Jump to content

If you lose you must be ailing.


Recommended Posts

That's the only way top tier wrestlers get beat.    That's always one of the excuses anyway.     There is someone new every week.  

Currently Nagao must be ailing.  

Cam Amine can't be right.  

Woods.   is obviously suffering.  ( FRL speculation)

Hendrickson had to be sick at the ALL Star.   

Shapiro was concussed,  or not.     

I think every one of then is still wrestling post trauma.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

And are you the only guy who wrestled and never got injured?

Not the point. 

The wrestlers aren't making the excuse.  Its pushed on the boards or on FRL or some other wrestling media.  Without fail.  In most cases the wrestlers  were wrestling shortly after the assertion that they were injured.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Not the point. 

The wrestlers aren't making the excuse.  Its pushed on the boards or on FRL or some other wrestling media.  Without fail.  In most cases the wrestlers  were wrestling shortly after the assertion that they were injured.  

So the point is you're speculating about speculation and are upset when they recover from injury too fast? Novel take.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

when I wrestled significantly worse than my usual self - there would typically be a reason -- wrestling through injury, mismanaged the the weight cut.  I ended up wrestling the first half of my sophomore year with carbon monoxide poisoning on a daily basis in just a moderate amount that built up and caused me all sorts of problems.  I even had a detector but it was a dud.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wtf?

Virtually all of the field is banged up in some way right now, it’s just a matter of how well they deal with it.  Sometimes, they deal with it poorly and it impacts their wrestling notably, but they keep it quiet bc that’s what you do in a sport that is about folding your opponent into shapes against their will.

This is an understood undercurrent to every wrestling season since the advent of the sport.  

Are you ignoring this and just saying people who have significant experience with the sport are all just tilting at windmills?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

I've never heard this one. I'm kind of in awe...

If my parents had more legal savvy, I'm sure there was a lawsuit to be had.  That was never my parents style though and they often bemoan those that would engage in petty lawsuits. I'd argue this one was not petty lol

Edited by flyingcement
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the other hand, the best I ever wrestled was when I had been counted out by everyone because of injury.  And that was my most impressive wrestling I've ever done.  I had to relearn how to walk after a nearly fatal car crash and was in a wheel chair in November and won the league conferences in February and placed 7th in states.  They even put me on a TV special on the local news for the comeback element (my wrestling on its own was never that level of noteworthy)

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

when I wrestled significantly worse than my usual self - there would typically be a reason -- wrestling through injury, mismanaged the the weight cut.  I ended up wrestling the first half of my sophomore year with carbon monoxide poisoning on a daily basis in just a moderate amount that built up and caused me all sorts of problems.  I even had a detector but it was a dud.  

This terrifies me.  I rented a place once that had been on the market for a little while, slept one night in it, woke up the next day after the worst nightmare and in the worst mood I can recall ever waking up in.

Pretty darn sure that was carbon monoxide.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

This terrifies me.  I rented a place once that had been on the market for a little while, slept one night in it, woke up the next day after the worst nightmare and in the worst mood I can recall ever waking up in.

Pretty darn sure that was carbon monoxide.  

Unusually bad headache is a key sign.  For us it was the furnace in the basement that had the ventilation tube blocked and my room was the next obvious place for the gas to escape.  Our family doctor eventually diagnosed it and asked us to check the carbon monoxide again.  We used a new detector and it went off sure enough.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

That's the only way top tier wrestlers get beat.    That's always one of the excuses anyway.     There is someone new every week.  

Currently Nagao must be ailing.  

Cam Amine can't be right.  

Woods.   is obviously suffering.  ( FRL speculation)

Hendrickson had to be sick at the ALL Star.   

Shapiro was concussed,  or not.     

I think every one of then is still wrestling post trauma.  

Amine, Woods, and Hendrickson all missed multiple consecutive matches. That usually suggests something was wrong.  Pretty confident Shapiro was concussed.

The only one that doesn’t belong on this list IMO is Nagao.  He lost a bunch of matches in the regular season last year too but then turned it on for NCAA’s, so hopefully for him that’s what happens this year too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

So the point is you're speculating about speculation and are upset when they recover from injury too fast? Novel take.

I giggled when I got to the word Novel

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I ended up wrestling the first half of my sophomore year with carbon monoxide poisoning on a daily basis in just a moderate amount that built up

 

8 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It took you 4 minutes to come up with stat boy? 

 

Monoxide Boy meet Stat Boy

  • Haha 2

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes I feel the same about posters....

  • They were really off their posting game,..must not be feeling well today? 
  • That's just a drunk post.
  • Did they just agree with what they arguing against for 36 pages? 
  • Did they even wrestle?
  • Yep, they voted for Biden.
  • It's okay if they never pay up on bets and write senseless never ending posts, we need them. 

 

  • Haha 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

That's the only way top tier wrestlers get beat.    That's always one of the excuses anyway.     There is someone new every week.  

Currently Nagao must be ailing.  

Cam Amine can't be right.  

Woods.   is obviously suffering.  ( FRL speculation)

Hendrickson had to be sick at the ALL Star.   

Shapiro was concussed,  or not.     

I think every one of then is still wrestling post trauma.  

“They were training through that meet”… a psu fan favorite 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    David Alonso

    Palm Desert, California
    Class of 2024
    Committed to California Baptist
    Projected Weight: 165

    Jarvis Little

    Summit, Tennessee
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Appalachian State
    Projected Weight: 133

    Ethan Uhorchuk

    Signal Mountain, Tennessee
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Chattanooga
    Projected Weight: 141

    Anthony Berg

    Whitney, California
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Cal Poly
    Projected Weight: 149, 157

    Alex Hutchcraft

    Smithville, Missouri
    Class of 2024
    Committed to Chattanooga
    Projected Weight: 157
×
×
  • Create New...