Iowa vs Iowa State

CycloneFan97

Poke done did ran out of fuel,  eh,  friends?

I said at the beginning that those sunken eyes didn't look good.  Reminded me of Slaton that one match. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Poke done did ran out of fuel,  eh,  friends?

I said at the beginning that those sunken eyes didn't look good.  Reminded me of Slaton that one match. 

Well the difference is that Lee beats Dennis in the practice room

i am an idiot on the internet

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Well the difference is that Lee beats Dennis in the practice room

Maybe,  but there was a shortage of fuel from my angle. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

17 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Why would they need to? They shake hands before the dual, before the match, and after the match. What would we be looking to gain from a 4th (if not more) handshake.

Didn't say they needed to. Just asking if they did. Most teams shake it up after competition. I'm just going to assume they were trying to avoid any potential altercations. 

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Oh shit.  KT took him down.

Lee is no way 100%.  If he is gassing like this against this opponent, he better hope Arujau doesn't head back down...

It wasn't even Terukina who took him down it was the Iowa State BACKUP, Cabanban. Lee gassed horribly. He was no where near ready to wrestle. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Nittanychris said:

It wasn't even Terukina who took him down it was the Iowa State BACKUP, Cabanban. Lee gassed horribly. He was no where near ready to wrestle. 

If Lee scored a major and wasn’t ready to wrestle, what would you say about his opponent?

Edited by wrestlingphish

4 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

If Lee scored a major and wasn’t ready to wrestle, what would you say about his opponent?

That he is the backup for a reason, and as a backup wrestling a three time national champ who is also a two time Hodge winner wrestling with the ultimate home mat advantage, he did damn good.

• Fire 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

16 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

That he is the backup for a reason, and as a backup wrestling a three time national champ who is also a two time Hodge winner wrestling with the ultimate home mat advantage, he did damn good.

“Ultimate home mat advantage” is a new one for me. What criteria must one meet to have the ULTIMATE home mat advantage vs a Regular Home Mat Advantage? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

“Ultimate home mat advantage” is a new one for me. What criteria must one meet to have the ULTIMATE home mat advantage vs a Regular Home Mat Advantage? 

CHA is a much different home mat advantage than anywhere else, ya gotta be there and see/feel it. 

• Fire 1

Just now, ionel said:

CHA is a much different home mat advantage than anywhere else, ya gotta be there and see/feel it. 

As a season ticket holder to Iowa Wrestling meets for the last 15 years , and someone who was there today, I am fully aware of the Carver experience. Which is why I laugh that this was characterized as the ULTIMATE home mat advantage as opposed to the other years where Iowa has put ISU out to pasture. 

1 hour ago, Nittanychris said:

David Carr was not able to score bonus points against Patrick Kennedy who did not even place at the Southern Scuffle. as 2x AA and National Champion, David Carr was obviously nowhere near ready to wrestle if he couldn’t major a guy who has never wrestled at the NCAA tournament before.

24 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

I can only assume you have not attended a match at Carver. For reference material go to either BR or BWI and you can read up on "getting Carvered."

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

24 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

I'm not speaking for the person you're asking the question to,  but I think I have a pretty good perspective on home field advantage. 

For one,  I've never really believed in it,  simply because statistics don't bear it out very well.  However,  and with that said,  there are two places where it is very real.  One is rasslin against the Sqwawkers at Carver Sqwawkeye arena, and,  two,  playing the Packers at home in January. 

My only two exceptions. 

• Fire 2

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

I can only assume you have not attended a match at Carver. For reference material go to either BR or BWI and you can read up on "getting Carvered."

Good assumption. Is every match that takes place at Carver the “ultimate home mat advantage “ or just some? What makes it the “ultimate” vs a regular ole match at Carver. Be specific, DataBoy.

Just now, Ban Basketball said:

I'm not speaking for the person you're asking the question to,  but I think I have a pretty good perspective on home field advantage. 

For one,  I've never really believed in it,  simply because statistics don't bear it out very well.  However,  and with that said,  there are two places where it is very real.  One is rasslin against the Sqwawkers at Carver Sqwawkeye arena, and,  two,  playing the Packers at home in January. 

My only two exceptions. 

“It’s not real, except where it’s real”. Great analysis. Don’t you owe someone $1000 or something?

• Haha 3