Messenbrink #2

Zahnarzt

17 hours ago, Zahnarzt said:

If KOT loses to Carr in BIG-12 finals, does MM get the #1 seed at NCAA’s if he is still undefeated?

In that scenario will he? Yes. Should he? That's a question that cannot be accurately answered until after NCAAs.

i am an idiot on the internet

35 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

In that scenario will he? Yes. Should he? That's a question that cannot be accurately answered until after NCAAs.

I think a 1 loss carr may still garner the 1 seed given his loss does not have a loss to MM and the committee can move within one spot of what the forumla spits out, and I doubt the consensus will be that KOT and carr should hit in the semis.

38 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I think a 1 loss carr may still garner the 1 seed given his loss does not have a loss to MM and the committee can move within one spot of what the forumla spits out, and I doubt the consensus will be that KOT and carr should hit in the semis.

An undefeated B1G champ is not going to be seeded lower than any other conference champ with >=1 loss. Too many mathematical factors will rule it out.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

An undefeated B1G champ is not going to be seeded lower than any other conference champ with >=1 loss. Too many mathematical factors will rule it out.

I agree the committee is allowed to move someone within one seed of what the formula spits out so I was saying I could see them moving carr to 1 and MM to 2 to avoid a Carr vs Keegan semi. Not entirely sure I would agree with that, but I think its possible.

21 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I agree the committee is allowed to move someone within one seed of what the formula spits out so I was saying I could see them moving carr to 1 and MM to 2 to avoid a Carr vs Keegan semi. Not entirely sure I would agree with that, but I think its possible.

In this scenario.  I think they'd go MM #1, Ramirez #2, Carr #3, KOT #4.  They Could justify it

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

I agree the committee is allowed to move someone within one seed of what the formula spits out so I was saying I could see them moving carr to 1 and MM to 2 to avoid a Carr vs Keegan semi. Not entirely sure I would agree with that, but I think it's possible.

I am fully in support of KOT and Carr on opposite sides. It pays fan service for a huge rivalry while also allowing Messanbrenk the opportunity to Ric Flair it up. Carr and KOT deserve special treatment and the loser of Big 12 should have to face Massabrink Friday night. I just don't see it happening unless KOT wins Big 12s unfortunately.

• Fire 1

Think about from an ESPN perspective: the final three matches are

1) 165 Carr goes out on top/ KOT can go for 4 and possibly stop the only 5 timer/ Messenbrink ascends as the chosen one

2) Starocci goes for #4

3) ehh 184 is a weight class for everyone to get another beer

4) Brooks goes for #4

That is high drama

Edited by bnwtwg
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

allowing Messanbrenk the opportunity to ... should have to face Massabrink Friday night.

11 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

1) Messenbrink ascends as the chosen one

8db1b0cb-8d48-4450-8fbf-93efcf1789dd_tex

7 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

No one knows.  But i do know a Mesenbrink is a titmouse on the edge of slope grazing land

titmouse or teetmouse ?

actually no ... I don't want to know

37 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I was hoping someone would notice. Haven't seen @nhs67 around lately so I wonder if he is coaching up Logan ThugMassabrink 🤔

Saw him pretty active on Willie's twitter x thread a few hours ago.  Doing his thing.  Talkin some smack.  Made a comment about Mineo.  The usual

Edited by PortaJohn

3 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

I was hoping someone would notice. Haven't seen @nhs67 around lately so I wonder if he is coaching up Logan ThugMassabrink 🤔

Needed a reset, mate.  High school season just ended and it's my first time coaching full time in decades.  I have been creeping and busting balls on Twatter.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Needed a reset, mate.  High school season just ended and it's my first time coaching full time in decades.  I have been creeping and busting balls on Twatter.

Ok sure ... but what about the ThugMassabrink?

• Fire 1

49 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Ahhhh part of me says THANK YOU SO F'ING MUCH!!

the other part says wtf were you thinking. Parents suck.

I hope the kids did well, the parents kept their shit in check, and your shoulders and hips are staving off another year of replacing.

Btw you owe 200 suicides and 1000 pushups for abandoning the team. Coach Carter rules sorry not sorry 

Edited by bnwtwg
  • Fire 1
  • Stalling 1

6 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

In this scenario.  I think they'd go MM #1, Ramirez #2, Carr #3, KOT #4.  They Could justify it

Don't see that happening.  Ramirez won't get #2 with his loss to Olejnik and getting majored by KOT in the dual.  And no offense to MM, he's been very impressive, but he's only wrestled 1 top ten guy this season (so far).  I don't see that getting him over Carr, and leaving Carr and KOT at 2 and 3.   If Carr beats KOT at Big 12's, I see it  1.Carr,  2.MM,  3.KOT,  4.Ramirez.

6 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

34 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Don't see that happening.  Ramirez won't get #2 with his loss to Olejnik and getting majored by KOT in the dual.  And no offense to MM, he's been very impressive, but he's only wrestled 1 top ten guy this season (so far).  I don't see that getting him over Carr, and leaving Carr and KOT at 2 and 3.   If Carr beats KOT at Big 12's, I see it  1.Carr,  2.MM,  3.KOT,  4.Ramirez.

But what if Hamiti wins b10 and Hall gets 2nd at B12?

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

Mesenbrink has 3 wins over top 10 guys in Flo Rankings Caliendo, Fish & Taylor or Intermat Caliendo, Fish & Amine.  He also has a victory over another top 15 guy in both rankings Bryce Hepner.  Ramirez also has the head to head over Carr.  In the scenario where MM wins Big 10 and Carr wins Big 12 it's very plausible it goes #1 MM, #2 Ramirez, #3 Carr, #4 KOT.  

Edited by PortaJohn

6 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Mesenbrink has 3 wins over top 10 guys in Flo Rankings Caliendo, Fish & Taylor or Intermat Caliendo, Fish & Amine.  He also has a victory over another top 15 guy in both rankings Bryce Hepner.  Ramirez also has the head to head over Carr.  

I was going by coaches rankings, but I did miss Fish.  And the decision over Carr is nice, but I don't think it outweighs getting majored by KOT, in addition to his other loss as well.  At best, Ramirez heads to nationals with 2 losses, more than any of the other 3 will have should Carr beat KOT.  His only hope at a 2 seed is if both Carr and MM lose, and then maybe. 

28 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Mesenbrink has 3 wins over top 10 guys in Flo Rankings Caliendo, Fish & Taylor or Intermat Caliendo, Fish & Amine.  He also has a victory over another top 15 guy in both rankings Bryce Hepner.  Ramirez also has the head to head over Carr.  In the scenario where MM wins Big 10 and Carr wins Big 12 it's very plausible it goes #1 MM, #2 Ramirez, #3 Carr, #4 KOT.  

This is a really good scenario. Carr gets to settle the score with Ramirez (who might be a tough match up for him) and we get the pleasure of enjoying a succulent match between KOT and MM. Just watch it turn out to be a cagey 4-2 snoozer. 

This is a weight where I wish we had true third, as impractical as it may be

6 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

This is a really good scenario. Carr gets to settle the score with Ramirez (who might be a tough match up for him) and we get the pleasure of enjoying a succulent match between KOT and MM. Just watch it turn out to be a cagey 4-2 snoozer. 

This is a weight where I wish we had true third, as impractical as it may be

There is a true third correct?  Think you mean true second.