Southern border

headshuck

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

It doesn't provide any context, other than hate, bigotry and scaremongering.   The crime didn't occur because of undocumented migrants, it occurred despite that. It would be more relevant to post an article of a murder committed by an American.  No shortage of those.  Relevant question is why are American crime rates so much higher than immigrant crime rates?  Seems like the way for our society to experience fewer of these crimes is to encourage immigration AND emigration.

What Husker said,

It sounds like you excuse the illegal entrants to this country from any crimes they perpetrate because it is not a sufficient level.   That is an incoherent position.   All crime should be prosecuted.   Immigration system needs to be fixed, it is not doing what it is meant to do, which is to stem the flow of non US citizens from pouring over the border and from across the seas and allow those that do some good and are seen as law abiding people by their countries.   The immigration system has been bastardized to let all in. 

Currently, anyone that hops across the border can claim asylum and they are given the royal treatment.  That is not the way our immigration laws read.  Asylum is defined very narrowly to pertain to very few.   It is now being used as an excuse to let everyone in.

mspart

black people in every city are going to city council meetings detailing the negative effects of mass illegal immigration.

creates quite the conundrum for people like yourself.

you either have to say 'i was wrong. illegal immigration is having damning affects'

or, gasp!

"those black people are wrong."

• Confused 1

TBD

3 minutes ago, mspart said:

What Husker said,

It sounds like you excuse the illegal entrants to this country from any crimes they perpetrate because it is not a sufficient level.   That is an incoherent position.   All crime should be prosecuted.   Immigration system needs to be fixed, it is not doing what it is meant to do, which is to stem the flow of non US citizens from pouring over the border and from across the seas and allow those that do some good and are seen as law abiding people by their countries.   The immigration system has been bastardized to let all in. 

Currently, anyone that hops across the border can claim asylum and they are given the royal treatment.  That is not the way our immigration laws read.  Asylum is defined very narrowly to pertain to very few.   It is now being used as an excuse to let everyone in.

mspart

there are many simple, predictable, dumb parts of this current immigration coup (yes, it's part coup)

but the one that's so ***ducking** funny is the standard, vapid dem response of 'we now know it's bad but we need immigration reform'

wtf was wrong with it before biden? 

• Haha 1

TBD

4 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

black people in every city are going to city council meetings detailing the negative effects of mass illegal immigration.

creates quite the conundrum for people like yourself.

you either have to say 'i was wrong. illegal immigration is having damning affects'

or, gasp!

"those black people are wrong."

No conundrums here.  You don't even know where I stand on this issue.   All you know is I pointed out Mayor Adams is not changing policy, in response to a video where your commentary was he is changing policy.  That means you didn't watch your own video.  Admit it, you're just phoning it in.

10 minutes ago, mspart said:

What Husker said,

mspart

Everything in this post is inaccurate, which you knew even as you typed it.

• Fire 1

1) i don't recall what post you're referring to. Mayor Adams went to DC the other day and begged for help and they denied him

2) that has nothing to due with the fact that you're suggesting it's ok for south american felons to come across the border unchecked b/c there are also criminals in the US.

it's frankly one of the dumbest things ever uttered here. 

• Confused 1

TBD

6 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

1) i don't recall what post you're referring to. Mayor Adams went to DC the other day and begged for help and they denied him

2) that has nothing to due with the fact that you're suggesting it's ok for south american felons to come across the border unchecked b/c there are also criminals in the US.

it's frankly one of the dumbest things ever uttered here. 

How about that time you said people can steal up to $950?  Per day.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!  That has to be up there. 

I didn't say it is ok for felons from anywhere  to come across the border.  More fearmongering.  I said our crime rate goes down when people immigrate here.

• Fire 1

you're in total spin zone now

1) you know i was discussing this

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/09/13/post-falsely-claims-shoplifting-is-allowed-in-california-fact-check-theft-prop-47-950-stealing/70827188007/

2) you didn't suggest it's ok b/c america also has criminals?

you're now saying that your point was that 'statistics go down' lol

if that was your (stupid) point, why did you send a link about a Texan murderer. what the everloving ***duck** does that have to due w/ statistics?

3) i'm just going to avoid reading your posts. you're not a serious person. you lack critical thinking and you lie. 

• Stalling 1

TBD

Just now, Husker_Du said:

you're in total spin zone now

1) you know i was discussing this

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/09/13/post-falsely-claims-shoplifting-is-allowed-in-california-fact-check-theft-prop-47-950-stealing/70827188007/

2) you didn't suggest it's ok b/c america also has criminals?

you're now saying that your point was that 'statistics go down' lol

if that was your (stupid) point, why did you send a link about a Texan murderer. what the everloving ***duck** does that have to due w/ statistics?

3) i'm just going to avoid reading your posts. you're not a serious person. you lack critical thinking and you lie. 

I did not say it is ok.  I either said or implied it is wrong to attribute an individual crime to immigration status, because it is not relevant.  It is also ludicrous to imply membership in a group as a contributing factor in a crime, when in fact that group has a lower crime rate than a comparison group. I stand by that, which you will no doubt label a lie.  LOL.

Can you come up with another tweet for us to read?!  Only thing I ask is for you provide, in your own words, what it means.  Otherwise, you'll nut tuck when it's stupidity is revealed.

28 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Everything in this post is inaccurate, which you knew even as you typed it.

I'm guessing you are confused.   You excused bad behavior on the part of illegal immigrants based on their crime rate is not as high as ours.   In fact you stated that we should import more people and get rid of our people.   My post was accurate.

mspart

Just now, mspart said:

I'm guessing you are confused.   You excused bad behavior on the part of illegal immigrants based on their crime rate is not as high as ours.   In fact you stated that we should import more people and get rid of our people.   My post was accurate.

mspart

No confusion, your post is crazy town.

What is confusing is people dehumanizing other people.  

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

It doesn't provide any context, other than hate, bigotry and scaremongering.   The crime didn't occur because of undocumented migrants, it occurred despite that. It would be more relevant to post an article of a murder committed by an American.  No shortage of those.  Relevant question is why are American crime rates so much higher than immigrant crime rates?  Seems like the way for our society to experience fewer of these crimes is to encourage immigration AND emigration.

53 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

You are right, no confusion, except on your part.   You said it.  I didn't.   I just reported the facts.

mspart

• Fire 2

8 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

you are a bizarre, bizarre human being. 

about as disingenuous as i've come across.

everything you said is literally on record.

and yet...

you deny reality. 

I'm listening and waiting for you to correct the record.  Also, I checked the record and you were indeed asserting that people can steal up top 1000/day.  I remembered you saying it was 950, but you didn't even get that part right.

7 minutes ago, mspart said:

You are right, no confusion, except on your part.   You said it.  I didn't.   I just reported the facts.

mspart

The emphasized words are all correct. Confusion is on your part.  I did not, in any way, say this person was excused for his alleged crime.  I pointed out the fallacy of blaming immigration on the crime and then used a literary tool called sarcasm to emphasize in a different way the relative crime rates of citizens and immigrants.  No confusion on my part whatsoever.

Edited by Plasmodium

1 hour ago, mspart said:

You didn't say it but you essentially said it.   We should import more immigrants and export our own people.   You can read that how you like but it is pretty plain.

mspart

Read it how I like?  I wrote it.  I told you why I wrote it the way I wrote it.  LOL When did "seems like the way" become "we should"?  I 100 percent stand behind what I wrote.

Texas is making state law regarding migrants, which is sure to be quickly litigated in federal court.   If the outcome of that is Texas can make law regarding international borders, NY and Illinois will be empowered to issue temporary work permits to migrants.   That will alleviate the financial burden of hosting them.  Win-win?

Then it should be stopped.   TX is making that attempt at least along their border.   This would not be felt necessary (and never was) except the Federal Government has abdicated their responsibility to control immigration. 

mspart

Edited by mspart