Bono NEEDS to go

19 hours ago, ionel said:

Messenbrink wouldn't even make it out of conference tourney with Askeen as his coach.  

MMW: If Mesinbrink wins a title this year he will be the only other guy to win four titles and go undefeated. It’s almost surely not going to happen with Carr and O’Toole in the weight class but if he does then book it. 

Edited by JimmyCinnabon

2 minutes ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

MMW: If Mesinbrink wins a title this year he will be the only other guy to win four titles and go undefeated. It’s almost surely not going to happen with Carr and O’Toole in the weight class but if he does then book it. 

You are talking about a different guy.

Just now, JimmyCinnabon said:

Care to fill me in? I’m an idiot and often times need someone to spell it out for me. I have a smooth brain. 🧠 

Spelling is the key, this is a Stevenson vs Steveson type thing.  Stevenson never panned out given all the hype.  😉

• Fire 1

Just now, ionel said:

Spelling is the key, this is a Stevenson vs Steveson type thing.  Stevenson never panned out given all the hype.  😉

That is true. This is the reason why I’m making my extremely bold and unlikely prediction today. I might add that everyone thought IMar was in the best position to win four undefeated titles as well. And while he did win his first two he did not win two while undefeated. 

I am making an extraordinarily bold claim but it does have a caveat of winning it this year while winning the B1G. My prediction is very unlikely to pass because I do not think Mesinbrink is ready to take down Carr/O’Toole but if he does then look out. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

That is true. This is the reason why I’m making my extremely bold and unlikely prediction today. I might add that everyone thought IMar was in the best position to win four undefeated titles as well. And while he did win his first two he did not win two while undefeated. 

I am making an extraordinarily bold claim but it does have a caveat of winning it this year while winning the B1G. My prediction is very unlikely to pass because I do not think Mesinbrink is ready to take down Carr/O’Toole but if he does then look out. 

How much are you willing to bet on Mesinbrink?  I'm willing to bet the farm (or shoebox per other thread) against.  

21 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

you're not a big fan of Treasure Island? Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? 

Well sure ... I just don't think Robert Louis was a very good wrestler and its more of a Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hydde thing.  😉

2 hours ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

I'm sure people on an internet message board would play a big factor in his choice to coach a college team 🤣

I can't see him leaving his current situation either.  Not worth the stress.

I don't see how the juice is worth the squeeze. 

But we will continue to hear his name pop up whenever a team starts to hit the skids. 

Edited by TexRef
Typo

5 hours ago, pokemonster said:

Everyone says he has no interest in leaving the state of Wisconsin though... Any chance he leaves for Mizzou job?

He does love that place… I’d be it would be a hard decision. Like hardest decision of his life.

AWA will thrive even after he’s gone, a college team getting him on staff would jump levels like crazy.

7 hours ago, ionel said:

How much are you willing to bet on Mesinbrink?  I'm willing to bet the farm (or shoebox per other thread) against.  

None.  But I wouldn't bet the farm against it, for one reason:  Vincenzo Joseph.

• Fire 1