ILLINI versus Stupid Missouri

ILLINIWrestlingBlog

From watching these posted clips, I'm impressed with with the UFC product.  I'm pretty much an old "tightwad" on a short leash limited budget, but with the knowledgable commentary, etc...  I might turn loose with a few dollars to follow my Tigers via UFC.  Prefer supporting them live, but man when I do, it's 4 hours of traveling and waaaaay past my bedtime by the time I get home.  The positive is seeing all the old timers from 50+ years of wrestling community.

• Fire 1

28 minutes ago, MidwestMan said:

From watching these posted clips, I'm impressed with with the UFC product.  I'm pretty much an old "tightwad" on a short leash limited budget, but with the knowledgable commentary, etc...  I might turn loose with a few dollars to follow my Tigers via UFC.  Prefer supporting them live, but man when I do, it's 4 hours of traveling and waaaaay past my bedtime by the time I get home.  The positive is seeing all the old timers from 50+ years of wrestling community.

Does Mizzou have any other duals on there?  Their schedule only indicates the duals on Flo, but there are several away duals against good teams that don’t list the streaming info (such as Stanford 1/10, WVU 1/26, Cornell 1/28, and Iowa State 2/25).

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, WrestlingFan89 said:

Except Missouri lost that dual.

Yes they did.  #4 Raymond Jordan was out for that dual, so Mizzou bumped up at 165, 174, and 184.  Ellis was out at hwt also, and Mizzou gave up a pin to end the dual.

28 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

One other tangent on the whole “growing the sport” thing is that while adding another subscription service isn’t ideal for wrestling fans, it’s also potentially exposing wrestling to fans of the UFC that already subscribe to Fight Pass.

Ding ding ding

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

19 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

One other tangent on the whole “growing the sport” thing is that while adding another subscription service isn’t ideal for wrestling fans, it’s also potentially exposing wrestling to fans of the UFC that already subscribe to Fight Pass.

The B12 home duals are generally on Espn+ and the b10 on BTN+ so why when there's a neutral site dual go to a smaller package streaming service.  I do actually like the UFC product versus the Flo/track mess or Rokfin but why not just broadcast for the fans on both Espn+ and BTN+? the OSU v Iowa dual is in Stillwater this year so could be Espn+ will be on FS1.  Thats a move up not down.  

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

Yes they did.  #4 Raymond Jordan was out for that dual, so Mizzou bumped up at 165, 174, and 184.  Ellis was out at hwt also, and Mizzou gave up a pin to end the dual.

The Gophers were missing Mack Reiter and Tyler Safratowich.  I’d say there would have been a greater than 50% chance that Konrad would have pinned Ellis in that situation in 2007.

8 minutes ago, WrestlingFan89 said:

The Gophers were missing Mack Reiter and Tyler Safratowich.  I’d say there would have been a greater than 50% chance that Konrad would have pinned Ellis in that situation in 2007.

Ellis would have lost, but highly unlikely it would have been by pin.  Eventual national champs typically don't lose by fall.  I think the highest ranked guy Ellis wrestled that year was Fox, who took third at NCAA's.  He lost 6-5 to him. 

8 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Ellis would have lost, but highly unlikely it would have been by pin.  Eventual national champs typically don't lose by fall.  I think the highest ranked guy Ellis wrestled that year was Fox, who took third at NCAA's.  He lost 6-5 to him. 

Ellis got pinned by Cody Parker in the 2nd round wrestlebacks at NCAA’s that year.  And Konrad pinned Aaron Anspach in the National Championship finals.  Not to mention, he decked Steve Mocco to end the national duals the previous season.

32 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Spencer Lee would like a word!

• Fire 1

17 hours ago, 1032004 said:

...Although if it’s true USAW is coming out with its own streaming service, Flo could be in trouble too as they seem to be getting less and less access to high profile events.

Flo will be able to fall back on the thing they do that nobody else does...

Yes, you read it here first. Flo will become the giant in High School wrestling streaming!

While collegiate and international wrestling moves to one of the many better available options.

(And, yes, HS's will soon figure out its easier and cheaper to stream their own matches. Win for AV clubs nationwide.)

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Flo will be able to fall back on the thing they do that nobody else does...

Yes, you read it here first. Flo will become the giant in High School wrestling streaming!

While collegiate and international wrestling moves to one of the many better available options.

(And, yes, HS's will soon figure out its easier and cheaper to stream their own matches. Win for AV clubs nationwide.)

Probably.  That’s actually where Rokfin seems to be increasing their presence as well.   So could be an interesting battle between the Flo bros

• Fire 1