Senior Nationals (US Olympic Trials Qualifier) - Dec. 15-17

SocraTease

4 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

If you were trying to be humorous, maybe you could include an emoji or an /s/? 

Context and tone often don't come through on message boards.

i wasn't. People on this forum just can't handle someone pointing out that Lee isn't the toughest guy on earth....

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

5 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

It's possible they just disagree...

Yeah but i've never had anyone respond respectfully to the idea ever, its all pearl clutching and insults. The subject is similar to how you'd be treated if you went around saying "the holocaust sort of happened". 

If lee wins this weekend I'll retire the idea and apologize (unless he does it in really embarassing fashion).

Edited by Hammerlock3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Yeah but i've never had anyone respond respectfully to the idea ever, its all pearl clutching and insults. The subject is similar to how you'd be treated if you went around saying "the holocaust sort of happened". 

If lee wins this weekend I'll retire the idea and apologize (unless he does it in really embarassing fashion).

He's pretty tough.

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Will LJB make his return to tell us how American refs are awful?

I can say with rather heavy certainty that LJB cares precisely dick about these forums insofar as that goes.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

As for the IRTC and IRTC-adjacent wrestlers, I think this is their status vis-a-vis an Olympic Team Trials spot:

IN

Joe "The Wraustler" Rau

Kamal Bey (waiting in the finals)

MUST WIN ONE OF THEIR NEXT TWO MATCHES:

Zac Braunagel

Danny Braunagel

West Cathcart

Danny has the toughest road, followed by West and then Zac. Zac already teched his first matchup earlier today. And now for the Airing of Grievances:

1.  Flo and Track, why do you make me click that "Are you still there" link every two minutes? You are the clingy girlfriend who is not worth this much attention. See image below. 

2.  With regard to #1 above, I'm a Flo subscriber, so why is this hurdle in my path? At least in the before times I got to see a stupid Jake Varner youtube video about Defense Soap, but now, what purpose does it serve other than to anger your consumer base? 

3.  The commercials. They still interrupt. I want to see hands raised, celebrations, the coach pumping his fist, etc. By the way, why commercials? 

4.  The cameras were better than the Flo average but still not as good as a birthday party in 1999. 

5.  Whoever manned the scoring table for Mat #6 wasn't trained enough. There was no link to Trackwrestling early on and then later in the day and thus no live scoring. I had to go to the actual camera on FloWrestling to see that there were people wrestling on that mat. Surprise! 

6.  Why force us to toggle back and forth between Track and Flo? The bout board on Flo was useless, so I had to go back to Track to see who was wrestling. 

7.  At least during the matches that I watched somebody thoughtful at the table was usually kind enough to turn the camera when the action went off the screen. It didn't happen enough, mind you, but it was better than usual. 

8.  In the list of events on Track, you have to go to page two and then a quarter of the way down the page to find Senior Nationals. Seriously, that's insane. On the first page of events, you have a Triangular, a Middle School conference tournament, two JV "mixers," four JV invites, a JV tournament, and a JV Open. There's also a Jamboree. What the **** is a  "Jamboree"? No, don't tell me. I don't want to know. You're all going to jail for that! We have to scroll through all of this stuff. Put an obvious link to the big events on the front page. This is so freaking obvious I laugh. Is there somebody at Flo sitting in a big leather chair petting a cat and chuckling evilly while thinking about the confusion this causes? "Chaos! I love CHAOS!" 

9.  Are you hiring.  

ILLINIWRESTLING638.jpg

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

As for the IRTC and IRTC-adjacent wrestlers, I think this is their status vis-a-vis an Olympic Team Trials spot:

IN

Joe "The Wraustler" Rau

Kamal Bey (waiting in the finals)

MUST WIN ONE OF THEIR NEXT TWO MATCHES:

Zac Braunagel

Danny Braunagel

West Cathcart

Danny has the toughest road, followed by West and then Zac. Zac already teched his first matchup earlier today. And now for the Airing of Grievances:

1.  Flo and Track, why do you make me click that "Are you still there" link every two minutes? You are the clingy girlfriend who is not worth this much attention. See image below. 

2.  With regard to #1 above, I'm a Flo subscriber, so why is this hurdle in my path? At least in the before times I got to see a stupid Jake Varner youtube video about Defense Soap, but now, what purpose does it serve other than to anger your consumer base? 

3.  The commercials. They still interrupt. I want to see hands raised, celebrations, the coach pumping his fist, etc. By the way, why commercials? 

4.  The cameras were better than the Flo average but still not as good as a birthday party in 1999. 

5.  Whoever manned the scoring table for Mat #6 wasn't trained enough. There was no link to Trackwrestling early on and then later in the day and thus no live scoring. I had to go to the actual camera on FloWrestling to see that there were people wrestling on that mat. Surprise! 

6.  Why force us to toggle back and forth between Track and Flo? The bout board on Flo was useless, so I had to go back to Track to see who was wrestling. 

7.  At least during the matches that I watched somebody thoughtful at the table was usually kind enough to turn the camera when the action went off the screen. It didn't happen enough, mind you, but it was better than usual. 

8.  In the list of events on Track, you have to go to page two and then a quarter of the way down the page to find Senior Nationals. Seriously, that's insane. On the first page of events, you have a Triangular, a Middle School conference tournament, two JV "mixers," four JV invites, a JV tournament, and a JV Open. There's also a Jamboree. What the **** is a  "Jamboree"? No, don't tell me. I don't want to know. You're all going to jail for that! We have to scroll through all of this stuff. Put an obvious link to the big events on the front page. This is so freaking obvious I laugh. Is there somebody at Flo sitting in a big leather chair petting a cat and chuckling evilly while thinking about the confusion this causes? "Chaos! I love CHAOS!" 

9.  Are you hiring.  

ILLINIWRESTLING638.jpg

Amen.  I've complained about the antiquated Track user interface for years, only to learn that Track was exempt from criticism on these boards.  

• Fire 1