Iowa-Wisconsin

VakAttack

Just now, VakAttack said:

14-3 Iowa.

What an accomplishment! They ducked at 125, beat unranked guys at 133 and 141 and then cried themselves to a victory at 149. Iowa wrestling is teaching today's youth to avoid tough matchups and then cheat to win if you're in trouble. It's no wonder they're dropping in the rankings and getting out-recruited. 

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

It was worth it to see the angry Bono 😁

Poor coaching from Bono. Zargo has choice due to the injury time. Should have Zargo take down to give him a chance at an escape then takedown to tie things up. Instead he was too busy screaming at the ref.

• Haha 1

Just now, buckshot said:

What an accomplishment! They ducked at 125, beat unranked guys at 133 and 141 and then cried themselves to a victory at 149. Iowa wrestling is teaching today's youth to avoid tough matchups and then cheat to win if you're in trouble. It's no wonder they're dropping in the rankings and getting out-recruited. 

Lol. Even if they award Zargo the TD, he would still have been losing the match, and he never scored a TD again.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Lol. Even if they award Zargo the TD, he would still have been losing the match, and he never scored a TD again.

that one was kind of weird, you can see why bono was pissed, but if you're the ref you can't just call a TD because the optics are bad...

• Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 minutes ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

Poor coaching from Bono. Zargo has choice due to the injury time. Should have Zargo take down to give him a chance at an escape then takedown to tie things up. Instead he was too busy screaming at the ref.

Had a better chance of 2 td on his feet especially if the knee was hurt, maybe Bono knows something.  

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

that one was kind of weird, you can see why bono was pissed, but if you're the ref you can't just call a TD because the optics are bad...

Yeah, I would have been furious too.  I think they should have awarded the TD, but the announcers said Rathjen told the ref he was hurt earlier.  All that said, Zargo was the outscored the rest of the match.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

You're right, nobody has ever come back to win a match when they were losing 4-3 and pushing the action. 

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Yeah, I would have been furious too.  I think they should have awarded the TD, but the announcers said Rathjen told the ref he was hurt earlier.  All that said, Zargo was the outscored the rest of the match.

Why not just alert the ref before the match starts? Just say "FYI, whenever I'm getting taken down it's because I'm injured." 🤣

Just now, buckshot said:

You're right, nobody has ever come back to win a match when they were losing 4-3 and pushing the action. 

He scored zero takedowns before or after this incident.  You're acting like the match was over after this.

3 minutes ago, Rassling said:

One thing I’ll say about Spencer Lee he always went for the pin. This new lineup seems to lack that same drive. 

You could say this about the majority of college wrestling, even Penn State, unfortunately.