NorthCarolina

With Brooks moving up to 197,  it opens the door for Foca or Truax keep the Penn State and Cornell stranglehold on 184 going. 

Since 2011 a Penn State or Cornell wrestler has won 184 every year except for 2019 (Drew Foster of UNI) and 2020 (sad face) 

Penn State 184 Winners: Quentin Wright, Bo, and Brooks. 

Cornell 184 Winners: Steve Bosak, Gabe Dean

• Fire 1

52 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

@BigRedFan what does it mean for Loew if Foca is up at 184?  Will Loew do some sort of greyshirt/redshirt thing where he unenrolls to preserve eligibility?  Loew seems to have gone on injury RS last year - maybe he is still injured?  Any ideas?  

I think that Loew has no time to sit out any more.  Pretty sure he's already taken as much time off as he could to avoid graduation.  I have no inside information on him or just about anything else.

• Fire 1

On 11/22/2023 at 4:32 PM, flyingcement said:

@BigRedFan what does it mean for Loew if Foca is up at 184?  Will Loew do some sort of greyshirt/redshirt thing where he unenrolls to preserve eligibility?  Loew seems to have gone on injury RS last year - maybe he is still injured?  Any ideas?  

he was already taking off the fall semester to preserve Ivy eligibility for the spring but the word is that he reinjured his shoulder and he's dunzo for the year. likely to graduate in the spring and if he wrestles again it won't be for Cornell.

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, ugarles said:

he was already taking off the fall semester to preserve Ivy eligibility for the spring but the word is that he reinjured his shoulder and he's dunzo for the year. likely to graduate in the spring and if he wrestles again it won't be for Cornell.

Maybe Loew, Cardenas, Foca, and Fernandes can all do a grad transfer to Stanford...

22 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

BIG+ has Minnesota vs SDSU kicking off in five minutes.  I'm excited to see Salazar vs Berge.  

Salazar beat him like 12-0 last year right?

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me