Russia sanctions

ionel

4 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Do you really think 12 "companies" can collude to fix prices?  I did check our fridge & pantry and found a couple on the list.  If prices too high, don't eat out or grow your own beef & vegetables ... or chicken & tofu if you're into that sort of thing.  

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I am worse off financially comparatively from 5 years ago.  This is do to cut backs at work, 401k performance, and inflation.  I am making less and my dollar doesn't go as far.  I am still comfortable due to having zero debt except for my mortgage, but I can see why people could really be struggling right now.  

Was there a reason you asked this?

Simple curiosity of those engaging here. 

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

Do you really think 12 "companies" can collude to fix prices?  I did check our fridge & pantry and found a couple on the list.  If prices too high, don't eat out or grow your own beef & vegetables ... or chicken & tofu if you're into that sort of thing.  

You can just eat cereal.  With water, I guess would be the cheapest way. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2024/02/26/kellogg-ceo-gary-pilnick-cereal-for-dinner-remarks/72752422007/

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

And if you're already doing that? 

I'm guessing you're going to say, 'there's something else they can cut.' The answer to that is sure. So if they're doing that too? And so on and so on. 

Nothing else can be squeezed. What do they do? 

You have internet so no you’re not doing it yet. 

5 hours ago, mspart said:

What does encounter  mean and what happens to those people that were encountered?   It seems to me that those encountered are allowed to continue into the interior which is why NYC, Chicago, and DC are screaming.   

mspart

They all get let in and they get  a court date for their hearing unless they are a murderer. Of course there are no documents or paper work to check. Their hearings could be months or years away. In other words, they will never appear in court as they melt into our society never to be seen again.

42 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Simple curiosity of those engaging here. 

I believe if you have been living within your means , have gotten your debt way down and have learned to save money (3 months of expenses in savings minimum) for rainy days you probably have been doing ok .  Those of us who have been through different hardships have come to realize living within your means is essential. Because shit happens.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Would this be a good time to flood the smokers thread with creative experiments? 

Given high cost of food controlled by those evil 12, maybe some good free food examples.

smoked squirrel

smokers racoon

smoked back yard gator 

for our northern friends: smoked gopher 

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

35 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I believe if you have been living within your means , have gotten your debt way down and have learned to save money (3 months of expenses in savings minimum) for rainy days you probably have been doing ok .  Those of us who have been through different hardships have come to realize living within your means is essential. Because shit happens.

I think everyone has hardships of one form or another….no?

• Fire 1

31 minutes ago, ionel said:

Given high cost of food controlled by those evil 12, maybe some good free food examples.

smoked squirrel

smokers racoon

smoked back yard gator 

for our northern friends: smoked gopher 

No smoked Possum?

Wolf:

David Asmuth, executive chef for the University of Wyoming’s Catering and Events Department, told Cowboy State Daily that he’s far more skeptical about wolf being a palatable dish.

“Here’s what you do. You cover the wolf in cow manure, and then you bake it for about an hour and a half until the manure forms a hard shell around the wolf,” he said.

“Then then you remove the shell of manure, throw the wolf away and eat the manure,” he added.

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, ionel said:

Wolf:

David Asmuth, executive chef for the University of Wyoming’s Catering and Events Department, told Cowboy State Daily that he’s far more skeptical about wolf being a palatable dish.

“Here’s what you do. You cover the wolf in cow manure, and then you bake it for about an hour and a half until the manure forms a hard shell around the wolf,” he said.

“Then then you remove the shell of manure, throw the wolf away and eat the manure,” he added.

Kagogi   

13 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Move to Canada where they have free everything.  Bahahhahahaha 

Can't afford to do much of anything else other than live, eat, and work. Your suggestion is to uproot and move? Of course it would be. Now that your scenario has collapsed, will you alter your thinking? Sure you will.... BAHAHAHAHAHA! 

12 hours ago, ionel said:

How much capital would it take to start growing enough beef or veggies for a family to eat in a year? 

12 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

You have internet so no you’re not doing it yet. 

You're so defensive of your position that you keep using your imagination to come up with ways to prove to yourself that you aren't wrong. You are. But use that imagination to think of a scenario that you can't rationalize your way out of and your scenario will fall apart. Because what you really don't want to admit is that you have no empathy for people other than the ones you feel are worthy. That circle keeps getting smaller the older and angrier you get. 

I know, I know, psycho-babble. But your lashing out is more proof that I am right. Thanks. We all know people like you. They have horrible ideas but they are attached so deeply to who they feel they are as people that they can't let them go. Like a religion. Your prayer or mediation is denying people the benefit of your years of experience and struggle because you feel slighted and that they should 'suffer' like you did. I'll tell you a secret, you didn't make it out ok if this is your attitude towards others that are struggling. People that go through trauma don't want it visited on anyone else because of the effect it had on them. Some of those people don't have the tools to break the cycle and so perpetuate the trauma on those around them because they feel that its 'normal' because they lived through it. 

How is it that someone that volunteers to help people as you say you do. Does not have sympathy or empathy for other groups?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

You're so defensive of your position that you keep using your imagination to come up with ways to prove to yourself that you aren't wrong. You are. But use that imagination to think of a scenario that you can't rationalize your way out of and your scenario will fall apart. Because what you really don't want to admit is that you have no empathy for people other than the ones you feel are worthy. That circle keeps getting smaller the older and angrier you get. 

I know, I know, psycho-babble. But your lashing out is more proof that I am right. Thanks. We all know people like you. They have horrible ideas but they are attached so deeply to who they feel they are as people that they can't let them go. Like a religion. Your prayer or mediation is denying people the benefit of your years of experience and struggle because you feel slighted and that they should 'suffer' like you did. I'll tell you a secret, you didn't make it out ok if this is your attitude towards others that are struggling. People that go through trauma don't want it visited on anyone else because of the effect it had on them. Some of those people don't have the tools to break the cycle and so perpetuate the trauma on those around them because they feel that its 'normal' because they lived through it. 

How is it that someone that volunteers to help people as you say you do. Does not have sympathy or empathy for other groups?

I have sympathy for those here legally. Pretty simple. 

39 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Can't afford to do much of anything else other than live, eat, and work. Your suggestion is to uproot and move? Of course it would be. Now that your scenario has collapsed, will you alter your thinking? Sure you will.... BAHAHAHAHAHA! 

But but but Canada has all those lovely programs you seem to think we should throw money at.  Yet it has 1/10 the population the US has.  

37 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Defensive??  Haahahhahahahahah.  How’s that kitty Cat of yours? 

Edited by JimmyBT

52 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

You haven't established that they are staying. Let me know when you do. 

And you haven’t established they’re leaving.  Cities like Denver, NYC, Chicago and states like Texas, AZ and California are all in crisis mode over how to handle the numbers.  I think I’m safe in my assessment. For sure safer than you are. 

Edited by JimmyBT

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

How much capital would it take to start growing enough beef or veggies for a family to eat in a year? 

Folks used to do it.   Just give up internet, streaming, cable, cell phone service, second car etc.  Isnt eating more important than these things.