Minnesota @ Oklahoma State

poorwrestler

Big question still is whether Minny will have all their top guys in the lineup, OSU should have all their top starters.   Maybe there's a rodent or two on this here board who can give us the underground scoop?  

In Eggums coaches corner video this week he said McKee, Bergeland and Brayton would go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

How has Wittlake looked at 184? Very curious about that matchup. Salazar is a big, strong kid at the weight.

He looks like a 184lber.

That said, if Haas wasn't dinged up John would plug him in at 84 and drop Wittlake to 41.  😉

Edited by ionel

3 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

In Eggums coaches corner video this week he said McKee, Bergeland and Brayton would go.

When healthy Mastro did beat McKee but who knows.  This meet will have some very tough close matches. 

When healthy Mastro did beat McKee but who knows.  This meet will have some very tough close matches. 

And McKee is certainly not healthy right now. He also doesn’t usually perform as well in duals. I think 125 is a win for OSU while 141, 149 and 157 are wins for MN.

Bailee O’Reilly is a much better 174 than the rest of the country realizes. He will give Plott all he can handle.

Wresltestat has it as a OSU victory at 22-9, but it gives Bergeland the win at 141 and we might not see him:

https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/57/oklahoma-state/42/minnesota

125 - Tossup, they are 1-1 against one another

133 - Heavily favor OSU here, but the score will be closer than the match us.  Nagao us stingy.

141 - I think Young beats Bergeland if he shows and wins against whoever they throw out if otherwise

149 - Will we see Blockhus?  I am taking VV if he does or doesn't show.

157 - G and Lee will be a very interesting match if it happens.  Lee is a grinder who gasses people.

165 - Tossup.  Sparks or Carlson can beat Sheets, but Sheets wrestles good, close matches and is plenty capable if the W.

174 - Plott in a match that the score is closer than the match looks.

184 - Whittlake via Decision on Salazar or Foy.  The further in to the season we get the more comfortable Whittlake will be.

197 - Surber via domination on Joles.

285 - Doucet comfortably.

It is hard not to see a blowout for the 'boys being as we haven't seen the Gofa lineup at it's peak strength yet.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Wresltestat has it as a OSU victory at 22-9, but it gives Bergeland the win at 141 and we might not see him:

133 - Heavily favor OSU here, but the score will be closer than the match us.  Nagao us stingy.

141 - I think Young beats Bergeland if he shows and wins against whoever they throw out if otherwise

157 - G and Lee will be a very interesting match if it happens.  Lee is a grinder who gasses people.

165 - Tossup.  Sparks or Carlson can beat Sheets, but Sheets wrestles good, close matches and is plenty capable if the W.

184 - Whittlake via Decision on Salazar or Foy.  The further in to the season we get the more comfortable Whittlake will be.

It is hard not to see a blowout for the 'boys being as we haven't seen the Gofa lineup at it's peak strength yet.

Really looking forward to 149, is V^2 the real deal?  Who is this Whittlake kid?  🤔

Gophers put Bergeland as their promo picture for the dual, and Eggum said “Bergeland will make his season debut this weekend” 2 days ago.

Why wouldn’t Blockhus wrestle?

165, Carlson hasn’t wrestled all year. It’ll be Sparks.

45 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Why wouldn’t Blockhus wrestle?

No reason other than they haven't put together their 'full' lineup yet.  So zero reason for speculation on Blockhus, really.

I really think if both squads put out their #1s this could be a dogfight.  OSU would still be favored, but still.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

46 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

I never feel good about going into Gallagher-Iba, and I really don't like that the cowboys have been off for more than 2 weeks, and should be fresh, or hopefully rusty, haha.

Pistol Pete will be there with the shotgun, if a rodent in GIA - keep your head low, its not just a game of whack a mole with Pete.