Jan 06 challenge

7 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

antifa... lol

Slow Motion Art GIF

Antifa was there

Landon Copeland has been a self-avowed ANTIFA member since 2006. Copeland admitted that there were 18 fellow ANTIFA members with him at the Capitol on January 6, 2021. He also said from what he has seen, there are approximately 100 ANTIFA members entangled in the legal system as a result of January 6th.  You can watch an interview or read his letter.

https://www.therealj6.com/antifawasthere

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jross said:

Ashli Babbitt was shot by law enforcement.  Rosanne Boyland died of an amphetamine overdose.  Kevin Greeson and Benjamin Philips died naturally from coronary heart disease and hypertensive heart disease.

Three civilian deaths were natural causes due to pre-existing health conditions / non-violent factors.

Five cops died on a later date from natural causes and suicide.

This statement leaves out context and implies these folks died from J6 violence.

Did you prepare your words with Paul before you answered for him?

20 minutes ago, jross said:

Slow Motion Art GIF

Antifa was there

Landon Copeland has been a self-avowed ANTIFA member since 2006. Copeland admitted that there were 18 fellow ANTIFA members with him at the Capitol on January 6, 2021. He also said from what he has seen, there are approximately 100 ANTIFA members entangled in the legal system as a result of January 6th.  You can watch an interview or read his letter.

https://www.therealj6.com/antifawasthere

Look at the context of what I laughed at. " Did trump alone provoke it?" You then list off every one imaginable - with the exception of the politically motivated  MAGA and any  organizations aligned therein.  Those are the actual culprits.  The rest are peripheral and wound up being fodder for MAGA to absolve itself of responsibility.

7 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

1. no way a congressman sifts through 40k hours of video

2. election was rigged... which bubble burst has still not had evidence reviewed in the court of law.  (...Georgia case for example) any other examples?  It is a drop in the bucket relative to the scale of the election.

1. Forget 40k, it implies they didn't watch any video and we continue to learn more about how biased and derelict they were in their duties. note: I have not reviewed the larger context the quote comes from.

2. From reading a few court documents, plenty of cases are dismissed without merit.  Georgia has a chance with a chance for its real day in court after substantial time, appeals, and money.  There will be chaos if the case is heard and ballot inspection proves the charges.  Appeals in other states would have increased support/validation.  Unfortunately, the Georgia case will be deferred until too late for the 2024 election.  

There is some interesting information out there 

• RNC v. Gill, No. 03971 EQCV193154 (Iowa District Court, Woodbury County) - case
    • Issue: Challenged Woodbury County auditor who sent voters absentee ballot applications prepopulated with some of their voter information
    • Court held: Defendants knowingly violated the law, were ordered to stop, and the ballots that had been returned were invalid, ruled that the burden to the voters to re-request them was outweighed by the irreparable harm posed by i) inconsistent absentee voting procedures, and ii) the risk of fraud posed by pre-populated ballot request forms.
  • Wisconsin - case
    • The dissents are longer than the court opinions.  The court ruled against Trump, claiming that the doctrine of laches barred three of his claims and the fourth was meritless.  Here are excerpts from different dissenter statements:
      • Once again, in an all too familiar pattern, four members of this court... refuse to even consider the uniquely Wisconsin, serious legal issues presented. The issues presented in this case, unlike those in other cases around the United States, are based on Wisconsin statutory election law. Make no mistake, the majority opinion fails to even mention, let alone analyze, the pertinent Wisconsin statutes.
      • The Milwaukee County Board of Canvassers and the Dane County Board of Canvassers based their decisions on erroneous advice when they concluded that changes clerks made to defective witness addresses were permissible. And, the Dane County Board of Canvassers erred again when it approved the 200 locations for ballot collection that comprised Democracy in the Park. The majority does not bother addressing what the boards of canvassers did or should have done, and instead, four members of this court throw the cloak of laches over numerous problems that will be repeated again and again, until this court has the courage to correct them. The electorate expects more of us, and we are capable of providing it. Because we do not, I respectfully dissent.
      • The majority's failure to act leaves an indelible stain on our most recent election. It will also profoundly and perhaps irreparably impact all local, statewide, and national elections going forward, with grave consequences to the State of Wisconsin and significant harm to the rule of law. Petitioners assert troubling allegations of noncompliance with Wisconsin's election laws by public officials on whom the voters rely to ensure free and fair elections. It is our solemn judicial duty to say what the law is. The majority's failure to discharge its duty perpetuates violations of the law by those entrusted to administer it.
  • Fire 1

44 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Look at the context of what I laughed at. " Did trump alone provoke it?" You then list off every one imaginable - with the exception of the politically motivated  MAGA and any  organizations aligned therein.  Those are the actual culprits.  The rest are peripheral and wound up being fodder for MAGA to absolve itself of responsibility.

Those accountable are the people/companies who rigged the election, the courts that refused to review the evidence, the law/government agencies for instigating groups, Trump for calling it out, and all the individuals who chose their J6 actions.  To put this all on Trump is LOL.  

I thought you were LOL at Antifa since that is the word you highlighted, and there is much public discussion about how Antifa was not involved.  My bad for missing your larger context of LOL.

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jross said:

Those accountable are the people/companies who rigged the election, the courts that refused to review the evidence, the law/government agencies for instigating groups, Trump for calling it out, and all the individuals who chose their J6 actions.  To put this all on Trump is LOL.  

I thought you were LOL at Antifa since that is the word you highlighted, and there is much public discussion about how Antifa was not involved.  My bad for missing your larger context of LOL.

I was laughing at antifa because MAGA immediately and comically pointed the finger at them.  Always someone or something else with MAGA.  Never evidence and never ending conspiracies being accepted as fact.  Childish lack of introspection.

That election was not rigged and the buck of culpability stops with MAGA.

• Fire 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I don't think I've ever heard anyone argue, 'nobody tries to cheat in elections'

Perhaps that is correct.   What you have heard is that it has never gotten to the level to affect an election.   And who is the judge of that when there are no investigations into it.   And with no investigations, it is easy to say there is no evidence for widespread vote fraud.   See how that works?

mspart

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mspart said:

Perhaps that is correct.   What you have heard is that it has never gotten to the level to affect an election.   And who is the judge of that when there are no investigations into it.   And with no investigations, it is easy to say there is no evidence for widespread vote fraud.   See how that works?

mspart

In the Georgia court examination of voting machine security the plaintiff’s witness displayed how he could change the election results with a pen he borrowed from the defendant’s attorney.  He explained how this could be done without leaving any evidence of tampering.  Part of the defendant’s final argument was that there was no evidence that any election had been compromised.  

18 hours ago, Offthemat said:

In the Georgia court examination of voting machine security the plaintiff’s witness displayed how he could change the election results with a pen he borrowed from the defendant’s attorney.  He explained how this could be done without leaving any evidence of tampering.  Part of the defendant’s final argument was that there was no evidence that any election had been compromised.  

You mean I was right?   Amazing!!

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Fire 1

Fani Willis is not feeling so good.   I'll cherry pick some pieces here.

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/02/1224275208/fani-willis-misconduct-nathan-wade-trump-case

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is strongly pushing back against claims she violated federal law and ethical standards by having a personal relationship with a lead prosecutor on the 2020 election interference case against former President Donald Trump and others.

In a court filing Friday, Willis said the relationship with Nathan Wade, who was hired to work the case in 2021, did not begin until 2022 and allegations that the pair financially benefit from prosecuting the case are "meritless."

...According to the Jan. 8 motion, Wade has been paid more than $600,000 since 2021 for his work on the case, which primarily included overseeing a months-long special purpose grand jury process behind closed doors that investigated the failed attempt to overturn Georgia's 2020 presidential results by Trump and his allies.

...  Credit card statements released in the divorce case show two plane tickets, one to Miami and one to San Francisco, that Wade purchased for himself and in Willis' name.

The DA said that "expenses for personal travel were roughly divided equally between us."  (Roughly indeed!!!)

Lets see -  She hires her lover for $250/hour, totaling over $600K.   But using that money to go on various vacations together is not unethical or illegal.  Noooooo.   It's racist to think so.    Poor Fani, made her bed and now has to sleep in it.  And she had the temerity of speaking in church and complaining about how racist this all is.   Just going after him and her because of racism.   You don't say.    Let me tell you, white DAs  that hire their white attorney lover in the same way and go on vacation together on the hired's dime will get treated the same way.    It's called being an idiot.   Being an idiot is no respecter of races.   As my funny page on my wall at work says, Life is tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid.  Attributed to John Wayne.   How stupid do you have to be to do what Fani Willis did?  

She thought she could game the system.   She thought it was iron clad.   She thought no one would find out.   Only an idiot and felon thinks that way.   I don't know if what she did rises to felony status, just saying felons think that way.   But I'm pretty sure the idiot moniker is accurate.   Most felons are not known for high IQ.   Most are idiots.  

mspart

8 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

If this trending story is true the case should be scrapped and start from scratch. (Which means there probably wouldn’t be a case, can’t imagine they start that work all over again) 

You are correct in both sentences.    Have a great weekend and send pics of your latest smoked creation. 

mspart

• Fire 1