A Majority of Idiots Voted For This Idiot And This Idiot Got Elected

10 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

... add making guns readily and easily available and legal to carry and you've pretty much nailed it.

(If you have the backbone to do that... some who are strictly about party lines aren't brave enough to cross them.)

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

SF has totally lost control of itself.   Putting a non citizen (especially a Chinese citizen) on a local election board is the definition of self destruction.   Now perhaps she is really interested in seeing elections be fair and even.   Or perhaps maybe not. 

mspart

On 2/19/2024 at 12:28 AM, Husker_Du said:

hey brainiac, what changed in portland gun laws between 2000-2022?

only abject morons cite gun control.

I didn't cite gun control...

On 2/18/2024 at 11:12 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

... add making guns readily and easily available and legal to carry and you've pretty much nailed it.

(If you have the backbone to do that... some who are strictly about party lines aren't brave enough to cross them.)

I cited making guns available - which is the opposite of gun control.

This question is more about why we keep making guns more readily available than they already are and what fictional problem that somehow solves.

You may need to make your way to the shallow end of the discussion pool if you can't keep your head above water.

you can't be this dumb. i refuse to believe that you think the reason the rates went up in portland (or anywhere for that matter) is b/c of open carry.

please cite your sources.

hell, please cite anecdotal instances where a person legally carrying was the cause of a homicide. 

• Fire 1

TBD

13 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

you can't be this dumb. i refuse to believe that you think the reason the rates went up in portland (or anywhere for that matter) is b/c of open carry.

hell, please cite anecdotal instances where a person legally carrying was the cause of a homicide. 

Licensed carry permit holders commit crimes at a lower rate than police officers.  

https://vpc.org/more-than-2200-non-self-defense-deaths-involving-concealed-carry-killers-since-2007-latest-violence-policy-center-research-shows/

More Than 2,200 Non-Self Defense Deaths Involving Concealed Carry Killers Since 2007, Latest Violence Policy Center Research Shows

For Release: Thursday, April 21, 2022

Overall, Concealed Carry Killers documents 1,981 fatal, non-self defense incidents since May 2007 in 40 states and the District of Columbia, resulting in the deaths of 2,240 people. Thirty-seven of the incidents were fatal mass shootings as defined by federal law (three or more victims killed), resulting in the deaths of 183 victims. At least 24 law enforcement officers have died at the hands of concealed carry killers since May 2007.

CCWbargraphApril2022b.jpg

This is a website that is a proponent of no concealed carry.   They cite over 2000 deaths since May 2007.   Of those, over 1200 are suicide, so that is not really a consideration.   They could have done that without a permit so now there are much less.   Of the rest, about 500 have been convicted, and as you can see the numbers go way down from there. 

So 800 homicides in 15 years, that's a rate of 53.3 homicides a year by people with concealed permits.   Putting this into perspective, Chicago had over 700 gun deaths per year since 2020.   2 a day.   Think of that.   Per https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/04/26/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/ , In 2021, 21000 murders with guns were perpetrated.   Perhaps 53 of those by people with concealed permits.   It would seem that there is plenty of reason to go after everyone else but concealed carry permit holders.   53 to 20947 which is a ratio of 1 to 395.   How many of the murders in 2021 were with illegal guns? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

A 2000 study showed a strong association between the availability of illegal guns and violent crime rates, but not between legal gun availability and violent crime rates.[212]

And there you have it.   Legal guns are not associated with violent crime rates whereas illegal guns or illegally held guns are. 

mspart

• Fire 5
  • Stalling 1

When my boys spit their gum out on the ballfield dugout floor, I ban gum from everyone.  I put the collective pressure on the team to leave the dugout better than they found it.  In contrast, you can't take guns away from the responsible majority; ownership is their right!

I throw out the bad fruit and keep the good in my home. Similarly, the officers can police the worst few blocks within the violent urban neighborhoods.  Buyback guns.  Check for gun compliance in all public police encounters.  Hold the guilty accountable with TDS-style persecution.  This has already been proven to work... duck politics and its inability to execute practical measures.

21 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Absolutely nothing I've posted is about Portland or Open Carry.

Seriously ... learn to read with critical thinking skills. If you don't know what that means - go find out (or PM me.)

I feel like I'm arguing with a wooden post. You need to do better, you're failing miserably.

I'm not just judging you; I can assist if you reach out. Or not. You decide.

On 2/18/2024 at 9:12 PM, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Also GreatWhiteNorth:

"I said nothing about Portland and open carry"

you're either trolling or on meds. 

TBD

image.png.4db4f45ff1c8a1256d931ef2202ca273.png

17 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Absolutely nothing I've posted is about Portland or Open Carry.

Are you sure?  What was that you said about reading comprehension?   Hopefully this is not too much for you to read and comprehend.   It's all you, and nothing but the you.  

But I will spell it out for you.  First you quote Husker's Portland murder chart and comment with "add making guns readily and easily available and legal to carry"  bolded here just like you did there.   And then you come back after this comment about Portland murders and say "Absolutely nothing I've posted is about Portland or Open Carry".   

In effect you said the bold about Portland murders and then say you didn't.   Trying to have your cake and eat it too but it just didn't work out for you.   "But it usually works, darn" you might say.   Maybe next time.   Facts are stubborn things.

mspart

mspart

• Fire 3
  • Clown 1

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

I know! I'm so enraged by this old,  deekrepitick, senile you know what word that I can't even think straight! I was so enraged by this old baffoon that I looked liked this as I was writing this.  Pic was taken minutes ago.

image.thumb.png.0326f444caf303744ce5b73dfc1d828f.png

• Haha 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

20 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Also GreatWhiteNorth:

"I said nothing about Portland and open carry"

you're either trolling or on meds. 

Hey clown show, put your thinking hat on:

• I said nothing about Portland at all.
  • I said nothing about "Open Carry" - anywhere.
    • I also said nothing about "Concealed Carry."
    • My post was about guns being easily available and legal to carry.
      The laws on how this is governed vary from state to state.

You are purposely being a dipshit again. 

This really reflects poorly on you. You're supposed to be a leader here, but you fail miserably.

3 hours ago, mspart said:

image.png.4db4f45ff1c8a1256d931ef2202ca273.png

Are you sure?  What was that you said about reading comprehension?   Hopefully this is not too much for you to read and comprehend.   It's all you, and nothing but the you.  

But I will spell it out for you.  First you quote Husker's Portland murder chart and comment with "add making guns readily and easily available and legal to carry"  bolded here just like you did there.   And then you come back after this comment about Portland murders and say "Absolutely nothing I've posted is about Portland or Open Carry".   

In effect you said the bold about Portland murders and then say you didn't.   Trying to have your cake and eat it too but it just didn't work out for you.   "But it usually works, darn" you might say.   Maybe next time.   Facts are stubborn things.

mspart

I am 100% sure. This stuff isn't rocket science. All the text and posts are there. Not hard to decipher.

Why so cranky in your post? If you take negative comments about Trump or the R's personally, you have a problem.
For those that take negative comments about Biden or D's personally. Same thing. Get off team R or team D.

Let's break it down:

• Chart by "EndWokeness" - I completely ignored the chart due to obvious bias and lack of credibility.
    Didn't care about the chart then, care even less about it now.
  • I DID respond to that post's text
    • "Let's defund the police, decriminalize drugs, and stop putting people in jail. What's the worst that could happen?"
    • I posted "add making guns readily and easily available and legal to carry and you've pretty much nailed it. (If you have the backbone to do that...)" which wasn't specific to Portland, just to the post text. And expanded the conversation include the backbone (which I believe is far more important than the rest.)
    • So, with the addition I posted and the previously posted list, the current list looks like this:
      • Defund the police
      • Decriminalize drugs
      • Stop putting people in jail
      • Make guns readily and easily available
      • Make guns legal to carry
    •  What I posted was the irony that list makers often don't have the backbone to admit to a complete list.
      • Per that same thing I posted that day - I stand 100% behind it. It's a good list.
      • Nobody else was willing to include my additions - the backbone seems to be a real problem.
      • And, no, I was in no way commenting on Portland or some states Open Carry laws.
        Didn't care about them then, care even less about them now.

All this typing makes me hungry. I think I'm going to go eat some of that cake I have.

you just keep digging yourself deeper.

i can't believe you actually spent all that time typing what you did.

the most revealing part in it is that you admit to responded to something that you didn't read. 

which is probably a large (but not total) reason why you sound so stupid on this. 

TBD

16 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

hey, GWS, how many of these 15 counties you think have relaxed gun laws

Without any apprehension, I can tell you that I won't be clicking on an xwitter link to a post by some guy named "iamyesyouareno' as if that dude has anything to say that I need to hear.

I get it. Some need to get confirmation from internet random weirdos. 

I don't.