Black Knight Invite

nhs67

Just now, Le duke said:

Davis just beat Tristan Lujan, MSU’s 125 starter.

I think he’ll be the starter for Penn State going forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may be one of those scenarios where Davis gets to choose.

Beating Lujan 4-2 doesn't make him a lock for points at NCAAs either.

If Davis wants to go, give him the nod.  He isn't head and shoulders better, though.  Nothing proves that either (yet).

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

This may be one of those scenarios where Davis gets to choose.
Beating Lujan 4-2 doesn't make him a lock for points at NCAAs either.
If Davis wants to go, give him the nod.  He isn't head and shoulders better, though.  Nothing proves that either (yet).

It’s a significant step in his upward progression.

Also, looks like Messenbrink won’t get to take a top-10 scalp because his teammate decked Fish right before he pinned White.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Le duke said:

It’s a significant step in his upward progression.

Also, looks like Messenbrink won’t get to take a top-10 scalp because his teammate decked Fish right before he pinned White.

Damn.

And now watch... someone will rank Mesenbrink at like 22nd and Fish at 14th... despite actual logic.

8 minutes ago, Le duke said:

RS FR Barr just beat top-10 Nolan.

Wom on a RT point tok.

Just now, Le duke said:

Well, Messenbrink still has to beat his teammate, The Claw, who is pretty good on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearclaw has to get on top first.

Davis is skinny.  They need to utilize that right now before he grows out of it.

He just won 5-1 w/ RT over Berginc, who Majored Howard (who InjDef out of his 3rd place match) 12-3 in the semi-finals.

9 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

As Kyle Dake de ages he is going to look like Braeden Davis' twin brother in a few years. 

I actually thought that, too

Like... damn... who let baby Dake out?

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Davis showed he wasn't going to back down in that match, too.  Berginc shot a club that would make Hidlay happy and Davis didn't back down.

Berginc is very physical. He plays that fine line between physical and assault like Hidlay does haha. 

• Fire 1

Just now, Gus said:

Berginc is very physical. He plays that fine line between physical and assault like Hidlay does haha. 

At least he isn't a complete back of shit like Baylor Fernandez.

Barr beats Kranitz from Buffalo in SV. Both wrestlers had several good shots in deep but could not convert during the 3 periods of regulation, and Barr finally was able to pull in a leg and get the TD and some back points in SV.

Of Penn State true freshman, Davis looks 14 years old but wrestles tough. Kasak is a big 141 and he holds position great. Did not shoot on Bartlett but he's a tough out for anyone. Barr looks physically bigger than he did in h.s. Last year's version would have lost today. He should be ready when it is his turn.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I think Howard defaulting out for 4th is more of a sign than Davis winning it in regards to the starting role.

Robbie Howard is shot. No use talking about it much more as I doubt he’ll be the guy. 

I watched this kid thru HS. He was a wildman, constant pressure and offense.  He’s seemingly healthy but the injuries must have taken its toll in his head. Was not same Robbie Howard and I highly doubt he ever gets back to that. 

I can’t imagine Davis isn’t the guy going forward. He’s not AA material right now but he’ll give everything he has and hopefully can improve enough to where he can make podium. Thankfully 125 is as weak as I can remember it being in a long time. 

Only unknown at this point is McHenry hasn’t wrestled this year. Would have liked to see what he has these last 2 tournies

125 is a weight where a lot can happen. But obviously, you need a guy qualified to do that.

Would I pencil in Davis for points? No. But I wouldn't have penciled in Ventresca for points last year either and his wrestling this year makes me think it was just a good weekend.

Send the freshman, he has by far the most room to grow then can redshirt later. 

29 minutes ago, Pish said:

Robbie Howard is shot. No use talking about it much more as I doubt he’ll be the guy. 

I watched this kid thru HS. He was a wildman, constant pressure and offense.  He’s seemingly healthy but the injuries must have taken its toll in his head. Was not same Robbie Howard and I highly doubt he ever gets back to that. 

I can’t imagine Davis isn’t the guy going forward. He’s not AA material right now but he’ll give everything he has and hopefully can improve enough to where he can make podium. Thankfully 125 is as weak as I can remember it being in a long time. 

Only unknown at this point is McHenry hasn’t wrestled this year. Would have liked to see what he has these last 2 tournies

125 is not weak, it’s deep with everyone beating up on each other.   Berginc beat Liam Cronin and Brandon Kaylor last year.  If Davis beat him 5-1 I’d give him a shot to AA.