henson in the finals.

Ed scott throws people and gets a lot of pins AA's

I got nothing at 165

Nc state says f it and pulls singletons red shirt for confrences and he shows why he beat gabe arnold in 2 matches at u20's takes out a hobbled carter in the semis and avenges his ACC finals loss to mehki (in this hypothetical he loses to mehki at acc's)

Fishback steals all of tj stewarts speed like its space jam and AA's

Trent beats Aaron in the finals (the most realistic prediction on here imo) and celebrates by punching himself with one hand and holding a hoagie with the other

trephan AA's 

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah but its barely even "hate" if you wait around for the right time...

Good point.  I think I'm wrong about the SVN ranking.  I don't think he ever jumped Lovett in the rankings.  And now come to think of it it's hard to see them not winning it next year.  They only lose 2 (AB & Carter) & SVN returns which will be an upgrade at 149.   

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

12 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Edited by jajensen09

14 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Team that can beat penn state if they all get blessed by god the night before NCAA's and everything that could go wrong for psu does

NC state

Camacho stays in form wins 125

Orine draws in opposite side of fix and vito is not healthy/is cutting for trials already makes finals

ryan jack reaches back on beau in the quarters like he did eierman but gets the fall call and then proceeds to beat whoever the 4 seed is makes the finals but loses because lightning cannot possibly strike 3 times

Jackson arrington gets the first takedown on ridge then chooses neutral and proceeds to circle but gets 2 stall calls on ridge for getting himself pushed out. Goes on to stun henson in the finals.

Ed scott throws people and gets a lot of pins AA's

I got nothing at 165

Nc state says f it and pulls singletons red shirt for confrences and he shows why he beat gabe arnold in 2 matches at u20's takes out a hobbled carter in the semis and avenges his ACC finals loss to mehki (in this hypothetical he loses to mehki at acc's)

Fishback steals all of tj stewarts speed like its space jam and AA's

Trent beats Aaron in the finals (the most realistic prediction on here imo) and celebrates by punching himself with one hand and holding a hoagie with the other

trephan AA's 

The pack has a real good shot a team trophy. It pained me to say it as a VT fan but it’s true. 

22 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Good point.  I think I'm wrong about the SVN ranking.  I don't think he ever jumped Lovett in the rankings.  And now come to think of it it's hard to see them not winning it next year.  They only lose 2 (AB & Carter) & SVN returns which will be an upgrade at 149.   

isn't truax gone?

• Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

I see this kind of post basically every year, since not everyone looks their best all year.

History shows Cael has peaking down to a science rather than it's some continued act of God.

On 2/27/2024 at 10:17 AM, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah but now you have to put a team next to them. Which team other team has the best shot at multiple champs?

IMO, in order, and who I think has a non-negligible chance to win.  (Edit:  I guess I’m still assuming Starocci wins, for the purpose of this exercise are we assuming he’s out?  That’s really the only chance another team would have of winning, and of course quite a few of the teams below would still have no chance, but it was fun to see who I thought could have a shot at 2 champs)

Cornell: Vito, Shapiro, maybe throw in Foca

Nebraska: Lovett, Robb, Smith, Pinto

OK State: Fix, Plott, Spratley

Lehigh: Crookham, Stanich, maybe throw in Beard

Arizona State: Parco, Figueroa, Teemer

Iowa State: Carr, Bastida, maybe throw in Echemendia, Chittum, and Swiderski

Missouri: O’Toole, Surtin, Mauller if he doesn’t wrestle Shapiro

Michigan: DeAugustino, Gomez, Ragusin, Lewan (please God I hope Lewan doesn’t make the finals but he could), maybe throw in Lemley

Iowa: Woods, Ayala

Minnesota: Blockhus, McKee, Salazar

NC State: Camacho, Jack, Arrington, Hidlay, Scott

Virginia Tech: Henson, Flynn

Oregon State: Munoz, Kaylor

Stanford: Cardenas, Provo

Lock Haven: Noto, Henson

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, 1032004 said:

IMO, in order, and who I think has a non-negligible chance to win.  (Edit:  I guess I’m still assuming Starocci wins, for the purpose of this exercise are we assuming he’s out?  That’s really the only chance another team would have of winning, and of course quite a few of the teams below would still have no chance, but it was fun to see who I thought could have a shot at 2 champs)

I think Ramirez has a better shot than does Foca.  Ramirez has career wins over two NCAA champions (Griffith, Carr), including Carr this year.  O'Toole is likely a bridge too far.

9 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Nebraska: Lovett, Robb, Smith, Pinto

OK State: Fix, Plott, Spratley

Lehigh: Crookham, Stanich, maybe throw in Beard

Arizona State: Parco, Figueroa, Teemer

Iowa State: Carr, Bastida, maybe throw in Echemendia, Chittum, and Swiderski

Missouri: O’Toole, Surtin, Mauller if he doesn’t wrestle Shapiro

Michigan: DeAugustino, Gomez, Ragusin, Lewan (please God I hope Lewan doesn’t make the finals but he could), maybe throw in Lemley

Iowa: Woods, Ayala

Minnesota: Blockhus, McKee, Salazar

NC State: Camacho, Jack, Arrington, Hidlay, Scott

Virginia Tech: Henson, Flynn

Oregon State: Munoz, Kaylor

Stanford: Cardenas, Provo

Lock Haven: Noto, Henson

I'd put Smith in for nebraska at 125. 

2 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

I think Ramirez has a better shot than does Foca.  Ramirez has career wins over two NCAA champions (Griffith, Carr), including Carr this year.  O'Toole is likely a bridge too far.

Good point.

56 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

I'd put Smith in for nebraska at 125. 

I did 🙂