The Croatia (Zagreb) Open Ranking Series Tournament

50S to go, McKenna gets warned for something.  Not sure what?

40S to go and McKenna in deep on a single.

Switches off to a double to come out the back... doesn't get it... ref lets the time go out... both wrestlers were trying to get in to better position the whole time... not sure about not calling it up sooner.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Could Deepak Punia make 74 KG?

I feel like he could.

In any case, I am off gents.  See ya'll in about five and a half hours.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Dean is so gassed right here... what the hell was that.  He tried to do a weak chest wrap and pulled him on to him for four points... now down 8-3.  The Azerbaijan guy hasn't tried to wrestle in five minutes of match time and he gave him the match there.

Dean definitely got outsmarted in this match. The Azerbaijan wrestled like a veteran, Dean wrestled like a rookie.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Real quick recap:

57 KG
Cruz loses in first round of Repechage to Bulgaria via 4-2 Decision.
Richards loses to Turkey in first round or Repechage via 17-8 Decision (match of the day...?)

61 KG
Joey Silva in the Bronze match.

65 KG
McKenna VS Rivera for Bronze.

70 KG
Zapf VS Switzerland for Bronze.

74 KG
Nolf VS Abouzaripash for Gold
- Nolf hasn't faced this Iranian yet... I believe this guy was 4th on their ladder last year, but he beat Emami 10-3, so...

86 KG
Marsteller VS Azerbaijan for Bronze

• Fire 1

Aman Aman with a first period tech in the Finals. Zane made it to the second period, so there. Seriously, the world is going to have to scout his step over from the seatbelt position. You're not supposed to do that! But he scored with it all tournament. Also, his forward pressure. Might have to time that. 

Here's how we get back at the Pan Am Games for giving us an Australian wrestling commentator and the UWW for providing an Englishman: We send over somebody from Tennessee to announce the 2024 Cricket World Cup.  

Another thing, how do Penn State fans feel about Jason Nolf (not my favorite wrestler) being number two in the United States at 74 kg behind Kyle Dake, who also wrestles for the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club, but never wrestled for PSU? 

Finesilver v Geo for bronze at 86

Finesilver gets a takedown with 3 secs to go in the first to lead 2-1 at the break.

GEO gets the push out in 2nd. Finesilver leads on criteria. 1:23 to go GEO gets the exposure off Finesilvers attack to lead 4-2. Finesilver still working the position to get behind, but GEO keeps the leg. Ref is letting them stay in position, GEO gets another exposure 6-2. Challenge thrown, but they keep going. They give the reversal to Finesilver 6-3 GEO.

They wait until there is only 6 secinds left to address the challenge? Almost 30 seconds went by from challenge to stoppage.

Challenge lost 7-3 GEO. And it ends that way.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

24 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Matthew Finesilver lost a hard-fought third-place match, but he can hold his head high knowing that he wears the perfect RAF mustache. You can see him waltzing into the Officer's Club after shooting down a Junkers 88 over the English Channel, can't you?  

"Bravo, Old boy. Jolly good show putting that bloke in the drink!"

• Fire 2

12 minutes ago, mspart said:

Yeah, I don't think Zane keeps his position on the team.  Tough tourney for a lot of guys. 

mspart

We'll see. Aman Aman is the real deal, though, and I don't see any other American beating him right now. Maybe, David Taylor. Zane is best when he goes back to ground and works out a plan with his team. Plus, he's now got a Croatia/Zagreb Open ranking series tournament Gold Medalist to work with in the room. He's really smart, and he'll come up with the best way to reach his goals.