Tight team race

jajensen09

Now this is not my prediction! But this could happen. There is a reason we wrestle and not just hand the crown over before it happens.

125 -Davis No AA

133 Nago No AA

141 beau 7th

149 No AA

157 Shiperio beats Levi in quarters. Levi AA

165 Mitchell AA

174 Starocci injury is pretty bad (hope this isn't case)

184 low AA 7th

197 highly unlikely Brooks takes an L champ here

Heavyweight Batistida or Schultz beats Kirk. Kirk 3rd.

This would tighten up the race. Not likely, but these things could happen....

• Fire 1

If Davison and DeAug could take 2nd and Ragusin become a champ then Michigan tightens the race some. PSU just has way more championship locks than the others. In fact, it’s probably more likely Penn State gets 2 champions than ANY of Michigan, Iowa, Nebraska and Nc State put together getting two. 

7 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah but now you have to put a team next to them. Which team other team has the best shot at multiple champs?

I would suggest Nebraska and Michigan but it’s super unlikely to happen for either. 

• Fire 1

Wishful thinking.   

Barring injury I don't see how Beau can finish as low as 7th.   

You still have them with 6 AAs and at least 2 finalist and a 3rd.   I don't think anyone can top that.  

Outside of getting the same flu Mizzou got, PSU will have it locked up before Saturday night. 

1 hour ago, Dogbone said:

Wishful thinking.   

Barring injury I don't see how Beau can finish as low as 7th.   

You still have them with 6 AAs and at least 2 finalist and a 3rd.   I don't think anyone can top that.  

Outside of getting the same flu Mizzou got, PSU will have it locked up before Saturday night. 

There's 5 guys just in the big 10 that could beat beau

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah but now you have to put a team next to them. Which team other team has the best shot at multiple champs?

Nebraska Smith top 3, van dee AA, hardy top 4, ridge champ, Robb, top 4, Taylor Aa, Pinto top 3, Allred AA. 

2 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

Now this is not my prediction! But this could happen. There is a reason we wrestle and not just hand the crown over before it happens.

125 -Davis No AA

133 Nago No AA

141 beau 7th

149 No AA

157 Shiperio beats Levi in quarters. Levi AA

165 Mitchell AA

174 Starocci injury is pretty bad (hope this isn't case)

184 low AA 7th

197 highly unlikely Brooks takes an L champ here

Heavyweight Batistida or Schultz beats Kirk. Kirk 3rd.

This would tighten up the race. Not likely, but these things could happen....

Shapiro beats Haines in the quarters? What seeds are you expecting for those two?

Big Ten’s will likely be close for several reasons, NCAA’s will likely be much wider. Starroci perhaps not being able to go could change that significantly.

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, MLB9 said:

Shapiro beats Haines in the quarters? What seeds are you expecting for those two?

Big Ten’s will likely be close for several reasons, NCAA’s will likely be much wider. Starroci perhaps not being able to go could change that significantly.

Well levi 1. Shaprio 8?

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

Well levi 1. Shaprio 8?

assuming meyer wins EIWA's (he should) I would imagine he slots in somewhere around 5-6 he has really good wins and if he does not win EIWA's hes just not beating levi.

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

Well levi 1. Shaprio 8?

15 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

assuming meyer wins EIWA's (he should) I would imagine he slots in somewhere around 5-6 he has really good wins and if he does not win EIWA's hes just not beating levi.

A) Meyer will win EIWA.  No one is beating him B)  He'll be seeded in the top 4 as a conference champ with wins over Mauller, Scott, Andonian, & Swisher

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

3 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

A) Meyer will win EIWA.  No one is beating him B)  He'll be seeded in the top 4 as a conference champ with wins over Mauller, Scott, Andonian, & Swisher

I'm not sure he can jump Jacori/Zerban assuming they win conferences and I don't know if blockhus takes second at big10's if he will pass him or potentially franek taking second, I should have said 4/5 although that seeding is rather immaterial.

5 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I'm not sure he can jump Jacori/Zerban assuming they win conferences and I don't know if blockhus takes second at big10's if he will pass him or potentially franek taking second, I should have said 4/5 although that seeding is rather immaterial.

Meyer will jump every non conference champ.  And I highly doubt Zerban wins the Big 12s.  His schedule has been a cake walk

Edited by PortaJohn

15 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

Who do you think beats Zerban?

I'd favor Chittum, Mauller, & Teague over Zerban.  Jared Hill  & Cael Swensen are a toss ups

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

There's 5 guys just in the big 10 that could beat beau

I think you might be mistaking keeping the score close with the ability to beat Bartlett. 

Even if we assume you're saying Woods, Mendez, Hardy and Lemley could beat him...who's the fifth guy? 

I do think there are guys in the B1G who can beat him, but there aren't five.

27 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I'd favor Chittum, Mauller, & Teague over Zerban.  Jared Hill  & Cael Swensen are a toss ups

You wanna bet on that? Loser leaves the board forever...

Lol, Jk I was curious which guys you thought had a chance to beat him. 

I just recently heard of him cause of the win over Haines last year. And his ranking 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

Who do you think beats Zerban?

My guy Cael Swensen beat him last time they wrestled. Zerban has a really nice win over Cardenas and a solid win over Saldate this year but that is pretty much it. The wrestlestat algorithm has 3 Big 12 guys in front of him: Chittum, Downey, Mauller. 

• Fire 1