Penn State at Oregon State, 1/5 8pm EST/5pm PST

Le duke

MM might get decked by a top tier counter wrestler like KOT but man, he’s just going to kill anyone else not on that level.

He’s a maniac. Imagine live goes with MM and Nolf, or Dake. I’d pay to see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Le duke said:

MM might get decked by a top tier counter wrestler like KOT but man, he’s just going to kill anyone else not on that level.

He’s a maniac. Imagine live goes with MM and Nolf, or Dake. I’d pay to see that.

KOT and Mitchell are both AKA products.  

I thought MM would win but I didn't expect that.  brutal weight class tho and Carr has already lost.   He's for real.     I also felt that Davis was going to win.  Someone said he was only a #42 recruit.  Most teams would love a #42 recruit.   That is essentially top 3 in your weight class

43 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I did not have Mesenbrink over Olguin and Starocci over Wittlake by TF on tonight’s bingo card.

Do you happen to have a final score?

29 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Kaylor had only lost in SV or 2 points or less.   Davis had a major before the late takedown.    This win should move him close or into the top 10.  

Mesenbrink should be top 5. 

165 is insane.

You have KOT (3, 1, 1, U23 gold); Carr (1, 3, 2, U20 gold); Amine (7, 4, 4); Hamiti (6, 6); Caliendo (7); Olejnik (8); and Hall (8). Plus a number of returning R12 and R16 guys. Then you throw Mesenbrink (U20 gold) into the mix.

As of now, only KOT, Olejnik, and Mesenbrink are undefeated.

NCAAs will be fun to watch.

Edited by peanut
  • Fire 2

Kaylor had only lost in SV or 2 points or less.   Davis had a major before the late takedown.    This win should move him close or into the top 10.  
Mesenbrink should be top 5. 

He’s still technically in RS, so some rankers might not rank him yet.

I think Davis, after they put him out there for his 6th date, will show up at ~15th. He’ll then hit DeAugustino, McCrone, Ayala, Peterson and Smith in a one month stretch. If he wins any of those, assuming he wins the other, less difficult matches, I think he might crack the top 10.

165 is insane.
You have KOT (3, 1, 1, U23 gold); Carr (1, 3, 2, U20 gold); Amine (7, 4, 4); Hamiti (6, 6); Caliendo (7); Olejnik (8); and Hall (8). Plus a number of returning R12 and R16 guys. Then you throw Mesenbrink (U20 gold) into the mix.
As of now, only KOT, Olejnik, and Mesenbrink are undefeated.
NCAAs will be fun to watch.

I think KOT, Carr and Amine are the only ones who have the defense to keep him at bay. KOT has so many weapons. I could see him decking MM if he gets too aggressive too early in the match.

Amine is a master at slowing a match down. If he can do that, he has a chance. He also moves his feet well.

The rest of them, nope. I just don’t see them going with MM.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Le duke said:

He’s still technically in RS, so some rankers might not rank him yet.

I think Davis, after they put him out there for his 6th date, will show up at ~15th. He’ll then hit DeAugustino, McCrone, Ayala, Peterson and Smith in a one month stretch. If he wins any of those, assuming he wins the other, less difficult matches, I think he might crack the top 10.

You may be right. But. BSD had Interviews with both Cael and Davis,  It appeared like he was a go.  He's seperated himself.  .  

3 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I think KOT, Carr and Amine are the only ones who have the defense to keep him at bay. KOT has so many weapons. I could see him decking MM if he gets too aggressive too early in the match.

Amine is a master at slowing a match down. If he can do that, he has a chance. He also moves his feet well.

The rest of them, nope. I just don’t see them going with MM.

I would not be too quick to count out Hamiti, Olejnik and Ramirez. They would all be a tough out. 

On 1/4/2024 at 7:56 PM, wrestle87 said:

Because their room is already harder than anything they’ll face in competition.  They also don’t need the matches with all the competition they get in throughout the year.

A major part of their success is they classically under-wrestle in-season volume, they have for a long time, and they are rewarded with healthier teams and natl titles.  

Dual meets are just dress rehearsals to them.  

They've been doing it forever and if I recall correctly, are one of the major reasons national duals aren't a thing. Cael wants to stick with his formula and doesn't give a flying f about the regular season. Can't blame him, but makes for a very lame season leading up to NCAAs. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I love RBY - he says he's going to do as many of these watch parties as possible - because there are too many bad platforms out there charging too much money.  a man of the people!

Hmmm, isn't he gonna run into copyright issues if he's showing it? Usually these things only fly under the radar if nobody knows about them

• Fire 1